Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So, do you support America, or are you something else? Loving the foreign hardware? I love America, and think that those sticking up for plastic, deserve plastic! Salute!!!!!!! In loving memory of the troops that gave their lives for us to bicker about lameness....
    Last edited by johnly; 06-18-10 at 12:38 PM.
    06-18-10 01:54 AM
    America!!!!
    06-18-10 05:17 AM
    FYI, my Moto Droid was made in China, the Droid X will likely be the same.
    06-18-10 07:14 AM
    FYI, my Moto Droid was made in China, the Droid X will likely be the same.
    EVERYTHING is made in China.
    06-18-10 07:24 AM
    American all the way! But American is shooting itself when it comes to laws and such. China is dirt cheap on labor and they don't have all the pollution laws. Either way at least keep the money American.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 07:32 AM
    I have to say I will buy American when I can. If the product is better I will.
    America first, yeah the probably make it over in China. But at least it is HQ'd
    here. So home first; damn just image if we as massses could all stick together. No Rep no Dem just we the friggin people.
    Besides I think moto makes good product. Nice n durable, hey I had a
    moto q. Two for that matter and both were solid phones.
    06-18-10 08:36 AM
    They make their TVs right here in So. Cal, Santa Ana.
    But all of their components are made elsewhere......
    06-18-10 08:40 AM
    I Just bring up the point that we buy everything from a foreign country. In 1997, Motorola closed its last American plant. Now they are in India, and elsewhere. I love American products, but they are so hard to find. (unless I look)

I worked in a shipping plant (machinery movers, not ups) and I remember the overseas boom. Every company around here was moving overseas, and paying us to crane, and crate their goods. I was busy for 4 years near the metro area moving companies overseas. I moved over 100 plants. Motorola was founded in the USA, and still employs white collar workers here (more than HTC, lol) but it isn't like it used to be.

Vizio is truly good stuff, but half of it is made outside America, and people don't associate American products with quality due to commercial advertisements. I am guilty of buying the best product I can, and never consider where it is manufactured.

The truth is, there are still plenty of good technology plants manufacturing products in the USA. I just googled "still made in the USA" and yes, not everything is made in China.

No wonder China/Taiwan/Japan/Korea are building everything. We are buying from them, but I can assure you, they are NOT buying from us.
    06-18-10 09:34 AM
    I Just bring up the point that we buy everything from a foreign country. In 1997, Motorola closed its last American plant. Now they are in India, and elsewhere. I love American products, but they are so hard to find. (unless I look)

I worked in a shipping plant (machinery movers, not ups) and I remember the overseas boom. Every company around here was moving overseas, and paying us to crane, and crate their goods. I was busy for 4 years near the metro area moving companies overseas. I moved over 100 plants. Motorola was founded in the USA, and still employs white collar workers here (more than HTC, lol) but it isn't like it used to be.

Vizio is truly good stuff, but half of it is made outside America, and people don't associate American products with quality due to commercial advertisements. I am guilty of buying the best product I can, and never consider where it is manufactured.

The truth is, there are still plenty of good technology plants manufacturing products in the USA. I just googled "still made in the USA" and yes, not everything is made in China.

No wonder China/Taiwan/Japan/Korea are building everything. We are buying from them, but I can assure you, they are NOT buying from us.
    nicely put
    06-18-10 09:50 AM
    i'd wager that a large portion of materials and assembly of moto products (and pretty much every other tech/electronic outfit headquartered in the USA) is sourced from other countries. the "buy American" mantra holds less and less meaning (and is even hypocritical at times) because those companies hardly buy American or create jobs here themselves. it's not all their fault because it's just cheaper to do most of these things offshore. however, most consumers won't and don't sacrifice what they want in a product just to support American companies. people will buy the best product for them regardless of where it is manufactured.

i'm all for supporting home base, however i'd also like to see that reciprocated by these American companies that want us to "buy American".

in terms of smart phones, this whole forum was created to support products from a Canadian company. would i buy a motorola phone over an htc phone just because of where the company is headquartered? nope. nor do i care if it's made of American steel or Taiwanese plastic, each of those materials have their own merits. i just want a nice smart phone that has the features, performance, and form factor i like on the carrier of my preference.

and even then, if you choose an htc phone over a moto phone you're still supporting an American company because it's running google software.

America, f*** yeah!
    06-18-10 11:41 AM
    Isn't jungle monkey a racist term???
    06-18-10 11:43 AM
    In the beginning God made the heavens and earth. Everything else was made in China...
    06-18-10 11:46 AM
    Isn't jungle monkey a racist term???
    No, it is what it is But I re-worded the post anyway, as that is the last thing I am. No one should feel like there are racist terms floating here
    06-18-10 12:41 PM
    I think that with the economies going global, less and less is produced soley in one place/country. Even complete assembly of an item in one place, good chance that the raw materials come from somewhere else.
    06-18-10 12:55 PM
    i'd wager that a large portion of materials and assembly of moto products (and pretty much every other tech/electronic outfit headquartered in the USA) is sourced from other countries. the "buy American" mantra holds less and less meaning (and is even hypocritical at times) because those companies hardly buy American or create jobs here themselves. it's not all their fault because it's just cheaper to do most of these things offshore. however, most consumers won't and don't sacrifice what they want in a product just to support American companies. people will buy the best product for them regardless of where it is manufactured.

i'm all for supporting home base, however i'd also like to see that reciprocated by these American companies that want us to "buy American".

in terms of smart phones, this whole forum was created to support products from a Canadian company. would i buy a motorola phone over an htc phone just because of where the company is headquartered? nope. nor do i care if it's made of American steel or Taiwanese plastic, each of those materials have their own merits. i just want a nice smart phone that has the features, performance, and form factor i like on the carrier of my preference.

and even then, if you choose an htc phone over a moto phone you're still supporting an American company because it's running google software.

America, f*** yeah!
    That is a very good point. One day I went shopping and told myself I wasn't buying anything unless it was stamped "made in the USA" I got what I need, and yes, everything I bought that day was American made, but it took forever pilfering through the Taiwan/China stuff. I think 75% of what is for sale here is from those two countries. Made in India is becoming more common now too, haven't you noticed? Our good old government helped to run off all the manufacturing plants, and most of those plants had to move or die because the cost of production became ridiculous here.
    06-18-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD