So I just picked up my BB curve today after putting it on the shelf a few months ago when I got my Droid. I must say that once I charged up the battery, waited forever for it to start up and started playing with it I almost felt like it was a dumb phone. The droid is SO much more advanced then the BB. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to upgrade AND I'm glad I picked the Droid over the Tour that I originally wanted.

The only real thing I miss is how I can see if someone received a message I sent in BB messenger. If Google Talk had that option then there would be nothing I miss about the BB.

It is so nice not needing to constantly close apps and do a QP to the phone every day.
    10-21-10 02:07 PM
    Imagine all the time you've saved not waiting 4.5 minutes for a reboot every time you install or uninstall an application.
    10-21-10 03:43 PM
    I came from a Tour to the Droid 2, and I'm feeling the same way about making the switch. I'm not missing anything about the BB. Gtalk needs groups, file transfer, and it would be about perfect, but in the mean time I've had good luck with yahoo messenger for file transfers, etc.
    10-21-10 04:10 PM
    Went from Bold to Droid 2 and can't imagine what I was thinking waiting so long.
    K9 made any email issue a non factor and the sheer speed and power is unbelievable !
    10-21-10 05:33 PM
    I don't know about ya'll, but when I reboot my BB, I'm usually walking somewhere or driving somewhere or doing something, so reboot times don't really bother me because I do something called multitasking.
    10-21-10 06:08 PM
    I don't know about ya'll, but when I reboot my BB, I'm usually walking somewhere or driving somewhere or doing something, so reboot times don't really bother me because I do something called multitasking.
    Us all are now using an android phone so we don't have to worry about rebooting anymore
    10-21-10 06:13 PM
    I will always have love for the BlackBerry, but my Droid 2 just does everything I wanted my BB to do and more. It's amazing...
    10-21-10 07:03 PM
    What's a reboot?
    10-21-10 07:17 PM
    How is the keyboard of the new Droid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 07:27 PM
    I can't see why anyone wanting a blackberry after using a Android device! Blackberry is so far behind the eight ball any more it's a joke.
    10-21-10 07:42 PM
    How is the keyboard of the new Droid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is a definite improvement from the original Droid keyboard. I still like Tour's keyboard a bit better but this is definitely usable.
    10-21-10 08:08 PM
    I never really got the chance to choose/plan when I rebooted my Tour. It would have to happen to solve its' random bouts of super-lag which would come in unpredictable bursts, usually at inconvenient times like the middle of conversations, trying to look something up on the "browser", or some equally frustrating time. My original Tour took up to 16 minutes to get to the lock screen after a battery pull and a couple minutes beyond logging in before it finally allowed me to accomplish anything. About 12 min + 2 for the refurb.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-21-10 at 08:16 PM.
    10-21-10 08:13 PM
    I wish I would have switched to Android sooner. I have no regrets switching from Blackberry. I loved my Pearl, but my G2 surpasses by leaps and bounds. I love the fact that I no longer need my PC other than to sync Doubletwist. Other than that, Android fills my needs. I love having Swype on my device. I can Swype faster than I can type on the physical keyboard. Yes, Swype has predictive text, which I always turned off on my Blackberrys. I've found that Swype's predictive text to be more accurate than anything from RIM.
    10-22-10 07:26 AM
    Lol, you probably have enough time to do your laundry.
    10-22-10 12:15 PM
    I love having Swype on my device. I can Swype faster than I can type on the physical keyboard. Yes, Swype has predictive text, which I always turned off on my Blackberrys. I've found that Swype's predictive text to be more accurate than anything from RIM.
    Swype is awesome!!!
    10-22-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD