Hi guys. I have been a lurker for a long time and love this site. I'm kinda torn on which phone to get next. I'm with Big Red now and have a BB Curve 8330 and don't have a contract at all. This phone is pretty much at its EoL. I really like BB a lot but there are some really nice Android phones coming out. The two in particular are the Samsung Galaxy S and the EVO. I love having a multi-media phone that can do a lot of stuff. Also I have never had a touch screenboard before. But I'm looking for some help/advice in determining which phone to get. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 12:11 PM
    Personally, a big reason I'm getting the Bold whenever it comes out is the physical keyboard. Typing by feel on touchscreen phones during class or while driving isn't gonna cut it.
    05-16-10 12:21 PM
    You cant really compare the Droid devices with the Bold 9650 fairly. The 9650 is designed more for corporate/business use. It's going to be reliable, secure, user friendly and will have excellent scheduling features. The Droid devices are designed for both consumer & business use. It will have rich multimedia options, more diversity of apps, more customizable menu/device/UI options and at the same time...it will have excellent scheduling features.
    05-16-10 12:33 PM
    You cant really compare the Droid devices with the Bold 9650 fairly. The 9650 is designed more for corporate/business use. It's going to be reliable, secure, user friendly and will have excellent scheduling features. The Droid devices are designed for both consumer & business use. It will have rich multimedia options, more diversity of apps, more customizable menu/device/UI options and at the same time...it will have excellent scheduling features.
    Agreed. EVO will kick Bold's **** in most areas concerning processing speed, memory, screen definition/resolution, app availability, browser, etc.

Bold's advantages are RIM's stability/reliability, business compatibility (e-mail/calendaring/scheduling) and physical keyboard.

I'm a Blackberry user strictly related to business need. I can either run a Blackberry formally supported by my IT organization, iPhone not supported but easy to work around with MS Exchange support, or Android based phones where I get work e-mail for the cost of a $30 App but no access to my corporate address book/contacts (important to me).

I've decided iPhone is to restrictive (no flash) and expensive - especially the AT&T exclusive plans. My 2 line family plan on Sprint is about $40 less per month than what i'd pay AT&T.

If it weren't for work, I'd be getting the EVO 4G in three weeks instead of having just ordered the Bold.
    05-16-10 12:46 PM
    Yep! I will have an Evo on my primary line and I'll keep a BB on my 2nd line for business purposes. Basically, I'll have my cake and eat it too. Lol
    05-16-10 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD