Since I own both, and Just switched to the Droid for Verizon (not necessarily to have a better phone etc). AT&T just isnt good no matter how you try to play it.

So just a few comparisons on which is better/worse.

Build Quality - Droid - You can take the battery out, and its a solid design.
    Screen - Droid - The screen is twice as good (at least) as the iPhone.
    Sound quality - Droid - This is an actual phone, not a wannabe.
    Speed - iPhone - Everything about the iPhone is faster. Animations, scrolling... everything.
    Speaker - Droid - way louder on speaker phone.
    Core software - Draw - Integration into gmail/Google really evens the playing field as well as free TBT directions!
    Text input - Draw with virtual keyboards. The mechanical keyboard on this phone is going to take some getting used to.
    Apps - iPhone - The apps on the iPhone seem to be more polished at this point. Facebook isnt even workable on the Droid - no inbox or means of sending a message?! Push services really help with chat apps also.
    Ease of use - iPhone - Its pretty dumbed down
    Camera - Droid - hands down far better.

FINAL VERDICT - Droid. Based on the network, features, build quality... its the phone to have for me. The screen itself was a HUGE upgrade. iPhones screen almost looks "dated".

Needless to say I lost nothing really by going to Verizon, and gained a far better network. The gmail sync really did it for me. Its basically mobile me, but free! Loving this phone so far, just need a few apps fixed (facebook, chat apps etc) and the animations need to be snappier.

Any other points you want me to list, let me know (if you have no experience with an iPhone).
    11-10-09 09:47 AM
    I have shown some business partners teh Droid and some friends who all have iphones they are all wanting to switch now just based on teh screen alone.

Then I play HD Movies and they are sold.
    11-10-09 09:49 AM
    I played Dark Knight on my phone and my coworkers were speechless. iPhones screen just pales in comparison.
    11-10-09 10:01 AM
    Seems to me that the DROID is vastly superior to the iPhone from a hardware aspect. All of it's short comings are software related. Lets remember that android is only a year old. So my guess would be after another update to cure some of the software issues (like being slightly sluggish at times) that the DROID will be superior to the iPhone in every category. And this is coming from an Apple fanboy!
    11-10-09 10:14 AM
    I don't actually have the Droid, but from the videos I've seen and from playing with it in the store the scrolling (in the browser at least) is faster on the Droid. I've played with iPhones before, and I have an iTouch. I don't recall it being that much faster/smoother than the Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 10:23 AM
    I think the Verizon network will be the dealbreaker and could make the Droid (followed by the Passion) true iPhone killers within a year. The ATT network has always kind of sucked. People more or less put up with it because they loved the phone. But everywhere I go Vzn is way better and faster than ATT. Last summer a friend could hardly use her iPhone is Phoenix sometimes. Now that Vzn finally has some cutting edge hardware I see good things ahead for them. My wife and I might even go there from Tmobile next year who knows.
    11-10-09 10:49 AM
    Anyone know if a new facebook app is on the way? This one really blows.
    11-10-09 11:03 AM
    I don't actually have the Droid, but from the videos I've seen and from playing with it in the store the scrolling (in the browser at least) is faster on the Droid. I've played with iPhones before, and I have an iTouch. I don't recall it being that much faster/smoother than the Droid.

The Droid definitely scrolls better than my iTouch 2G, which will give you the "checkered" background if you scroll too fast. However, the 3GS is another beast. I would call the scrolling on the Droid and 3GS comparable.

But, holding my Droid next to my Touch just embarrassed the Touch's screen. Gosh, I'm spoiled lol.

Anyone know if a new facebook app is on the way? This one really blows.
    I agree. I like the news feed and how all your friends are always loaded (as opposed to BB having to refresh each time), but so many features are left out. I mean it even sends you to the mobile site if you click on a friend's newly uploaded album! What's up with that?
    11-10-09 11:14 AM
    The speed is true I am not an iPhone fan but the iPhone 3gs killed the Droid with bringing up crackberry. I was very surprised. But the Droid totally massacred the S2. Both had the same amount of bars.

11-10-09 12:39 PM
    The droid surfs the web faster than my 3Gs in most cases.
    11-10-09 12:47 PM
    Put crackbery in both devices and you will see iPhone will win. But don't care I love my Droid. I was just surprised with full bars that Verizon network is slower. I went back antold the Verizon Guy and he told me wait a year. Then Verizon will be quicker because of LTE and 4g

11-10-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD