All,

New to the forums, but have been a long time Blackberry user. I am aware of the potential release of N1 anyday now, but I don't want to wait anymore.

I'm going to get myself a Droid in the next few days, and would like to know the best way to transfer contacts to the new Droid.

Also, how does the 'exchange' program work on the Droid? Is it downloadable in the Android Markets?

Some of you must be wondering why I am making the switch, but to simply put, the Curve 2's build quality is AWFUL.

Thank you all in advance for my newbie questions.
    04-02-10 02:21 PM
    The easiest way to transfer contacts to the Droid is to download and setup Google Sync on your BB. Then when you activate your Droid and sign-in to your Google account on your Droid, your contacts and calendar will sync over automatically.

If you don't want to load the Google Sync app on your BB, you can export your contacts in a .csv file in desktop manager and import them into gmail on your computer. Again, once the file is imported, they will automatically sync to your Droid when you sign-in to your Google account when your Droid is activated.

For exchange email, I've heard that the Touchdown app is the way to go.

I think you are making the right choice in getting the Moto Droid over the Nexus 1. HTC's signal strength and ability to hold a weak signal on the Eris isn't as good on my wife's phone as it is on my Moto Droid. I don't expect the Nexus to be any/much better.
    04-02-10 03:09 PM
    Xliderider,

Thank you for your post.

In regards to the gmail account, my personal mail is @gmail.com, but school e-mail is based off of google platform, but not @gmail.com. Will I need exchange for this?

While the N1 is "cooler," Moto has always been a reliable phone for me. I've read some of the issues with the N1 and HTC, which certainly contributed to my decision on the Droid.

Thanks again.
    04-02-10 03:16 PM
    You will need exchange only if the service is running on an exchange server. Otherwise you will be setting it up as pop3 or imap. You could also forward all your email from your school account to your gmail account. I forward all my Time Warner email to my gmail account to get it instantly.
    04-02-10 03:25 PM
    You will be so much happier with the Droid. Those Curve 2's are horrible. Like a toy almost. Good luck !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 06:33 PM
    I have the curve 2 and also agree that is horrible, the battery life is horrible. I am also thinling about upgrading to a droid...specifically samsung milestone
    04-03-10 07:58 PM
    I don't have too much experience with Samsung phones or any of their products.

Reason I ordered the Droid is because the performance of my previous Moto phones sold me.

I agree the Curve 2 is awful. I don't even mind the battery life or the "toyish" feel, but I've dropped it once, and the frames are already bent, glue undone, etc. Not what I expected from RIM after owning the Curve 1 for 2 years.
    04-03-10 08:05 PM
    I have the curve 2 and also agree that is horrible, the battery life is horrible. I am also thinling about upgrading to a droid...specifically samsung milestone
    What's a samsung milestone? There is a Motorola Milestone, and a Samsung Galaxy S, and a Samsung Moment.
    04-03-10 08:49 PM
    I think he meant the Motorola Milestone.
    04-03-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD