Let's see: RIM sells its OS with its phones, Apple sells its OS with its phone. Google gives away the OS. So Android users are happy they are the biggest because it will help Google's Mobile Ad system? You guys must be so proud...
    Android fans are happy because if you compare the specs of the top of the line Android phone with the top of the line RIM phone, you'll see a big difference.
    10-06-10 11:00 AM
    Android fans are happy because if you compare the specs of the top of the line Android phone with the top of the line RIM phone, you'll see a big difference.
    Lol, there is no comparison.
    10-06-10 11:05 AM
    Let's see: RIM sells its OS with its phones, Apple sells its OS with its phone. Google gives away the OS. So Android users are happy they are the biggest because it will help Google's Mobile Ad system? You guys must be so proud...
    Actually, Android fans are happy because the more Android users there are the more support the platform gets. That means more support from Google advancing the OS, more support in the hacking community and more support in the app community.

I can care less about Googles add system.
    10-06-10 11:19 AM
    Apple charges ATT about $500/phone. They probably can't get that from Verizon, so no deal. It's all about the money with Apple. They're happy with their market share, it exceeds their expectations. IMO Android will slowly start to snuff out the iPhone. Android has only been in the market about a year, and they are picking up steam becaue of all the hardware and carrier choices. Their apps now are rivaling the iPhone apps too. More power to them. My family used to have 4 BBs and 2 dumbphones. Now we have 4 Androids, 1 BB, and 1 dumbphone, all with Vzn. I think we're pretty typical. We have plenty of money to spend and look for the most coverage and best phone for the money.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 10-06-10 at 12:17 PM.
    10-06-10 12:14 PM
    Android seems to be growing because they are offering the most innovative products right now. BB is doing the same thing it has always done (which I like), but it is the same thing as before. OS 6 is no different, just a few new features, but same ol' BB. The iPhone is advancing, but not at a great pace. Just enough to keep people interested. But it seems like Android is coming out with amazing hand sets, apps, and functionality all the time. Almost daily it seems. It has become the most attractive platform because of it. I think that Android's focus on innovation is extraordinary. I just wish that they would slow down a bit and go back to fix some of the other things that their OS lacks or is weak on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 07:54 PM
    Actually, Android fans are happy because the more Android users there are the more support the platform gets. That means more support from Google advancing the OS, more support in the hacking community and more support in the app community.

I can care less about Googles add system.
    You may feel that way, But you do know that is all Google cares about right? Android exists for only one reason, and that is to sell ads. Both on apps and from search results. Google isn't a phone company and they don't want to be it's only about the ads. Every single improvement Google has ever made or will ever make to Android is about one thing. Getting more subscribers so they can sell more ads. Eric Schmidt flat out said that was the only reason they were making a mobile operating system. To get people to pay for a mobile advertising platform. All the cool bells and whistles of Android are only there to get you to pay a monthly fee for their ads.

Sadly now all phones are doing it or soon will. I for one don't like being bombarded with ads Or having my activates monitored so ads can be tailor made for me.

People can knock BlackBerry all they want but they are at least phones first. Android is a Mobile ad device. If they could get people to carry them without the telephone part they would.
    Last edited by Witmen; 10-06-10 at 10:32 PM.
    10-06-10 08:59 PM
    This isn't a surprise.
    10-06-10 09:26 PM
    10-07-10 03:10 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD