Can you verify if the package com.sec.android.app.launcher is installed on your S8?

It's a system app.
    I have been looking but not sure where to look. Can you tell me how or where to look?
    06-30-17 07:14 AM
    It's no longer required. Other users have confirmed the bug. It's generic, iven if you have subscribed to the BlackBerry service.
    06-30-17 10:52 AM
    BlackBerry has fixed the bug in BlackBerry Launcher. The new version is 1.1.4.7160.

What was fixed:
    1. App name changed from LauncherFacade to BlackBerry Launcher
    2. Permission com.android.launcher.permission_READ_SETTINGS renamed to com.blackberry.blackberrylauncher.permission.READ_ SETTINGS
    3. com.android.launcher.permission_WRITE_SETTINGS renamed to com.blackberry.blackberrylauncher.permission.WRITE _SETTINGS

The new version now installs on Samsung S6/S7 and other devices where the conflict with the permissions occoured.

You can download the update with BlackBerry Manager.

Thanks bb
    06-30-17 05:26 PM
    this also worked on my G6. on a side note, any idea why the BlackBerry keyboard defaults to only capitol letters when im starting a text message?
    06-30-17 07:27 PM
    Cobalt232, i have BlackBerry Android (BlackBerry Aurora). Why i can't download BlackBerry Camera from Play Store?
    06-30-17 10:51 PM
    I have a G6 and the keyboard works as expected except that I am activated with Android for work and the keyboard permissions cause it to crash. There are other afw issues with the hub apps on a G6 that i have a ticket open for. I think they're related to the same thing.
    06-30-17 11:47 PM
    I have a G6 and the keyboard works as expected except that I am activated with Android for work and the keyboard permissions cause it to crash. There are other afw issues with the hub apps on a G6 that i have a ticket open for. I think they're related to the same thing.
    It's really not a good idea to ask BlackBerry for help to run a patched app on a non supported device. They are kind enough not to sanction this solution.

The last thing we want to do is to steal their time or pull attention on this.

You can contact BlackBerry if you are having issues with apps that are in the PIM-Suite (Calendar, Contacts, Hub, Launcher, Notes, Passwords Keeper, Privacy Shade, Device Search and Tasks), but not for Keyboard or Notable.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-17 02:49 AM
    It's really not a good idea to ask BlackBerry for help to run a patched app on a non supported device. They are kind enough not to sanction this solution.

The last thing we want to do is to steal their time or pull attention on this.

You can contact BlackBerry if you are having issues with apps that are in the PIM-Suite (Calendar, Contacts, Hub, Launcher, Notes, Passwords Keeper, Privacy Shade, Device Search and Tasks), but not for Keyboard or Notable.
    Lol the ticket was not opened for the patched apps I pay for a corp subscription for HUB+ and I use BB Manager just for the Keyboard. Prior to the corp sub I always paid for a personal sub. Since getting my G6, I have not been able to use HUB on both corp and personal side as they cannot coexist without crashing. What caught my attention as I have noticed similar issues with the BB keyboard too which I believe are related to whatever is causing the coexistence issues. I did actually talk to the head dev for HUB when I was working on setting up my Corp Subscription and he was pretty hush-hush on his comments regarding BB Manager
    07-01-17 10:30 AM
    07-01-17 10:43 AM
    Are they going to fix it?
    07-02-17 01:49 PM
    Are they going to fix it?
    I sure as sh!t hope so! I made it quite clear that as a paying HUB+ customer, I need my HUB email and corresponding apps to be able to coexist in the work and personal environment as advertised.

As a UEM administrator I know how this is supposed to work and as much as there is a separation with LG and the G5/6 running Android 7, they need to make this work as a unified solution as this is what they are selling.
    07-03-17 01:27 AM
    Will lucky patcher works with Hub on Android? I want to get rid of ads once trial ends
    07-03-17 04:44 AM
    ??? If you download apps with BlackBerry Manager they don't have any ads. Use the "Learn more" button on the Github page for instructions.
    jdesignz and mbastos73 like this.
    07-03-17 06:41 AM
    Is BlackBerry Manager same with Hub+? Where's the github page?
    07-03-17 09:29 AM
    The link is in the first post, as always.
    jdesignz likes this.
    07-03-17 09:53 AM
    Got it thank you so much Cobalt!
    07-03-17 01:10 PM
    Thank you Cobalt232. Working perfect on my Motorola XStyle (Brazil).
    jdesignz likes this.
    07-06-17 04:50 PM
    Cobalt232, can you patch BlackBerry Power Center?
    07-07-17 02:49 PM
    Cobalt232 thank you for all your work on this. I have been using my first non blackberry phone in over a decade. I purchase the Samsung S7 edge and installed blackberry manager as soon as I started setting up the phone. I love the combination of the Samsung hardware with the blackberry software. Everything just seems to work faster and better on the S7 edge than it did on the Priv.
    07-08-17 04:01 PM
    Nice to hear that. I'm running the apps on a Samsung S6 Edge. It's a perfect combination.
    07-08-17 04:12 PM
    I can't seem to get the Blackberry Keyboard to LEARN my words...

On the Nvidia Shield Tablet and the LG G6 phone, I can install the Cobalt app, and the Blackberry Keyboard, but when I go to

Blackberry Keyboard Settings
    Prediction and correction
    Personalized suggestiong

I then get a huge message saying

Blackberry Keyboard needs permission

To use this feature, you must grant the com.blackberry.pim.permission.READ_MESSAGES permission for Keyboard. In the device settings, on the App info screen, tap Permissions > Additional Permissions and then grant the permission.

Then it says GO TO SETTINGS

When I go there, I go to the Permissions section and I turn on what is there, which is only contacts and phone.

There is no ADDITIONAL PERMISSIONS Anywhere I can find.

So I get the Keyboard installed but it will not learn any of my words. Is there anyway to get help on what I am doing wrong, or what step I am missing.

SIDENOTE

the newest versions of the Blackberry Keyboard on the Nvidia Shield Tablet shows predictions above the letters really tiny, too tiny to even see. I had to go back to the original version of the blackberry keyboard in order to get the predictions to show when I can read them.Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-img_20170715_1350501.jpg
    07-15-17 03:08 PM
    That permission can only be set if you additionally install BlackBerry Hub+ from BlackBerry Manager
    07-15-17 05:00 PM
    Thanks for the response Cobalt, I was able to get the permission done and the learned words are working now on both devices!

Is there any suggestions on why the prediction words are coming up extremely small on the tablet only? Again, it worked on the older version of the BB keyboard, but all the newer versions are not.

here are some pictures showing this.

Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-14.jpgWorking BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-13.jpgWorking BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-12.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	427133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	427134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	427135
    07-15-17 08:10 PM
    Its because of the higher DPI resolution of the tablet. It never was intended by BlackBerry to run the KB on Tablets. Hopefully they'll fix this one day.
    07-16-17 01:37 AM
    Thanks again for answering so quickly Cobalt
    07-16-17 08:05 PM
6,064 ... 189190191192193 ...