Your text message history, your phone records, all the information in your address book and more

Nearly 35% of Android Apps Are Secretly Stealing Private Data, Says China's Latest DCCI Report
    03-15-13 05:44 AM
    this should be stickied...
    03-15-13 06:26 AM
    It should be.

China’s awkwardly-named Data Center of China Internet (DCCI) released a new report on Wednesday about Android apps in the country, and things do not look good. The report details DCCI’s findings in an investigation of the top 1400 apps across China’s various Android markets and found that 66.9 percent of the apps were tracking users’ private data, and 34.5 percent of them were doing what DCCI calls “cross-border data tracking”; tracking private data that has no discernable connection to the app’s function and generally not making users aware that it’s happening.
    35%? I find that highly conservative with the app environments listed.
    03-15-13 06:30 AM
    and blackbery shouldent allow these app's how many have u installed to just delete them.

sent from my blackberry 10
    03-15-13 06:44 AM
    lmfao! chinese markets eh
    omniusovermind likes this.
    03-15-13 06:49 AM
    35% now, and getting worse by the year. Google Play....the appstore where u pay with your Privacy :-)
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-15-13 06:52 AM
    To every Android device. I just find it weird that Android gans need full access to personal information.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-13 06:58 AM
    The key words in the story are "Chinese Markets". They don't use Google Play. Malware and such are a big issue over there.

Many of the app issues come from hacked apps that have had the code modified to include the malware. In most cases, it's not the original developer that has posted to those sites.

It shouldn't be an issue for BlackBerry World, mostly due to the level of testing that BlackBerry does, and apps coming from the original developer.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:10 AM
    The key words in the story are "Chinese Markets". They don't use Google Play. Malware and such are a big issue over there.

Many of the app issues come from hacked apps that have had the code modified to include the malware. In most cases, it's not the original developer that has posted to those sites.

It shouldn't be an issue for BlackBerry World, mostly due to the level of testing that BlackBerry does, and apps coming from the original developer.

Posted via CB10
    the only concern is anything that's sideloaded might have some bug in it that sneaks thru,,, the reason i don't do it,,, i've seen here that most people have no issues then there's the ones that have problems w/ their stuff constantly running in background, (why??? am i suspicious, paranoid, or is everyone out to get me??? ), & others that just can't get rid of all the junk left behind after deletion causing memory leaks, etc. (see the aforementioned paranoia)...
    03-15-13 07:31 PM
    Better create and use own apps
    03-15-13 07:47 PM
    i don't remember which ones are android apps, is there a way of knowing? So i can delete them.
    03-15-13 07:55 PM
    i don't remember which ones are android apps, is there a way of knowing? So i can delete them.
    i was told a while back that there is some sort of icon/info bar on the bottom of the screen while in the apps,,, when browsing BBworld i look @ the screenshots & usually they are in them,,, my rule of thumb is no screenshot, no download,,, if i see an icon bar, it won't go on my phone...
    03-17-13 05:14 AM