I wrote an article yesterday asking my readers if they would leave their BlackBerry for the Droid. Surprisingly, 52% have said they would! This is madness! Us CrackBerry Addicts must not let this happen! Rise as one and vote that you will keep your BlackBerry!
    10-30-09 05:00 PM
    So you want me to lie to you?

I am truly up in the air right now. I keep hearing that 2010 is going to be a game changer as far as RIM is concerned, but the Droid is a game changer right here right now.

I have already been called a traitor by folk in my office and the little misses.

Oh well, I have until December (unless VZW lets me upgrade early) to figure out what I want. Still not happy about it though.
    10-30-09 05:05 PM
    That poll only has about 100 votes. Let us know what it says when there is about 1000.
    10-30-09 05:05 PM
    You guys know the PC vs Mac commercials? That would be so much better if it was RIM vs All other Smartphones, where RIM is the PC guy... lol That (in my eyes) is the only way those commercials will ever hold any TRUTH.
    10-30-09 05:14 PM
    Let's wait for all the droid phones to be released cough couch htc passion. I bet 75% of BB users will be on droid including myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 05:16 PM
    Let's wait for all the droid phones to be released cough couch htc passion. I bet 75% of BB users will be on droid including myself.

Ummmmmmmmm yep
    Don't forget first time users........
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 10-30-09 at 05:41 PM.
    10-30-09 05:21 PM
    Roed4, by December, we might have more info on the HTC Dragon/Passion.

10-30-09 05:44 PM
    Roed4, by December, we might have more info on the HTC Dragon/Passion.

True, but by December we will also have more info on devices X, Y and Z.

I will see how the Droid is and how the Storm2 is and probably go from there. If the HTC really is all that and 9 bags of chips then I might wait, but I doubt it. I am not a very patient person. lol
    10-30-09 05:56 PM
    So you want me to lie to you?

I am truly up in the air right now. I keep hearing that 2010 is going to be a game changer as far as RIM is concerned, but the Droid is a game changer right here right now.

I have already been called a traitor by folk in my office and the little misses.

Oh well, I have until December (unless VZW lets me upgrade early) to figure out what I want. Still not happy about it though.
    Trai-TOUR.

10-30-09 06:17 PM
    I'll be switching away from the Pearl to the Droid so add me to the list.
    10-30-09 06:34 PM
    I cannot tell a lie. Bye Bye Blackberry. Hola DROID. Yea Haaaaa
    10-30-09 06:42 PM
    I must say after having a hands on experience with both the new droid phones I am definately tempted by them. Tempted to the point that I may switch to one of these devices if RIM does not step it up soon. The droid runs very smooth. I loved how all the apps were intergrated, camera was great. Web browsing was a very very good experience. They were very easy to figure out and use. I don't have anything bad to say about them. Don't get me wrong. I love my blackberry and I tell everyone I can to get one, but these droids are very very nice and before I upgrade I will carefully have to consider my options.

10-30-09 06:52 PM
    I'm out. RIM's blackberry line is almost starting to remind me of Palm's Palm OS Treos. RIM has the business market cornered so I know they aren't going anywhere but if it wasn't for that I'd say they could be the next "palm story". Here's why:

Palm had a huge lead in the old days of smartphones. The treo 600 and 650 were first class smartphones that were top of the line in their day. BUT, Palm never really updated the OS or hardware after the 650(until now with the Pre, but that's a whole new phone more than an update).

Now, you can replace Palm with Blackberry and Treo 600/650 with Pearl/Curve and it that statement still works. Sure the OS has gone from 4.2 up to 4.7 but there haven't really been any significant changes. Same can be said for hardware, sure the Tour is a little more powerful than the 8830 or curve but it's nothing significant.

I know there will be people saying that "it works" and there's no real reason to update anything. I remember the same thing being said back in my early Treo days. And, having just switched over from the 755 to the Tour in July I can say there is honestly nothing HUGELY better about the Blackberry. Aside from multitasking my treo could do everything this could. Palm OS still works it just doesn't look as good as 4.7 or iphone or whatever. Meanwhile Android, WebOS, and, gasp, Windows Mobile(7) are actually making advancements and changing things up. BB OS 5 is also nothing new really(I had threaded sms on my Treo 5 years ago!). There is also much more "revolutionary" hardware(Droid) available with those other OS's.

So bottom line I'm leaving for the Droid and Android and "unlimited" possibilities vs the dead end road that is BlackBerry.
    10-30-09 07:08 PM
    Yeah, count me in. I will swallow my restock fee of the Storm 2 and jumping ship ASAP for the Droid.

Have you noticed that the Storm 2 folks in the other threads have somewhat been silenced since the Storm 2 launch. There is just no interest in the Storm 2. ****, all of my techie friends didn't know Verizon released a new Storm. Is the Storm 2 a failure? No, it's not. Will it outsell the Storm 1, I don't think so at this point. I think when folks go to the Verizon Store and compare the Berries with the new droids, it's game over. It's going to be a sad Friday for Berry lovers. I am also excited to be out of the Storm forums for leaks and such.

Goodbye Blackberry, hello new technology.
    10-30-09 07:20 PM
    I'm out. RIM's blackberry line is almost starting to remind me of Palm's Palm OS Treos. RIM has the business market cornered so I know they aren't going anywhere but if it wasn't for that I'd say they could be the next "palm story". Here's why:

Palm had a huge lead in the old days of smartphones. The treo 600 and 650 were first class smartphones that were top of the line in their day. BUT, Palm never really updated the OS or hardware after the 650(until now with the Pre, but that's a whole new phone more than an update).

Now, you can replace Palm with Blackberry and Treo 600/650 with Pearl/Curve and it that statement still works. Sure the OS has gone from 4.2 up to 4.7 but there haven't really been any significant changes. Same can be said for hardware, sure the Tour is a little more powerful than the 8830 or curve but it's nothing significant.

I know there will be people saying that "it works" and there's no real reason to update anything. I remember the same thing being said back in my early Treo days. And, having just switched over from the 755 to the Tour in July I can say there is honestly nothing HUGELY better about the Blackberry. Aside from multitasking my treo could do everything this could. Palm OS still works it just doesn't look as good as 4.7 or iphone or whatever. Meanwhile Android, WebOS, and, gasp, Windows Mobile(7) are actually making advancements and changing things up. BB OS 5 is also nothing new really(I had threaded sms on my Treo 5 years ago!). There is also much more "revolutionary" hardware(Droid) available with those other OS's.

So bottom line I'm leaving for the Droid and Android and "unlimited" possibilities vs the dead end road that is BlackBerry.

i completely agree with this. when i went from my Treo 650 to a blackberry i was so confused as to why there was no threaded sms, no color coded calendar, and a few other "stock" things that came with my treo in 2003. it's about to be 2010 and RIM just introduced threaded sms...? it didn't even come with a multi alarm till just now...?

RIM needs to make some HUGE HUGE HUGE steps imo. i do love my 8330, but that's also because i haven't found anything else that i'm in love with that actually is a huge leap above it other than screen resolution and a new clock. i had the tmobile g1 which uses adroid and it was a fantastic phone (didn't like shape and had no tmo towers by me so horrible reception) but other than that i'd have loved it! i got used to touch and keyboard with the treo and the g1 shape just didn't work for me. now that i'm up for upgrade we'll see where i go, i just may take a look at that droid.
    10-30-09 08:23 PM
    I'm getting an ADP1 and switching within the week. This curve is great compared to any dumb or feature phone, and I've loved my time with my BB, but Android's just so much better IMO. Plus I hate the storm and want a 3g touch screen phone WITH a keyboard and don't want to wait 3 more years for a BB with one to be out while I have an available upgrade. Android phones are coming out faster with better hardware, better cameras and more options.
    10-30-09 08:40 PM
    Does this mean CB will change their name to the R2D2 Forums?
    10-30-09 09:37 PM
    Bye Bye RIM!
    10-30-09 10:19 PM
    Guilty, i just brought a new HTC hero and i am very happy with the new device, the HTC Sense is so perfect, so sorry RIM.
    10-30-09 11:56 PM
    I am probably keeping my tour and paying full retail for the droid lol. I will keep both. I will just use my tour for international use.
    10-30-09 11:57 PM
    I've been a BB guy for about 5 years. 7520, 7100i, 8703e, 8830, 8310 and now 9530. Tried the Moto Q and then the iPhone in between but kept coming back.

If I like it when I see it it will depend on what VZW lets me do. I bought the S1 on release day so I'm only about a year out. Another option is to add a line. Then I can give my 9 year old daughter the Storm. She has an iPhone for iPod and games only but we've been talking about getting her her own phone service. My wife wants to activate the iPhone with ATT but I think my daughter likes the Storm better.

I won't be waiting in line so there may not be any left when I get there.
    10-30-09 11:58 PM
    ive been a dedicated BB user since the 58xx series phones.... and im jumping ship the only problem is i cant upgrade till march but on my upgrade date ill be getting the Droid....
    10-31-09 10:10 AM
    I (translation: my business) can't afford to jump ship every time something shiny and new floats by. Not just in the cost of the device itself but learning a new process.

Sticking with what I know already works lets me concentrate on more important things.

I could see myself jumping if this thing was for my entertainment, but it's not.

10-31-09 10:16 AM
    I wrote an article yesterday asking my readers if they would leave their BlackBerry for the Droid. Surprisingly, 52% have said they would! This is madness! Us CrackBerry Addicts must not let this happen! Rise as one and vote that you will keep your BlackBerry!
    Whoa. I'm sending this on the RIM's marketing department. A non-random "poll" with 129 votes shows 52% of your "readers" would go to the Droid (which 99.8% of them haven't been closer to than a picture on their computer). I'd be scared. And all this hype about the Droid is so reminiscent of the S2 hype. I'm looking forward to launch day and the hundreds of threads "I can't send email", "How do I use the slider", "I'm running 50 apps and my phone dies after 2 hours!". Should be fun.
    10-31-09 10:21 AM
    I'm getting the droid and if I don't like it I'm dropping it for storm deuce. But after all the research....I think droid gonna stick!
    10-31-09 10:35 AM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD