Congratulations Cobalt definitely you are one of BlackBerry community best asset.
    03-28-17 03:36 PM
    Thanks. And free marketing for BlackBerry
    gijoegijoe likes this.
    03-29-17 02:08 AM
    Hi there, does anyone knows how can i find com.blackberry.rim.permission.READ_MESSAGES on my blackberry keyboard , so that can learn from messages and data to improve word suggestions? Thanks.
    Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-media-20170329.png
    03-29-17 05:45 AM
    Open BlackBerry Manager and tap on BlackBerry Keyboard. Then tap Enable Keyboard. That brings you to the permissions page.
    Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-347612.jpg  
    idees likes this.
    03-29-17 10:59 AM
    @Cobalt232
    You did bring "privacy shade" app in blackberry manager?
    You are just awesome my friend.
    03-30-17 05:09 AM
    Hi Cobalt, I am having issues with BBM in the Hub. I have a S7 Edge with Android 7, not rooted. I have wiped the whole O/S and started fresh prior to posting this. I have accepted all permission requests from BBM, Hub, and BlackBerry Services.

BBM messages don't seem to update in the Hub. When I first install it, it does work, but not for long. I have installed the latest apps from BB Manager and the latest BBM from the Repository.

Is it problem with Android 7?
    Thoughts?

Thanks
    I have installed the latest BlackBerry services that is available from the BlackBerry Manager and it has appeared to fix the above issue.
    03-30-17 08:25 AM
    Hey Cobalt,

Please consider adding the productivity tab as it's a separate app now.
    Ducca683 and KorChi_JapThai like this.
    03-30-17 05:09 PM
    You'd need to root your device to install that program. BlackBerry doesn't allow that to be I stalled on non- BlackBerry devices
    03-30-17 06:57 PM
    Hey Cobalt,

Please consider adding the productivity tab as it's a separate app now.
    You beat me to it!! Here's the link @cobalt - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vityedge&hl=en
    03-30-17 07:09 PM
    You'd need to root your device to install that program. BlackBerry doesn't allow that to be I stalled on non- BlackBerry devices
    That's exactly what Cobalt's app does. No root necessary.
    03-30-17 07:10 PM
    Hi Cobalt,
    i wish you will bring "Productivity tab" at blackberry manager.
    It will be awesome dor no-blackberry devices!
    Ducca683 likes this.
    03-31-17 05:31 AM
    Any plans to get productivity tab on BlackBerry manager?
    03-31-17 07:23 AM
    +1000 on blackberry productivity tab. Thanks a bunch!
    03-31-17 08:11 AM
    Yes , I would love to see Productivity Tab in Manager ......Please .
    03-31-17 11:45 AM
    Agreed. I just saw the article detailing the update and would like to try it out on my V20.
    03-31-17 01:19 PM
    Anyone having issues with whatsapp integration in the hub? If I receive multiple whatsapp messages from the same sender, they show up as multiple messages in the hub and aren't grouped. For example, if I get three whatsapp messages from someone they show up like this (in order of recency):

Sender1: (3 messages)
    message preview
    Sender1: (2 messages)
    message preview
    Sender1:
    message preview
    03-31-17 01:25 PM
    I looked into the BlackBerry Productivity Edge app to see if it can run without root. Unfortunately, the app requires some system level permissions that I can't overrided with patching. The permissions are:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_U SERS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_U SERS_FULL" />

Explanation (@CommonsWare):

To be able to hold INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS, your app has to be signed by the firmware's signing key or it has to be installed on the system partition.

To be able to hold INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL, your app has to be signed by the firmware's signing key.

So no dice to run this on a device other than BlackBerry unless it's rooted.
    Ducca683 likes this.
    04-01-17 03:44 AM
    I looked into the BlackBerry Productivity Edge app to see if it can run without root. Unfortunately, the app requires some system level permissions that I can't overrided with patching. The permissions are:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_U SERS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_U SERS_FULL" />

Explanation (@CommonsWare):

To be able to hold INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS, your app has to be signed by the firmware's signing key or it has to be installed on the system partition.

To be able to hold INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL, your app has to be signed by the firmware's signing key.

So no dice to run this on a device other than BlackBerry unless it's rooted.
    Can you create flashable zip. So we can flash via twrp custom recovery.
    04-01-17 04:10 AM
    Hi. Can you port the BlackBerry Productivity Tab app to other Android devices?
    He said it's not possible in the above post.
    04-01-17 01:40 PM
    OK Cobalt! I've got one more question before I attempt this install. When I uninstall the BlackBerry apps I currently have on my device (Moto G4 Play for the record), does the uninstall also cancel the subscriptions I have (for BBM and Hub+), or do I have to go and cancel those in the Google Play store, prior to installing the suite?

Thanks!
    04-01-17 07:20 PM
    OK Cobalt! I've got one more question before I attempt this install. When I uninstall the BlackBerry apps I currently have on my device (Moto G4 Play for the record), does the uninstall also cancel the subscriptions I have (for BBM and Hub+), or do I have to go and cancel those in the Google Play store, prior to installing the suite?

Thanks!
    It does not cancel the subscription.

I suggest only installing the apps that you don't have a subscription with using Cobalts tool and keep supporting BlackBerry.

So that would be the Keyboard, Notable and Privacy Shade.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    04-01-17 07:22 PM
    It does not cancel the subscription.

I suggest only installing the apps that you don't have a subscription with using Cobalts tool and keep supporting BlackBerry.

So that would be the Keyboard, Notable and Privacy Shade.
    Or just install the subscription apps from Hub+ services. And then install BlackBerry Manager which will only show the apps not included with the subscription. That way, just the subscription apps update through google plays and the others get updated through BlackBerry Manager . I find it's much easier to manage all the apps that way.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    04-01-17 10:17 PM
    Or just install the subscription apps from Hub+ services. And then install BlackBerry Manager which will only show the apps not included with the subscription. That way, just the subscription apps update through google plays and the others get updated through BlackBerry Manager . I find it's much easier to manage all the apps that way.
    This.

That's what I meant, but this is better worded.
    04-02-17 07:49 AM
    Question. Will these apps work well with the new S8+ with its 18.9 orientation and larger screen size? Thanks in advance!
    04-02-17 04:08 PM
    No reason why they shouldn't.
    04-03-17 12:58 AM
6,064 ... 177178179180181 ...