I'm a former BB user and Crackberry.com addict using the HTC Incredible now.

I still come here to check out what's new with BB and I like to read the Android forum here too, but also want to be on a dedicated Android forum that has a sub-forum dedicated to the Incredible. Hoping to find a dedicated android forum that is as useful as Crackberry has been.

I know alot of people here are also on these other forums and was just wondering if there is any concensus as to whether or not Android Central forums was better (meaning broader knowledge base of users, more helpful, etc...) than Androidforums, or vice versa???

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by BTsee; 06-16-10 at 01:26 PM.
    06-16-10 01:23 PM
    I'm probably bias, but I would say Android Central, it's run by SPE, the same parent company as Crackberry.com, so some global policies may be similar (although not many, AC has their own style).

Have been to both those sites I'd say really you can't go wrong they BOTH are pretty good. I'm just partial to Android Central.
    06-16-10 01:41 PM
    android central and dont forget about xda-developers
    06-16-10 02:08 PM
    crackberry
    droidforums
    androidforums

^ these have me covered for smart phone info and discussions.
    06-16-10 02:34 PM
    Android Central and xda-developers are the
    only two I frequent. A/C more so than xda.
    06-16-10 04:09 PM
    I'm surprised that android central doesn't have a mobile site. Are the browsers that good you don't need it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 06:29 PM
    I'm surprised that android central doesn't have a mobile site. Are the browsers that good you don't need it?

I don't use wap for browsing. Never did on the iPhone either. In fact, every time the browser defaults to mobile view I switch to desktop.

The browsers are very fast. Now that I have flash also, I like to take advantage of that.
    06-16-10 06:31 PM
    Droidforums, Android Central, and Howard Forums/Verizon/Smartphones/Android forum for me.
    06-16-10 06:39 PM

m.androidcentral.com for the main page and m.forums.androidcentral.com for the forums.

those are the mobile versions.

but yes the browsers are pretty slick and make it easy to use full versions as well.
    06-16-10 06:44 PM
    m.androidcentral.com for the main page and m.forums.androidcentral.com for the forums.

those are the mobile versions.

but yes the browsers are pretty slick and make it easy to use full versions as well.
    My BlackBerry defaults to the full site for AC...just saying.

06-16-10 08:48 PM
    Androidforums has good info but the moderators blow.
    Androidcentral is good.
    I'm on xda far more.
    06-16-10 08:58 PM
    Android Central is the way to go. I dont get on androidforums anymore since AC is just like crackberry and seem to be on top of all the new Android info.
    06-16-10 08:59 PM
    @avt123- I would rather use mobile sites on my blackberry. If I don't I feel like I'm on dialup. Start the page, put the phone down, drink a beer, check to see if it loaded, and repeat.

@drm2blv and ItnStln511- Thanks that will help out alot! I should know that. Apparently my phone defaults to the full site as well.

I am ready to get a android phone. All the research I've been doing is making me go crazy when i pick up my BB.
    06-16-10 09:04 PM
    I like Android Central. I prefer the mobile site so I'm not constantly pinching and zooming.

06-16-10 11:01 PM
    both are good site. AC is slower compared to AF but AC has a more expereienced crowd to it i think too. AF is like the storm forums are here. A bunch a noobs who dont know much asking the same questions 15 different ways so its harder to find good threads to read over there sometimes
    06-16-10 11:10 PM
    I like Android Central. I prefer the mobile site so I'm not constantly pinching and zooming.

I've tried the mobile site on there and find I still have to pinch & zoom because the font is small.
    06-18-10 10:08 AM
    I use both AC and AF, but I'm slowly gravitating more to AC..it does remind me of the Crackberry site..
    06-18-10 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD