This morning I was greeted with a notification stating that yahoo messenger was added to the hub. I never installed yahoo messenger, and double checked in play store and my apps. Anyone know how this could happen?

02-22-18 05:56 AM
    I just installed, then uninstalled yahoo messenger. It disappeared from my hub. I have no idea how Google installed it in the first place without me giving it permission, but that's concerning. I guess problem solved for me but it would be interesting to see if others see this happen to them
    02-22-18 06:02 AM
    There was an update to the hub yesterday. Yahoo messenger was added to my hub after the update. Maybe yours auto updated without you knowing it.
    02-22-18 06:19 AM
    There was an update to the hub yesterday. Yahoo messenger was added to my hub after the update. Maybe yours auto updated without you knowing it.
    Thanks for the response. Yes I have auto update set. However - don't have yahoo messenger. So why is it showing in hub?
    02-22-18 06:08 PM
    I don't have it either. I went in to the hub settings and changed the "show in hub" setting to off for Yahoo messenger and now it doesn't show up there. I do have a Yahoo email acct and maybe that's why a tab for Yahoo messenger showed up after the update that now supports Yahoo messenger came through.
    02-22-18 06:30 PM