The automatic away for google talk can be changed in settings within the app...it defaults to say away once the screen is turned off. Try disabling that function and it should show available unless you change your status manually or log off
    11-18-09 01:43 PM
    The automatic away for google talk can be changed in settings within the app...it defaults to say away once the screen is turned off. Try disabling that function and it should show available unless you change your status manually or log off
    Thank you
    11-18-09 02:15 PM
    I realize this but even with this option disabled it still shows away for my status even when I'm talking to someone. It's a well known issue.
    11-18-09 04:20 PM
    I just figured out something on the copy and paste. With the keyboard slid out once you've coppied some text and you want to paste it somewhere, hit the menu key (the 4 lines on the bottom right) and v, and it will paste.

I do hope they update a the copy and past with the software do out in december, but at least it's usable for me now. They need to make the dpad usable for it so you can get small areas. The d-pad needs to be good for something i've never used it once.
    11-18-09 04:57 PM
    people love to pick on you ive noticed.
    11-18-09 05:51 PM
    i guess ill add my two cents...

Thing i really like is the calendar. the only reason is that i downloaded the pure calendar widget. It costs a buck, but its like having my old today screen on my BB and then some. It really gives alot of options, so check it out. If you dont like it, return it.

As for GPS issues, i will say the program needs a bit of work. But hey its in beta and its free so it will do. the options it has are great, but seems they missed some simple stuff like recent locations. Messing with it in the car sometimes i cancel out by accident and then i have to search all over again, which sometimes is easy and sometimes not so much.

I do agree there is a lot of bloat ware and would like the tray to be customizable, but im sure that will come soon enough.

Also, anyone having a problem not getting their facebook notifications?

O one last thing about the calendar...i love that it actually works. When i had a BB i had to bypass gmail calendar and just sync from bb to my computer because somewhere in there it would always get messed up with fullday events and time etc. Now calendar is always synced correctly and i have google calendar sync sync my gmail to my desktop and it is working flawlessly.
    11-18-09 06:29 PM
    Here area few of my complaints. There is no way to close the browswer when finished or at least get back to your homepage. Its frustrating everytime I open my browser its still on the website I previously visited.

For some reason I lost all notifications unless I put it on default ringtone. Droid fails when it comes to sound profiles, bedside, and file management. But like any other phone you have to figure it out. Its probably user error.
    11-18-09 06:39 PM
    Panda Home
    I installed the latest version of this app and couldn't seem to find the option to hide/arrange icons in the app tray. Did I miss it or did I DL the wrong app?

Edit: never mind I figured it out. You hold down on the homescreen and there's a new option for Panda Home. I was able to hide icons on the app tray plus I have extra home pages. Now to figure out what those sidebars are for.
    Last edited by OstrichSak; 11-18-09 at 10:34 PM.
    11-18-09 09:28 PM
    I installed the latest version of this app and couldn't seem to find the option to hide/arrange icons in the app tray. Did I miss it or did I DL the wrong app?

Edit: never mind I figured it out. You hold down on the homescreen and there's a new option for Panda Home. I was able to hide icons on the app tray plus I have extra home pages. Now to figure out what those sidebars are for.
    To put Apps in, unless I totally misunderstood what you're asking.
    11-19-09 08:07 AM
    To put Apps in, unless I totally misunderstood what you're asking.
    I don't understand what you're saying.
    11-19-09 10:52 AM
    The side bars are just for more apps drag them to the home screen > open the side bar then drag the icon onto the side bar. This works good for putting things like direct dial shortcuts.

side note I'm not useing panda right now becouse it was just too "flashy" for me. I want the extra screens and the ability to hide some apps in the app tray, but I like the regular icons and overall look of things the way they are. I did just read that you can use other home replacement themes with panda so I might try that.
    11-19-09 11:22 AM
    The side bars are just for more apps drag them to the home screen > open the side bar then drag the icon onto the side bar. This works good for putting things like direct dial shortcuts.

side note I'm not useing panda right now becouse it was just too "flashy" for me. I want the extra screens and the ability to hide some apps in the app tray, but I like the regular icons and overall look of things the way they are. I did just read that you can use other home replacement themes with panda so I might try that.
    dxTop gives you 1 extra screen and uses the original icons, you can change those if you like or keep them. It also give you a screen capture feature and the ability to task kill if you use that.
    11-19-09 11:31 AM

You don't have to use the crazy icons. When you first install it there's a widget on the first menu to the left. The 4th option looks like a window w/an arrow. Toggle this until the app drawer tab looks normal (may be a different color at first) then reset your background image and you're good to go. One of my favorite apps now but a little buggy. I use app manager to create a short cut folder to all my soundboards then I use Panda to hide all their app tray icons to clean things up. Works fine save for when you get 7 or so home pages it starts to get a little glitchy. I may try the previous version since it claims to be more stable.
    11-19-09 11:31 AM
    dxTop gives you 1 extra screen and uses the original icons, you can change those if you like or keep them. It also give you a screen capture feature and the ability to task kill if you use that.
    dxTop isn't free nor does it allow you to hide icons which is a VERY useful function and one of the main reasons I installed it.
    11-19-09 11:34 AM
    Ok sounds good I'll retry it out, I know the devolper is working hard on getting it working good for the droid.
    11-19-09 12:01 PM
    dxTop isn't free nor does it allow you to hide icons which is a VERY useful function and one of the main reasons I installed it.
    You are right and wrong.
    It is not free and it does allow you to hide icons.
    11-19-09 12:04 PM
    How do you hide icons and restore icons with dxtop I have it too. Finally figured out the homescreens layout.
    11-19-09 12:44 PM
    How do you hide icons and restore icons with dxtop I have it too. Finally figured out the homescreens layout.
    Open up the drawer, long press an icon, select hide.
    11-19-09 01:07 PM
    Open up the drawer, long press an icon, select hide.
    I only get the options - app info, locate on market, kill process, and do nothing

nevermind got it.
    11-19-09 01:53 PM
    I only get the options - app info, locate on market, kill process, and do nothing

nevermind got it.
    Think you opened up the right (instead of the left) drawer.
    11-19-09 02:10 PM
    Ok after playing around with panda in the default theme I can now say this program is the shiz!
    11-19-09 02:14 PM
    I don't want it to be my default dialer. The GV app I installed on my BB adds the ability to press the menu key on any contact anywhere (call log, message list, phone book) and SMS or call from GV with one push of a button. Again, I just felt it odd that an add on for a competitor phone offers more functionality than a phone that is powered by Google.
    if you go to a contact's "card" and select the send message icon you're prompted to whether you want to send the message via GV or the messaging app.

Also you can set a shortcut on your desktop to toggle google voice to be used for all calls, international only, ask for every call, or no calls.

oh and you can set GV to be the default action for texting. so these options available to you it is possible to use your google voice number as a "normal" phone number.
    11-19-09 04:19 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD