well for one, curve0644, you made a statement about creating a list of things android cannot do that a blackberry can. your list proved to be ill informed or just wrong. take your pick.

nothing wrong with personal preference, but maybe it's best to shy away from definitive statements unless you know what you're talking about. just a suggestion.
    No, my list does have stuff that the droid cannot do. And some of it, it does do, but it doesn't do it the way I prefer. Such as the e-mail service.
    12-21-09 05:28 PM
    You can like one thing better than another. Even if they both can do a lot of the same thing. Why is it okay for the guys here to say they like the droid better than the Berry but it's not okay for me to say I like the Berry better and that to me the droid looks like a toy?
    No one is saying you can't like one better than the other, but you are just ill informed and brainwashed by RIM. You "cant imagine bringing a Droid to work", and you said earlier you would probably get laughed at if I remember correctly. You then go on to say the Droid looks like a toy, which is clearly doesn't. The device is targeted at ADULT MALES. It is even considered very ugly by a lot of people, and trust me, children do not like ugly things.

No, my list does have stuff that the droid cannot do. And some of it, it does do, but it doesn't do it the way I prefer. Such as the e-mail service.
    Let's see how the Droid can only do SOME of the things you listed.

1. I use BlackBerry messenger with co workers.
    2. Lotus Notes.
    3. BB notepad
    4. myspace
    5. Facebook
    6. Weather bug
    7. Bolt
    8. Memo pad
    9. Tasks
    10. calculator
    11. Gps
    12. Dictionary app
    13. Gmail app
    14. Bing app
    15. Google sync with bb calendar
    16. alarm clock
    17. An app that is like excel
    18. A photo editing app.

I use more apps also but those are the main ones.
    1. Doesn't have BBM, but texting and IM applications work just fine. Things the rest of the world uses who don't have BBs.
    2. I have no clue, I don't use Lotus notes.
    3. Doesn't have BB notepad, but you can just download a notepad if you want.
    4. Droid Does.
    5. Droid Does.
    6. Droid Does.
    7. Bolt is garbage compared to the native browser and Dolphin. Webkit browsers. Bolt is not even in the same league.
    8. Droid Does, download one.
    9. Droid Does, download the app.
    10. Stock App, Droid Does.
    11. Welcome to the 21st century, all smartphones have GPS. The Droid has stock google navigation, which is free and has turn by turn.
    12. Download the app.
    13. Android is made by Google. Stock app.
    14. I don't use Bing and never checked.
    15. Google sync works on this phone with the native calendar. Once gain, Android is made by Google, it is obviously going to have Google sync.
    16. Every smartphone, ****, every dumbphone has this.
    17. Android has DocumentsToGo, and it's cheaper than it's BB version.
    18. Pretty sure their are photo editing apps available to download.

So pretty much the Droid does everything on your list. Besides the BB native crap, which the Android has it's own versions of. Once again you are very ill informed, and please do not take this as a personal attack. You came into the Android forum with definitive answers on things you know nothing about. Hopefully this educates you.
    12-21-09 07:34 PM
    BB doesn't even DO any of those, I have a BB and every app gives me problems at one point or another.

I just want a smartphone that functions well!
    12-21-09 08:50 PM
    Droid has a mini version of Adobe Photoshop available for editing pictures on android market. Just thought id put that out there.
    AND ITS FREE!
    Last edited by freakboy2539; 12-21-09 at 08:53 PM.
    12-21-09 08:50 PM
    I almost had to post this via my wifes droid but the storm finally made it here
    I was gonna say you have to be pretty dedicated to use photoshop on a phone..no way would I do it..I don't even like msg boards on this phone

Droid has a mini version of Adobe Photoshop available for editing pictures on android market. Just thought id put that out there.
    AND ITS FREE!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gizzyman; 12-21-09 at 10:36 PM.
    12-21-09 10:28 PM
    I almost had to post this via my wifes droid but the storm finally made it here
    I was gonna say you have to be pretty dedicated to use photoshop on a phone..no way would I do it..I don't even like msg boards on this phone

Dedicated? What do you mean? It's not as complex as the full version.

12-22-09 11:36 AM
    The trolls are hungry and scrounging for food let them be
    12-22-09 06:40 PM
    The trolls are hungry and scrounging for food let them be
    Hahaha..They are starving! Eating nothing but berries will make you loco!

Droid 2.1 Baby!
    12-22-09 06:43 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD