Hello All,

I have had my Captivate since Tuesday and everytime I mount it to my mac, it shows up as "Blackberry."

It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's annoying, especially since I have removed the desktop manager from my device.

Anyone else having this issue? Know how to fix it?

Any help is appreciated.
    02-11-11 09:35 AM
    Sounds weird, and I have no idea why it would do that... are you using a common SD card (from an old device)?
    02-11-11 09:45 AM
    Yes, but I did format it. Is this the issue?
    02-11-11 09:50 AM
    If you are using the same SD card, it might be labeled as "BlackBerry". You should be able to go into File Explorer and rename the SD card (usually under properties).

I have an SD card in one of my cameras. It is labeled with the camera model and shows up that way when the camera is connected. If I take the SD card out of the camera and attach it to my computer, it will still show up with the camera model as its name.
    02-11-11 10:05 AM
    okay I can't find the properties. I'm in settings. seeing everything but. am I looking in the wrong place?
    02-11-11 10:48 AM
    Try right clicking it when it is mounted.
    02-11-11 11:39 AM
    Hello All,

I have had my Captivate since Tuesday and everytime I mount it to my mac, it shows up as "Blackberry."

It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's annoying
    Has your browser slowed to a crawl? Are your emails now coming in truncated? Do you suddenly feel the urge to dawn a business suit and carry top secret info on your cellphone? If so..then you may want to completely wipe the phone..as it may have the "Blackberry virus"
    02-11-11 11:48 AM
    Thanks! That worked.

Has your browser slowed to a crawl? Are your emails now coming in truncated? Do you suddenly feel the urge to dawn a business suit and carry top secret info on your cellphone? If so..then you may want to completely wipe the phone..as it may have the "Blackberry virus"
    funny.

you know I haven't even tried the browser yet...
    02-11-11 11:49 AM
    Yes, but I did format it. Is this the issue?
    Formatting doesn't change the name on the card. Do as advised above, in a file manager, place your cursor over the drive that your card is mounted on and right click and select Rename.

Edit: I see your problem is solved.
    02-11-11 11:51 AM
    uninstall the device from hardware manager while still plugged in, then unplug, wait a minute, then connect again. Should see as a new device and name properly. Assuming there is some function like that on mac...
    02-13-11 03:34 PM
    Yeah, Someone else gave you the answer I was going to give. I had this same issue when I upgraded from BB to Android. I just formatted my card and I was fine.
    02-13-11 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD