Iam also very interested in this as Im picking up my new S8+ in a few hrs . I will try to install all of Cobalts apps . Will post findings . As always Thanks TO COBALT for ALL his EFFORTS !!!
    04-21-17 10:01 AM
    All good on my end now. What happened is I used the device copy from a Priv to a Pixel. Thanks for the reply.
    04-21-17 11:19 AM
    Guess that doesn't work
    04-21-17 11:57 AM
    If you direct me how to do it I can definitely do that. Apologies for probably a very basic question, but I'm not familiar with Android debugging.
    Search for Android logcat, that will point you to the right direction.

Can you install the version from the repository in BlackBerry Manager?
    04-21-17 11:59 AM
    Search for Android logcat, that will point you to the right direction.

Can you install the version from the repository in BlackBerry Manager?
    Yes. The repository file worked. The file in the repository is version 2.5.1.10902, so it was not the latest file. There was an update that showed up in BlackBerry Manager after I installed the repository file. The update from the BlackBerry manager app worked fine. Very strange. Only the initial install from the BlackBerry Manager app fails it seems. I will try to understand how to get the logcat for you.
    04-21-17 03:40 PM
    Very strange. Waiting for logs.
    04-21-17 04:23 PM
    04-22-17 07:25 AM
    Hi just got my S8+, side loaded the BB keyboard and it works fine. Howver I cannot us the voice to tet feature, it mic opens but will not work. Everything is fine if I go back to the google keybard. Any ideas?
    04-22-17 07:05 PM
    Hi just got my S8+, side loaded the BB keyboard and it works fine. Howver I cannot us the voice to tet feature, it mic opens but will not work. Everything is fine if I go back to the google keybard. Any ideas?
    I have exactly the same problem on my tmoS8+. I tried using both Samsung and Google text to speech (by pressing the mic icon) and neither seem to work UNLESS you tap the little keyboard option on the lower right and manually select either Google or Samsung text to speech. Then, you have to manually select the BlackBerry Keyboard again.
    Last edited by joeyjay; 04-23-17 at 11:36 AM.
    04-22-17 08:34 PM
    Hello, Cobalt232. Highly appreciate your outstanding efforts which helped me during the transition from my beloved Passport SE to the new daily driver (Moto Z Play)
    I believe that I've followed your guideline as mentioned, uninstalled any BlackBerry related app, even I cleared Data and Caches first before hitting the uninstall button, finally I not only rebooted the handset, I shut it down.
    The BlackBerry Manager installation process went smooth and fine along with the iconic Keyboard, but the Hub+ Service is a different story!
    each and every time I install it directly and/or through the downloaded modified APK, I get that error message "app not installed the package conflicts with an existing package by the same name"
    I made sure that
    1- app is already uninstalled and there is no leftover
    2- did a couple of shutdown
    3- searched the device for any stored APK, nothing was there.
    4- re-installed the Google Play version "which went fine" then uninstalled it once again
    5- searched for any stored debug key or something as advised on the web, and nothing was there.

I Googled, and explored nearly 59 pages of this topic with no success. Your help is really highly appreciated.
    and it is also appreciated if someone could gimme a hand regarding this matter, if he ever experienced such an error before!

PS
    sorry for the poor English, Arabic is my native tongue.
    04-24-17 08:00 PM
    Hello, Cobalt232. Highly appreciate your outstanding efforts which helped me during the transition from my beloved Passport SE to the new daily driver (Moto Z Play)
    I believe that I've followed your guideline as mentioned, uninstalled any BlackBerry related app, even I cleared Data and Caches first before hitting the uninstall button, finally I not only rebooted the handset, I shut it down.
    The BlackBerry Manager installation process went smooth and fine along with the iconic Keyboard, but the Hub+ Service is a different story!
    each and every time I install it directly and/or through the downloaded modified APK, I get that error message "app not installed the package conflicts with an existing package by the same name"
    I made sure that
    1- app is already uninstalled and there is no leftover
    2- did a couple of shutdown
    3- searched the device for any stored APK, nothing was there.
    4- re-installed the Google Play version "which went fine" then uninstalled it once again
    5- searched for any stored debug key or something as advised on the web, and nothing was there.

I Googled, and explored nearly 59 pages of this topic with no success. Your help is really highly appreciated.
    and it is also appreciated if someone could gimme a hand regarding this matter, if he ever experienced such an error before!

PS
    sorry for the poor English, Arabic is my native tongue.
    What BB apps do you have installed any besides hub+?
    04-24-17 09:45 PM
    @yakov116
    Almost all but the Password Keeper.
    04-24-17 10:12 PM
    Where were they installed from the play store?
    04-24-17 10:18 PM
    Yes. But as I mentioned in my first post, I made sure that; all BlackBerry apps are entirely removed. Unless I am missing something!
    04-24-17 11:26 PM
    Are you sure that BlackBerry Hub+ Services has been removed correctly?
    04-25-17 12:50 AM
    Are you sure that BlackBerry Hub+ Services has been removed correctly?
    Yes, I cleared the BlackBerry Hub+ data and caches before removing the app, also I made sure no APK is stored on the device.
    04-25-17 09:31 AM
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if this has been tried on the new Galaxy s8? My wife just got one and HATES the native KB. Can this be done on there, as it's running Android 7?
    04-25-17 10:54 AM
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if this has been tried on the new Galaxy s8? My wife just got one and HATES the native KB. Can this be done on there, as it's running Android 7?
    Yes it works on Android 7.
    Read the first post for instructions lol.
    04-25-17 11:06 AM
    Yes BriannaJL , The BB KB works great on my S8+.......Many thanks to Cobalt.
    04-25-17 11:22 AM
    Yes BriannaJL , The BB KB works great on my S8+.......Many thanks to Cobalt.
    Does your long press of the mic button work? Mine doesn't. I have to hit the keyboard icon bottom right and manually select Google Test to speech
    04-25-17 04:39 PM
    Hi Cobalt. Now that privacy shade and notable are part of the hub suite, how do I Uninstall them from manager and install from play store? I tried but get an error message that they are not compatible with my device. Thanks
    04-25-17 04:46 PM
    Hi Cobalt. Now that privacy shade and notable are part of the hub suite, how do I Uninstall them from manager and install from play store? I tried but get an error message that they are not compatible with my device. Thanks
    They're available for all Android devices on the Play Store?

I don't have a way to check since the only android I own is a Priv.
    04-25-17 05:09 PM
    Yes. They are now part of the Hub+ since the last update

Edit. I am in Hub+ beta
    Last edited by joeyjay; 04-25-17 at 07:32 PM.
    04-25-17 05:16 PM
    Yes. They are now part of the Hub+ since the last update
    Privacy shade is in External beta now for non-BlackBerry phones.
    04-25-17 07:22 PM
    hi all ,

i've just download bbmanager on my honor 8 but i see only bb keyboard , notable and privacy shade.
    where did I go wrong?

solved , sorry for the post ^^
    04-26-17 04:08 AM
6,064 ... 180181182183184 ...