What excatly is amoled and why is it or is it better? Seems the N1 has that screen but the droid doesn't, yet the droid seems to be a very nice screen, not to say the N1 looks bad, just don't understand what the diff is between the two in regards to screen resolution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 03:36 AM
    amoled yes less energy but it is harder to see the screen in bright sunshine
    01-10-10 09:53 AM
    amoled yes less energy but it is harder to see the screen in bright sunshine

i live in south florida and drive a boat for a living so i think that would be a deal breaker for as im out in the brightass sun almost every day.
    01-10-10 10:14 AM
    OLED is an organic light emitting diode. It doesn't require a back-light as traditional displays do. It saves on the battery by eliminating the back light. It seems people that turn the display brightness up are doing fine in the sun. Without a back-light, you get some gorgeous blacks with the oleds, a far superior technology. The OLED's are shorter lived, and the colors of the diodes can change a bit over time, but this display technology is flexible, as the display can be folded in half, and still run! Give me OLEDS please.

There is a TV out there with oleds (only the rich can afford it for now) but the display is superior.
    01-10-10 10:30 AM
    well im not sure if this will help you but i keep my phone's brightness down all the way all the time and i never have a problem anywhere seeing . bright dark or w.e i know moment;s use the same amoled
    01-10-10 12:13 PM
    Ive never owned a smartphone that you could see in the sun including my Bold 9000, Pearl and now my Nexus One.

However, the Nexus has the most beautiful screen I've ever seen. Just don't point it at the large star at the center of our solar system when using it and you'll be fine.
    01-10-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD