You must be rooted for this to work.

Froyo Release Thread - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

http://www.androidcentral.com/hey-dr...royo-and-flash

WIFI has now been confirmed to work with this. Definitely downloading this.
    Last edited by fearmychickens; 06-05-10 at 04:06 PM.
    06-05-10 09:54 AM
    Switched from CM 5.0.7.1 to 2.2 and it's nice, especially with Launcher Pro. Everything is zip fast and responsive. Sweeet.
    06-05-10 07:53 PM
    How about doing a quadrant benchmark and posting result?

I downloaded file, unzipped it, and placed in my clockworkmod backup folder. However, I'm at the beach now, so I'm hesitant to load it with 60% battery remaining.
    06-05-10 09:42 PM
    So I'm guessing overclocking isn't possible yet with 2.2, though 2.2 is supposed to be wicked fast stock, correct?

That's why I want to see quadrant benchmarks before I take the leap.
    06-05-10 09:46 PM
    So I'm guessing overclocking isn't possible yet with 2.2, though 2.2 is supposed to be wicked fast stock, correct?

That's why I want to see quadrant benchmarks before I take the leap.
    Nope, you can over-clock froyo now
    06-05-10 09:50 PM
    Wow, saw the crazy quadrant benchmarks zyiro posted in the other thread running froyo. Can't wait to get home and download the oc kernels for froyo.
    06-05-10 10:15 PM
    LOL, I wonder if someone can benchmark their droid to 2000 without breaking it, ha ha. I get 1100 consistently with froyo, and like you said in the benchmark thread, 800mhz is a good over clock number, not to much, but better that 550
    06-06-10 02:20 AM
    Benchmarked at about 1000 on quadrant running froyo at 800mhz.

I almost went back to bugless beast 1.1 because my Droid kept lagging and freezing on 2.2. Rebooted a couple of times and it's pretty smooth and responsive now. Still getting a few FC's now and then, so it's not entirely stable.

Waiting for the black notification bar now.
    06-06-10 05:16 AM
    Wow, saw the crazy quadrant benchmarks zyiro posted in the other thread running froyo. Can't wait to get home and download the oc kernels for froyo.

ill post it here for those that want to see it.

i did not do anything special base 2.2 installed 1200 mhz kernel. then i let the phone sit for about 15 min or so to allow it to finish the sync and install all the apps.

then i set the min/max on set cpu @ 1200 and ran the benchmarks.

if i play with it im sure i could possibly get more then 1700 but this was a benchmark to start with it can only get better

06-06-10 07:29 AM
    06-06-10 09:01 AM
    Benchmarked at about 1000 on quadrant running froyo at 800mhz.

I almost went back to bugless beast 1.1 because my Droid kept lagging and freezing on 2.2. Rebooted a couple of times and it's pretty smooth and responsive now. Still getting a few FC's now and then, so it's not entirely stable.

Waiting for the black notification bar now.
    I am using one of the new Kernals released the true froyo test build! that also fixed the wifi. I am using the mild one at 800, but they go up from there well past 1000. I highly recomend the kernal, I have had zero issues, and a very fast smooth running phone.
    Android 2.2 Kernels Released – Fixes WiFi | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
    Last edited by johnly; 06-06-10 at 10:17 AM.
    06-06-10 09:05 AM
    ill post it here for those that want to see it.

i did not do anything special base 2.2 installed 1200 mhz kernel. then i let the phone sit for about 15 min or so to allow it to finish the sync and install all the apps.

then i set the min/max on set cpu @ 1200 and ran the benchmarks.

if i play with it im sure i could possibly get more then 1700 but this was a benchmark to start with it can only get better

I will stand corrected soon zyiro. Something tells me 2000 can be done
    06-06-10 09:07 AM
    Just an FYI, this is not a port! This is a true Droid Test Build! And there is more to come!
    06-06-10 09:50 AM
    Just an FYI, this is not a port! This is a true Droid Test Build! And there is more to come!
    Thank you. I had to fight off the nexus one peeps on twitter yesterday for saying it was a port. They say we're stealing.
    06-06-10 10:23 AM
    Thank you. I had to fight off the nexus one peeps on twitter yesterday for saying it was a port. They say we're stealing.

there just jealous that the droid out performs the N1 in every way.
    06-06-10 11:27 AM
    I've used Google and the search here and there's a MILLION hits.. so I'll just ask.. Anyone want to share a link they have to root my Moto Droid 2.1 so I can get this setup?

Thanks!
    06-06-10 11:36 AM
    there just jealous that the droid out performs the N1 in every way.
    I wouldn't say outperform but the Droid is just as good, if not better than the N1.

Either way, these two phones will get updates faster than any other Android phone on the market. So we can laugh at all the Incredible and EVO users that are still on 2.1.
    06-06-10 11:41 AM
    I've used Google and the search here and there's a MILLION hits.. so I'll just ask.. Anyone want to share a link they have to root my Moto Droid 2.1 so I can get this setup?

Thanks!
    n/m.. found this Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog and will give it a shot!
    06-06-10 11:55 AM
    I am using one of the new Kernals released the true froyo test build! that also fixed the wifi. I am using the mild one at 800, but they go up from there well past 1000. I highly recomend the kernal, I have had zero issues, and a very fast smooth running phone.
    Android 2.2 Kernels Released – Fixes WiFi | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
    That's the kernel I'm using. No one else experienced the lagging and freezing after loading Froyo? I think it had something to do with the sync taking place. I had some instances where the bottom soft touch LEDs would light up, and the screen would become totally unresponsive. As I said though, everything is ok now.

Just read on HoFo that BT voicedialing is working on Froyo. Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-06-10 at 02:06 PM.
    06-06-10 01:58 PM
    That's the kernel I'm using. No one else experienced the lagging and freezing after loading Froyo? I think it had something to do with the sync taking place. I had some instances where the bottom soft touch LEDs would light up, and the screen would become totally unresponsive. As I said though, everything is ok now.

Just read on HoFo that BT voicedialing is working on Froyo. Can anyone confirm this?
    Come to think of it, I got busy and walked away from the froyo boot. I have been reading that you are right, and the thing to do is be patient and let everything settle...you are running smooth? Good. I heard BT voice dialing is indeed working too. I am impressed by how fast, and smooth it runs. My apps open in an instant, and the already fast browser, is doubly quick. I found a glitch with maps, as in the marketplace it said I had to download it, so I did and it was unsuccessful, then I seen the google map app was already in my drawer, and so I opened it.....needless to say, it is working great so far, and is doubly fast too Navigation works faster...oh, I am shutting up now.
    Last edited by johnly; 06-06-10 at 03:32 PM.
    06-06-10 03:24 PM
    Went back to Bugless Beast 1.1, Froyo was too laggy for me. Even though the quadrant benchmarks were ridiculous on Froyo, BB 1.1 is more responsive in actual use for me.

No doubt, I will try Froyo if Pete comes out with one. Or I may break down and try the UD froyo rom.
    06-06-10 09:20 PM
    I must post a video of how ridiculously smooth froyo is running on my phone. Zero lag, I haven't tried bugles beast, but I still am convinced the 2.2 ROM runs better, faster, and cooler than the BB 2.1. If you run live wallpapers on froyo at only 800MHz then I could see it lagging a bit for you. I don't run the live wallpapers because they are to busy for me, but I hear if you do, you need to be OC'd at 1 GHz. I can't stand lag, and would revert to 2.1 CM ROM if I had those issues, so I don't blame you
    06-06-10 10:03 PM
    Went back to Bugless Beast 1.1, Froyo was too laggy for me. Even though the quadrant benchmarks were ridiculous on Froyo, BB 1.1 is more responsive in actual use for me.

No doubt, I will try Froyo if Pete comes out with one. Or I may break down and try the UD froyo rom.

Edit: The UD froyo rom was laggy for me as well.
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-07-10 at 03:22 PM.
    06-06-10 10:03 PM
    If you run the live wall papers, you need to crank up the processor to eliminate lag. 800 to 900 is not enough. If you don't run live wallpapers, froyo will run smoking smooth and lag free at 800.
    06-06-10 10:08 PM
    I'm a newbie so this is crazy. After finally final getting it to load it brings back the days of os leaks for the bb
    06-06-10 10:29 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD