Currently an Alltel now vzw, HTC Touch Pro2.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, except, even with custom ROMs, is flaky and a pretty needy device. I really have to nurture it to keep it running well and it is a resource HOG. I have two extended seidio batteries and I switch them out about mid-day. (just did it, 10 txt messages and 2 5 minute phone calls and 4 or 5 emails). As of this weekend, the slideout keyboard has just started being flaky and it sticks the screen in the portrait mode regardless of whether the keyboard is in or out.

So being 1 month out of my 1 yr warranty I'm in need of another device.

So, I waffle between wanting JUST A PHONE that will work and is reliable to wanting all the bells/whistles.

it needs to work and I'd like it to not SUCK batteries.

I am considering the 8330 -BB curve
    the BB Tour
    the moto Droid.

I hear the new OS 5.0 fixes some bug issues and also allows threaded sms!
    I also read there is a leaked version/hybrid version that is rock stable for the 8330.

The tour is 3G and but still has not had 5.0 OS released and rumors are it may not in anticipation of the Tour2 or Bold 2 device. I like the Tour for the better screen, camera and speed but don't know anything about the battery life.

Finally the droid: it is the closest to what I am used to in that it is fully customizable and tweakable. I've heard mixed reviews about battery life. I am big txt/email with 2-3 short calls per day but when the come the phone needs to work. something that I haven't been able to say about my HTC.

so...pluses/minuses between the two BBs and the android phone?

Really torn. I can adapt to the BB OS but I really worry that the android will be a repeat of my HTC in that the keyboard will fail and the batteries will be my limiting factor.

HELP. my phone needs to be changed this week

thanks

Shawn

Edit/Delete Message
    02-23-10 01:27 PM
    i would stick with the driod.
    02-23-10 01:36 PM
    NO brainer DROID.
    02-23-10 02:54 PM
    not sure how you're pitting the droid against the tour...especially coming from a tp2. it's like comparing a spoon to a spork.
    02-23-10 03:41 PM
    Nice title... Ya got me!
    02-23-10 05:09 PM
    yep, get the Droid. Tried the Tour out on release day. Took it back after 2.5 weeks. Same old, same old, better screen, but still small. Everything is just 1.5 times smaller, LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD