Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Apparently Verizon is pushing out a maintenance update for the Motorola Droid and it is rumored to be the 2.1. Cant wait to get this even if I loose root access. It will get rooted sooner or later.
    01-18-10 10:02 PM
    Bringy bringy! I know it is spelled bringy you nitin nanny!
    01-18-10 10:07 PM
    Actually it was a very very minor fix that some people are talking about. it is NOT 2.1
    01-18-10 10:16 PM
    Actually it was a very very minor fix that some people are talking about. it is NOT 2.1
    We were informed in the 2.1 thread that all Android updates on VZW are called MR, even though they are true OS updates.
    01-18-10 10:44 PM
    We were informed in the 2.1 thread that all Android updates on VZW are called MR, even though they are true OS updates.
    Wonder why?? The OS I run is fine
    01-18-10 11:09 PM
    That is not what was said from the nexus one event
    Your source is???
    01-18-10 11:11 PM
    I will take a quote from the thread linked to in the OP.

"To be clear, the forthcoming immediate update is not 2.1, but a precursor to smooth the transition to 2.1 which will follow within the next couple of weeks."
    01-19-10 08:43 AM
    I will take a quote from the thread linked to in the OP.

"To be clear, the forthcoming immediate update is not 2.1, but a precursor to smooth the transition to 2.1 which will follow within the next couple of weeks."

Exactly, This was discussed a few days ago on other forums. Droid owners have received updates an did not notice any difference. This is because it is a patch to make the true 2.1 update smooth. The updates they received are still 2.0.1
    01-19-10 08:47 AM
    We were expecting an update to happen this week beginning on January 22nd but folks its arriving early! Verizon is pushing out a 61.4 MB maintenance release today ahead of schedule that should get users excited for whats soon to come. We haven't seen reports of the version / build number change, although we believe there is still something going on behind the scenes and soon, that will update to 2.0.1 ESD59.

Our sources have indicated Android 2.1 has passed all internal testing on the Droid and a target is to have all Droids updated before the end of the month. This patch had added some minor fixes and preps the phone for a smooth Android 2.1 RELEASE. To be clear, the forthcoming immediate update is not 2.1, but a precursor to smooth the transition to 2.1 which will follow within the next couple of weeks. Stay Tuned, more details to come!

Check out the discussion already in progress here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...e-morning.html
    01-19-10 08:49 AM
    Your lack of reading comprehension makes you look like stupid.

Read better next time. Verizon lists all of their Android updates as MR, whether bugfixes, or new OS builds.
    01-19-10 02:24 PM
    Your lack of reading comprehension makes you look like stupid.

Read better next time. Verizon lists all of their Android updates as MR, whether bugfixes, or new OS builds.
    I am confused, since Smeantics was being sarcastic towards the post he quoted, isn't he essentially saying that?
    01-19-10 02:26 PM
    No.

If you read the original thread (which was yours), you will understand why he is being sarcastic.

Edit:

Look at the time stamps from his reply here, and there (post 15).

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/2-...6/#post4518770

He is just being a j erk as usual.
    Last edited by adrynalyne; 01-19-10 at 02:34 PM.
    01-19-10 02:29 PM
    hmm lose root access and upgrade to 2.1 or wait and upgrade? hmmm
    01-19-10 05:25 PM
    I suggest you wait lol, a patched version of the official 2.1 will probably be up within 24 hours of the update being leaked.
    01-19-10 07:08 PM
    i'm guessing that nothing has been pushed yet
    01-20-10 06:58 PM
    i'm guessing that nothing has been pushed yet
    Nope, from what I here it was only an update to fix the Facebook download error people where having. My wife's phone isn't rooted and she still hasn't gotten the update. Some people are saying it is an update to prepare the phone for 2.1. I don't know what to say. I guess we have to wait a bit more.
    01-21-10 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD