The best browser among all the major platforms. I'm still struggling to find a decent browser , and I did fork dough for some, already. This leads me to believe something is up with their browser framework. Until I can load this other browser, Android's framework is king.

My litmus test isn't layout, but link behavior when clicked. Hard for me to do schoolwork when the browser can't interact correctly with the school's site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-27-11 01:05 AM
    I would love to respond but I am not sure what on are attempting to ask or tell us...
    10-27-11 01:20 AM
    Just posting my experience with the iPhone browser not being as sufficient as I hoped

10-27-11 03:09 AM
    Doesn't the skyfire browser on iOS run flash content? You should try that out.
    10-27-11 05:14 AM
    I've tried three browsers, already.. .one of them was all in Chinese.. And i couldn't locate the settings for English (that part of chinese, I can read, since Chinese language is easily spotted in Chinese writing. Skyfire works, then it doesn't ..very inconsistent. I think it comes down to framework the web browser developers are working with. Because they show the same behavior anomaly when I try clicking the same button in the same page.
    10-27-11 10:26 AM
    Doesn't the skyfire browser on iOS run flash content? You should try that out.
    Problem is, DeVry's website doesn't use flash, for the most part. I can see the need for skyfire there, but this was purely javascript. tap the button you want to access, and i see selection highlighter going above the actual button.
    10-27-11 10:28 AM
    IMO one of the few downsides to iOS is the browser. There really haven't been any radical improvements since 2007. There are other browsers like dolphin and opera available but don't perform half as well as they do on Android.
    I've always had problems with Opera, regardless of platform. Everyone touts how good it is on the desktop - which it is, but I find firefox more than sufficient on the desktop end. I also tried dolphin, but it acts the same way, and I'm not fond of redundancy.. one ring to rule them all kind of thing .
    10-27-11 12:35 PM
    Try Atomic Web Browser for the iphone
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-27-11 02:32 PM
    Try Atomic Web Browser for the iphone
    I will. Thanks

10-27-11 02:50 PM
    Skyfire on iOS is horrendous and slow. It doesn't run flash but converts flash content to HTML5 which takes forever. I would avoid skyfire like the plague since its not free on iOS.
    Saw some vids on it and it wasn't really slow but you're right about it not being true flash. It converted vids to HTML5 which was sort of a downer.

IMO one of the few downsides to iOS is the browser. There really haven't been any radical improvements since 2007. There are other browsers like dolphin and opera available but don't perform half as well as they do on Android.
    I've never seen anything wrong with mobile safari. The only thing I would think is missing is flash. All in all, it works just as the web browsing experience on Android and even WP7.

I do agree that you get the fullest desktop like experience from web browsers on Android than you do on any other mobile platform.
    I've always had problems with Opera, regardless of platform. Everyone touts how good it is on the desktop - which it is, but I find firefox more than sufficient on the desktop end. I also tried dolphin, but it acts the same way, and I'm not fond of redundancy.. one ring to rule them all kind of thing .
    If you get a chance with an Android, download Opera Mobile 11. Much better than the previous version. It's my favorite browser on Android and just one of the best mobile browsers out there.
    Last edited by condemned; 10-27-11 at 05:49 PM.
    10-27-11 05:17 PM
    I have tried majority of browsers on Android and keep reverting back to Opera. Loads everything fast and generally lime the layout. Dolphin HD was nice with the gesture thing, but crashed on me a few times. If not for Opera, I would go back to the stock browser as there was really nothing wrong with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 06:33 PM
    I am using stock. Its fine

And the Thunder rolls!
    11-02-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD