Anyone have an idea why there was an update for Worldmate. As of March 31st the app is out of the store and it will be shut down later this year. Anyone hear anything that the app may not be shut down totally later this year?
    04-04-17 05:35 PM
    No idea what update you saw. According to Google, App hasn't been updated since Jan 9th.
    04-04-17 07:36 PM
    I just got it too.
    04-04-17 11:58 PM
    I checked and it said the date of the update was January, but it came through yesterday.
    04-05-17 09:36 AM
    Yes, I got it too but decided not to update, I am afraid that some functionality could have been removed... anyone has tried it?
    04-05-17 11:30 AM
    Come on BlackBerry buy this app from them and continue developing it as BlackBerry Travel.
    04-08-17 08:54 AM
    Yes, I got it too but decided not to update, I am afraid that some functionality could have been removed... anyone has tried it?
    So far no loss of functionality. However, first trip is next week.
    04-08-17 04:04 PM
    Come on BlackBerry buy this app from them and continue developing it as BlackBerry Travel.
    No need. TripIt is available.
    04-08-17 04:11 PM
    if you don't mind let us know if you see any negative change... thanks and safe travels!

So far no loss of functionality. However, first trip is next week.
    04-08-17 04:29 PM
    I got tripit and Google trips, tripit is good but some times messes up with email and gets 1 trip divided on 2, but is getting good. Google trips has a nice UI but lacks some features. BlackBerry trips was really good because it was like Worldmate premium but free.
    04-08-17 04:36 PM
    Anyone have an idea why there was an update for Worldmate. As of March 31st the app is out of the store and it will be shut down later this year. Anyone hear anything that the app may not be shut down totally later this year?
    Just found this. Horrible news for those of us who love this app:

"On March 31st the WorldMate app will be removed from the app store and you will no longer be able to download it. Between March 31st 2017 and September 30th 2017, we will do our best to maintain the following Gold services:

*Processing confirmation emails
    *Itinerary viewer
    *Calendar Sync – Gold members
    *Flight Notifications – Gold members

On September 30th, 2017, you will not be able to log in as the app will be discontinued."
    04-09-17 09:39 AM
    if you don't mind let us know if you see any negative change... thanks and safe travels!
    Everything worked perfectly with gate announcements and changes. You would never know it is about to be shut down.
    04-15-17 07:48 AM
    Excellent! Thanks for the follow up... I guess I will update it now, but the main issue will be replace it... I have heard about some options but I liked about this one (and BlackBerry travel before) was the simplicity... let's see... thanks again!

Everything worked perfectly with gate announcements and changes. You would never know it is about to be shut down.
    04-15-17 08:13 AM
    After I regained consciousness following reading the bad news I did some research and downloaded Tripit. I have been using Worldmate Gold parallel with it. It is actually very good. Very similar to Worldmate and its user interface is even nicer.

I have not purchased the premium features yet for Tripit but I certainly will when Worldmate disappears for good. I miss the feature of manual editing of certain things related to the trip and the extras, such as the currency converter.
    04-15-17 04:18 PM
    After I regained consciousness following reading the bad news I did some research and downloaded Tripit. I have been using Worldmate Gold parallel with it. It is actually very good. Very similar to Worldmate and its user interface is even nicer.

I have not purchased the premium features yet for Tripit but I certainly will when Worldmate disappears for good. I miss the feature of manual editing of certain things related to the trip and the extras, such as the currency converter.
    I doing the same. Using both. So far it's a pretty good "near equivalent".
    04-15-17 05:19 PM
    Well, you guys have convinced me... I am downloading tripit now and drive test it in parallel with Worldmate... thanks
    04-15-17 07:49 PM