Those on BB that are making the switch to Android be sure to download on your PC the Amazon market and then you can get it on your smart phone. Daily free app is a great tool of Amazon and I have gotten many apps that would had cost otherwise.
    Just thought it is worth sharing.........don't know if everyone knows about it or not, but those on Android Central do. It is cool having a free app everyday if it is an app you are interested in.
    09-17-11 09:09 PM
    It's pure gold. Every now and then, they have some great picks. I believe today's free app is a printing app worth $12!

I have also picked up a few other nice ones, like Business Calendar Pro and App 2 SD Premium.

Plus, they allow you to use one purchase on multiple devices concurrently. If, like me, you have a multiple Android household, this is great.

Only drawback is the Appstore must remain installed on device for apps to work, but it is worth it IMHO.
    09-17-11 09:21 PM
    I have the business calendar too. Its like getting a birthday present daily LOL
    09-18-11 12:45 AM
    It's pure gold. Every now and then, they have some great picks. I believe today's free app is a printing app worth $12!

I have also picked up a few other nice ones, like Business Calendar Pro and App 2 SD Premium.

Plus, they allow you to use one purchase on multiple devices concurrently. If, like me, you have a multiple Android household, this is great.

Only drawback is the Appstore must remain installed on device for apps to work, but it is worth it IMHO.
    What separates Business Calendar Pro, from the rest, like Jorte? Same goes for app2sd premium?

Sent via Gingerbread Inc Deck
    09-18-11 01:15 AM
    The PrinterShare mobile app is a total win. I have it on both my Thrive tablets and the ThunderBolt and i use it with a Mobile battery powered Bluetooth printer. I hope everyone who didn't already have it was able to get it yesterday from Amazon!
    09-18-11 03:03 AM
    What separates Business Calendar Pro, from the rest, like Jorte? Same goes for app2sd premium?

Sent via Gingerbread Inc Deck
    Biz Calendar Pro is not that different from Jorte... I liked the widgets. The free version of quote functional.

App 2 SD same as the free version minus the ads.
    09-18-11 06:11 AM
    This is the best app I have downloaded so many paid apps for free!
    09-18-11 06:26 AM
    I want to love the amazon market, but they charged me for something they advertised as free. Not the only time Amazon screwed me over, but it's already planted a bad seed in my mind. As of right now, Amazon has no presence (sans business reasons) in my life.
    09-18-11 10:13 AM
    I love free stuff!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 11:53 AM
    Yes the amazon market is nice...but one thing I love and hate about it at the same time is that it saves all your apps in your history...free and purchased. Nice if you need to reinstall, but a pain for dumb ones you download on a whim and then decide you'll never use again.

Those on BB that are making the switch to Android be sure to download on your PC the Amazon market and then you can get it on your smart phone. Daily free app is a great tool of Amazon and I have gotten many apps that would had cost otherwise.
    Just thought it is worth sharing.........don't know if everyone knows about it or not, but those on Android Central do. It is cool having a free app everyday if it is an app you are interested in.
    09-18-11 08:39 PM
    I missed the printing app. Do they ever repeat free apps?
    09-18-11 08:41 PM
    Not sure...haven't seen any repeats that I recall. Every morning as part of my "decompression" techniqueafter the alarm goes off I check the amazon market for the free app. If I think I'll use it down the road (as was the case with the printing app) I get it.

Chrisy likes this.
    09-18-11 08:45 PM
    No, I have never seen them repeat apps either. I, too, check apps every morning. I have 157 free apps from Amazon.

There are some good ones. Currently, I have only two installed: Business Calendar Pro and Widget locker (WL isn't free, but there is a sale at Amazon, so it is 50% off currently).
    09-18-11 10:17 PM
    I love the Amazon Appstore the best apps I got so far are

Business Calendar $4.99
    Plants Vs. Zombies $2.49
    Application Folder Pro $1.50
    Swiftkey X $3.99
    Flex T9 Keyboard $4.99

all free
    Last edited by JD914; 09-18-11 at 10:47 PM.
    09-18-11 10:39 PM
    No, I have never seen them repeat apps either. I, too, check apps every morning. I have 157 free apps from Amazon.

There are some good ones. Currently, I have only two installed: Business Calendar Pro and Widget locker (WL isn't free, but there is a sale at Amazon, so it is 50% off currently).
    Got business calendar when it was free, paid full price for widget locker; but its that good, I'd do it again if I had to. Love being able to pull down the notification bar without unlocking the screen.

09-18-11 11:03 PM
    I've never seen them repeat.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 09:08 AM
    What is the trick to getting this to work on your phone? I have a mytouch4g and have the Amazon app store installed and the free Amazon app downloaded and keeps saying I need the store app, which I do. ....weird.

09-19-11 02:56 PM
    What is the trick to getting this to work on your phone? I have a mytouch4g and have the Amazon app store installed and the free Amazon app downloaded and keeps saying I need the store app, which I do. ....weird.

Go to this Amazon Page and input your email or cell number, whichever you prefer. It will send you a link to download the actual Amazon Android Appstore, which is different than the actual Amazon Store App. While it is downloading, go to Settings > Applications > and check the box for "Unknown Sources". This will allow the Amazon appstore app to install on your phone.

Once download and installation is complete, sign in with your Amazon ID, and you should be good to go. Hope that helps.

Edit: After re-reading your post, I'm asking myself if maybe you already did all that...if so, maybe try unistalling and re-installing? Those are the steps I've followed for numerous devices and have never had a problem...no "trick", as it were. It always worked flawlessly.
    Last edited by john_v; 09-19-11 at 03:18 PM.
    09-19-11 03:11 PM
    About the only real bug is that the new app of the day goes live at midnight Pacific time (or 3am eastern), but the price adjustment takes like another 30 minutes or so before you can actually get the app for free. Most of the complaints about free apps not being free are from people trying to get the app before the price change happens.

There have been quite a number of good deals through Amazon. Definitely worth checking out.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-19-11 07:57 PM
    About the only real bug is that the new app of the day goes live at midnight Pacific time (or 3am eastern), but the price adjustment takes like another 30 minutes or so before you can actually get the app for free. Most of the complaints about free apps not being free are from people trying to get the app before the price change happens.

There have been quite a number of good deals through Amazon. Definitely worth checking out.
    I'll take this into consideration when I actually think about trying the app, again.
    09-20-11 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD