No update for mashmallow needed! Read the instructions!
    I did my update last night and everything works fine. Just try a reboot! If that does not work...too bad!

As soon as there is an update, Cobalt will provide us with the new apk!
    04-04-16 02:32 PM
    Droid Turbo
    Android 6.0 with March Security Patches

Went ahead and did a Factory Reset....
    Installed Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager and with it installed all the BlackBerry Android Apps that I wanted to use.

Went into Settings > Security > Device Administrators > Allowed BlackBerry Launcher

Went into Settings > Apps > I disabled most all of the Verizon apps, along with the apps that are duplicates of the BlackBerry versions... email, contacts, calendar.....

Went into Settings > Apps > went to each of the BlackBerry Apps and marked all their permissions as enabled... when installed it allows some permissions, but I went through the all and enabled any permissions that were not enabled.

No more crashes with BlackBerry Services.....

Thanks Cobalt!
    04-04-16 03:42 PM
    i have deleted sms in hub but it does not delete the sms in messager app. any idea?

nexus 5 with marshmallow
    04-04-16 08:13 PM
    Has been asked million times - normal behavior!!!
    04-05-16 12:53 AM
    Is it why it shows invalid recipients in the hub when you try to open a text message sent from bulk sms ?
    04-05-16 04:54 AM
    Have you checked cobalt's BlackBerry manager for the update or you might want to update the manager itself before checking
    04-05-16 04:58 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

Any change that you get the beta 6.0 Priv? This way most probably all the apps will also be updated?
    04-05-16 05:03 AM
    I am using the BBM from Cobalt's manager and my Glympse is working perfectly
    04-05-16 05:19 AM
    Anyone has idea to fix "BlackBerry Service has stopped working" pop up on Android 6.0 Marshmallow?
    04-05-16 07:34 AM
    You did not grant all permissions. Read the instructions in BlackBerry manager and in the first post of this thread.
    04-05-16 07:40 AM

I Like rencent apps screen active frame such as BlackBerry 10.
    04-05-16 07:40 AM
    You did not grant all permissions. Read the instructions in BlackBerry manager and in the first post of this thread.
    Grant all permission and the pop up will not appear? I try to do it. thank you
    04-05-16 07:42 AM
    After using BlackBerry devices over the past 13 years, I just dumped my Z30 for the S7 edge last night.

I followed the instructions on the first post and have my SamBerry working nicely.

Love the Hub integration!
    Thanks Cobalt!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-05-16 10:15 AM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/...?itok=ALaCwKjB
    I Like rencent apps screen active frame such as BlackBerry 10.
    How did you change that? I have used the priv theme but my recent app is still roll deck.
    04-05-16 10:28 AM
    After using BlackBerry devices over the past 13 years, I just dumped my Z30 for the S7 edge last night.

I followed the instructions on the first post and have my SamBerry working nicely.

Thanks Cobalt!

SamBerry! Cool!
    04-05-16 11:07 AM
    Everything works flawlessly, except if I remove the sync from the default calendar, all entries disappear from the BB calendar as well. I also cannot get the BB contacts to set as default.

Galaxy S7 Edge !!
    04-05-16 11:56 AM
    How did you change that? I have used the priv theme but my recent app is still roll deck.
    It's a feature on PRIV, other android phones dont have recent app like active frame. I post it because I think someone can port it for android.
    04-05-16 12:47 PM
    Everything works flawlessly, except if I remove the sync from the default calendar, all entries disappear from the BB calendar as well. I also cannot get the BB contacts to set as default.

Galaxy S7 Edge !!
    I'm gonna do the same with a nexus...so NexBerry :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 01:00 PM
    Or a SamBerry....love that !!

From me to you
    04-05-16 01:19 PM
    I'd like to know how to tile tlike BB10 as well, not a fan of the fanned apps open screen that android uses...update for the Samsung S6 at least there is no option to do this, Samsung has chosen to only use rolodex version....BOOOO
    Last edited by rockivy; 04-05-16 at 02:30 PM.
    04-05-16 01:53 PM
    Will this Work on KitKat and lower Lollipop version?
    04-05-16 02:36 PM
    Android 5.1 or better is required (that's the version that the BlackBerry priv has).

With lower versions you either get a parsing error during installation or the apps don't run stable.
    04-05-16 03:03 PM

Thanks Cobalt!

SamBerry yeah I have everything installed as well on my S7E and this is my wallpaper for the home and locked screen #bb4life but I think that I will call mine SamBerry going forward

Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-crackberry-image-2-_edit.jpg  
    04-05-16 03:24 PM
    I've been running the apps on 5.0 for a few weeks now with minor problems the biggest of which was:
    1. Had to replace the app drawer with an app because BB Launcher failed every time it was pressed.

Now, as of early this morning I have a much bigger issue. EAS accounts have stopped syncing. Google and Yahoo are both fine. I can send mail using exchange accounts, but can't receive it. I have two accounts (non-BES work, and outlook.com) and both stopped syncing at the same time - around midnight this morning. I've uninstalled all BB apps and reinstalled. I can do the initial sync when setting up the account, but after that no mail comes in.

I realize 5.0 isn't supported, but wondering if anyone else is seeing the same.
    04-05-16 03:52 PM
    I have been wanting my BlackBerry keyboard back since I moved from my Passport OG, to the Nexus 6P. I've been running Cobalt 's patches for googly goodness on the Passport, so I trusted that this would work like a charm. So far so good. I'm sure that any issues I have are because I don't understand Android, and not because of the patches. Thanks so much! Money on the way!

04-05-16 09:17 PM
6,064 ... 4950515253 ...