For swipe up gestures, I think you would need a gesture app also in addition to just the launcher. I use Swipe Home Button from google play and it gets you pretty close to the original PlayBook and BlackBerry10 swipe up gesture functions.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    Last edited by spARTacus; 01-27-16 at 09:58 PM.
    01-27-16 09:46 PM
    Ok got all asks installed on S6 edge. Hub working. Kybrd. Calendar. Contacts. Terrific. Game changer for me. The only thing I am not sure I have working is the launcher. Aren't you supposed to be able to swipe up to access apps of your choice? Doesn't this need to be enabled ? P.S. cannot add BBM to hub either. Is it just me ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Go to launcher settings via go to app drawer / click on settings on thee top right corner. In there you select on pop up widgets...

01-27-16 10:11 PM
    Great work Cobalt . Thank you .
    01-27-16 10:35 PM
    I am also having the same issue. Using moto x play android 6.0...
    When trying to use to BlackBerry launcher it shows the error message all the time.
    Waiting for an update to fix it.

Is it just the launcher for you that causes this problem??
    01-27-16 10:47 PM
    No all the BlackBerry apps cause this issue but when using the launcher the error message shows all the time

01-27-16 10:48 PM
    This is awesome! But I can't seems to get whatsapp to be integrated into hub

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 10:58 PM
    I gotta say cobalt, u da man. I'm still stuck on bb10 for the foreseeable future but I gotta say I funny because we on bb10 busy hackle Google services onto bb10 while ya'll in Android busy hacking BlackBerry services on to ya'll Droid. Lol!

Posted via CB10
    So we even now
    01-27-16 11:00 PM
    It is showing BlackBerry Services unfortunately stopped. Can you post them latest apk released today? It may fix thus issue. I am currently using moto x play android 6.0
    It looks like some Android 6.0 devices are having problems. Please remember that the Priv is running 5.1.1 and that Blackberry may have to update their apps to work correctly on 6.0. I'll set up an emulator running Android 6.0 this weekend and then pull some logs.
    01-28-16 01:53 AM
    Thank you for sharing your work....! Everything works fine with the exception of Blackberry launcher. Every time you hit the app button, Launcher crashes with the "Unfortunately Blackberry Launcher has stopped" note. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S5. Is there a fix around it? Thank you.
    01-28-16 02:05 AM
    Donation sent, you rock man! Thank you for supporting the community as always =)

01-28-16 02:36 AM
    It is showing BlackBerry Services unfortunately stopped. Can you post them latest apk released today? It may fix thus issue. I am currently using moto x play android 6.0
    Disable FC notification in rom settings
    01-28-16 03:52 AM
    Blackberry Universal Search is now available on the first post!
    01-28-16 04:24 AM
    This is awesome! But I can't seems to get whatsapp to be integrated into hub

Posted via CB10
    mine was like that for a few hours and it showed up afterwards.
    01-28-16 06:24 AM
    Will those work on a bb10 device? Lol

Posted via CB10
    No, because the apps require Android 5..0 and Blackberry OS Android runtime is stuck on 4.3.
    01-28-16 07:34 AM
    Hi Cobalt,
    Excellent. I was having Hub withdrawal, although my LG G4 is a great device. Also other little things, like how the BB keyboard can delete "forward" with the backspace if you get to the beginning of a line, since my fat fingers can't always position a cursor at the start of a line to delete from that point... etc.
    I got the "Now Gesture Tweaks" app which replaced the swipe up gesture from google search to Hub, and now I feel like the world is in balance once more.
    i tried BB Home, but it spaced icons and folders out too far for me, so I went back to the G4's native Home, but all is good there.

One problem though - at least on the LG G4 - Contacts is installed, but it won't open the BB contact app (except for a few seconds the first time I opened it). It always reverts to the Stock Contacts app. Any ideas?
    01-28-16 07:43 AM
    Hi Cobalt, my calendar force close while changing Week to Month view.
    01-28-16 07:46 AM
    I'm on an iPhone 6S Plus now, but sent a small donation. The CrackBerry community is so much more engaged and interesting than the iMore community so I want to see it keep going strong and stay a part of it even if I can't buy a BlackBerry (Verizon user here). Great work Cobalt!
    illitero likes this.
    01-28-16 08:06 AM

One problem though - at least on the LG G4 - Contacts is installed, but it won't open the BB contact app (except for a few seconds the first time I opened it). It always reverts to the Stock Contacts app. Any ideas?
    Try restarting the device. I had that issue too and thought I was crazy but since rebooting it hasn't happened.
    How's battery usage on your G4 with these apps installed? I installed all but launcher and am noticing some degraded battery performance. This could just be coincidental as it is only day 1 but I wondered with having the bb services that it may cause an impact.

The keyboard is a serious improvement over the initial non-root release. This is so much better.
    01-28-16 08:36 AM
    Try restarting the device. I had that issue too and thought I was crazy but since rebooting it hasn't happened.
    How's battery usage on your G4 with these apps installed? I installed all but launcher and am noticing some degraded battery performance. This could just be coincidental as it is only day 1 but I wondered with having the bb services that it may cause an impact.

The keyboard is a serious improvement over the initial non-root release. This is so much better.
    I'm definitely noticing a degradation in battery on my g4. I'm going to try it out for longer because battery has improved a little since installing these apps. Will wait and see and decide if the hub is worth the battery hit.
    What is improved about the keyboard? I'm still using the first version
    01-28-16 08:40 AM
    Thanks so much. I love the work you've been doing in the past couple of years. First with getting the Google apps running great on my BlackBerry phones, and now getting my favourite BlackBerry apps working on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

The apps, which are a little bit less great than their BB10 counterparts, have an enormous potential reach now, although I hope BB makes them officially available, but this is already good enough for me. And because BlackBerry's focus seems to be Android-oriented at the moment and I can only assume the apps/services will get better in the future.

I personally love this, keep up the great work!
    01-28-16 08:46 AM
    Awesome work Cobalt!! Hub works great on Galaxy S5 5.1.1
    01-28-16 08:55 AM
    Check your default settings in Android settings > application > default apps.
    01-28-16 09:07 AM
    I had the same issue on my LG V10. You have to do a "clear all" of your recently used apps and then you can open the BB contacts app. If you reopen the LG contacts app, you will have the same problem again as it will become the default. I'm not sure how to make the BB app the default, so I just removed the LG icon from my home screen.
    01-28-16 09:08 AM
    If you didnt try it yet, try universal search. It's really cool.
    01-28-16 09:09 AM
    Yes, this all works... until you have to dial a number. Then it asks for the app to do that, and the only choice is the stock dialer/contacts app - once you choose that, it resets the default to be the stock dialer.
    I have tried installing alternate dialers, but the LG G4 doesn't present them as default choices for dialing when selecting contacts to dial from the BB or any other contacts app. It only shows the stock LG contacts/dialer or Skype...
    Is there a way to get a dialer that will show as a choice for default? Is there a way to port the BB dialer for this?
    01-28-16 10:16 AM
6,064 ... 23456 ...