http://m.androidcentral.com/editoria...ur-dog-only-me

"It's high time we talk about the way we act and represent ourselves, both here at Android Central and across the intertubes. Cruise through any smartphone forums or blog comments, and you'll soon see a common theme. We like to argue, sometimes to the point of acting the fool. I'll admit --I can get a bit snarky, and have probably caused an admin or two more trouble than I should, so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. But I can bet that anytime I'm reading a story about LTE, I'll see people digging about price or downtime. Or if it's about the EVO 3D, I'll read how Sprint's coverage "sucks." I won't even get started on what a T-Mobile-or AT&T-based story turns into. Well, here's a hint: We're all wrong.

We love to interact with you guys (yet sometimes we're so busy we don't have time to), and we get the same questions quite a bit --is X phone better than Y, or should I switch to carrier Z? Well, there is no answer to that. What works best for me, isn't going to work best for you. If that were true, Google would be selling 400,000 copies of the Nexus S per day, and T-Mobile's tiny network would assplode. Yes, I know it has no SD card slot, it's not HSPA+, has no notification light, and is made of "cheap feeling" plastic. But I don't care --it's what I like. Just like you enjoy your Evo 4G on Sprint. Or your Thunderbolt on Verizon, or your Atrix 4G on AT&T. Different strokes for different folks and all that. We're lucky here because we get to play with a lot of new Android phones, and we have all learned just why there are so many different makes and models.

Choice. There's something for everyone, and none of the choices are wrong. In fact, maybe none of the Android choices are for you, and that's OK. My point is, I can't decide what works best for you --whether it be the best network, the best phone, or the best tablet. We're here to guide as best we can with device reviews, talk about apps, and even news about bugs and problems, but in the end you'll figure out what seems best for you, and that's what counts. So rock that Backflip or Droid Charge with pride, it's all good."

Grear editorial from AC. I figured is post it here as it is just as relevant here.
    howarmat and Itzdatdude like this.
    07-24-11 03:12 PM
    Good read.

I can't stand the constant "what device should I buy" or the "help me choose" threads. Go out and try the damn device for yourself and form your own opinion. If you need help with the device when you get it, fine, but don't ask me to make a decision for you because I don't care what you get, it's not my money.

Then the debates that turn into a trolling thread are just a whole other issue...
    Itzdatdude and K Bear like this.
    07-24-11 04:38 PM
    The first problem with the "what should I buy" and "help me choose" threads is that unless you are asking someone who lives where you live and works where you work and has the same expectations of the phone as you have, then whatever answer they may give you is irrelevant. The second problem is, most people asking the question are wanting to know what phone to buy. The more important question is, "what carrier has the best service where I need it?" You can only find that out by trying different models and carriers. And again, you have to answer the question for yourself. Joe with Verizon and Jack with Sprint and John with T-Mobile may all have great service and have a good relationship with their carriers, but you can't necessarily extrapolate from their experience to yours.
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    07-24-11 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD