Have installed BB Priv apps on my S6 Active. Just about everything works just fine. One thing is NOT working and I would really like to see if I can fix it.

I'm not seeing any SPLAT notifications. I get audible notifications on emails, I get visual top of screen, but none of my icons are indicating unread messages.

One slight twist to this hole thing. I'm on BES 12 using KNOX. BB Services & Apps are installed in KNOX container so I can attach to work email. I'm wondering if this has something to do with my notification problems. Not using the BB Launcher. Appears that it can't be installed in KNOX container (I tried). KNOX has its own launcher.

Re looked all of the notification settings and they all seem to be in order. Notifications work, just not SPLAT.

Would really like to get this working. Coming from older BB's it's something you get used to.
    06-28-16 05:38 PM
    Splats on the app icons are only displayed if BlackBerry Launcher is installed.
    06-28-16 05:44 PM
    I just noticed after weeks of using the Hub that the phone calls don't register in the hub. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix for it? Am running Android Lollipop 5.1. Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-28-16 06:27 PM
    I just got the BlackBerry keyboard installed on my S7. Seems to be working, but I only get a vibration when I type but no click sound. Is there any way to get that keyboard click sound?
    06-28-16 06:32 PM
    I just got the BlackBerry keyboard installed on my S7. Seems to be working, but I only get a vibration when I type but no click sound. Is there any way to get that keyboard click sound?
    Settings > Language and input. Under "Keyboard and Input preferences" click BlackBerry keyboard, then Key press feedback gives you sound and vibrate options.
    crazigee likes this.
    06-28-16 08:34 PM
    Splats on the app icons are only displayed if BlackBerry Launcher is installed.
    Thanks for the info.

Is launcher something I can install in the KNOX container with BES 12? I tried earlier and it didn't appear to work. I know this might be outside your scope, but I figured I'd ask. I tried installing launcher on the personal side and nothing happened with splat. Makes sense. The hub is coming from the knox side so I'd assume the launcher would have to be running there as well. As far as I can see I can't run launcher in the knox container. Let me know if I'm wrong. Can his be done on priv with BES 12 using KNOX? Seems like it would be the same thing.

Thanks,

Roveer
    06-28-16 09:51 PM
    "unfortunately calendar (agenda) has stopped". LG K10. Android 6.0.
    Just Calendar does not work. Can someone help me?
    Sorry for my bad English, I 'm Brazilian.
    Last edited by ruylobo; 06-28-16 at 10:53 PM.
    06-28-16 10:41 PM
    Blackberry services stops evertime. Anyone else issues?

And the calendar app doesn't show the actual date while the widget does

06-29-16 06:05 AM
    Hi Cobalt

I am unable to change the default notification tone for Calendar events in my Blackberry Calendar installed on my Samsung S7 Edge.

Any ideas?
    06-29-16 06:16 AM
    Hi Cobalt

I am unable to change the default notification tone for Calendar events in my Blackberry Calendar installed on my Samsung S7 Edge.

Any ideas?
    Known bug.
    06-29-16 06:54 AM
    Problems with bb services, stopping everytime. Also known?

06-29-16 07:13 AM
    Problems with bb services, stopping everytime. Also known?

Missing permissions. Use BlackBerry Manager to install.
    06-29-16 08:53 AM
    Settings > Language and input. Under "Keyboard and Input preferences" click BlackBerry keyboard, then Key press feedback gives you sound and vibrate options.
    Thanks. That's done the trick. The sound doesn't seem to be the same as on my Z30 but way better than the annoying vibration that was there before.
    06-29-16 10:49 AM
    I've managed to get the BB launcher into my KNOX folder on my S6 and make it the default launcher. I'm still not getting any splat notifications on email.

Following the instructions in the first post if I go into KNOX other security settings / device administrators I have turned on blackberry launcher. There is NOT a setting for blackberry mail but there is a setting for "email" with the blackberry services icon. That is turned on as well.

in app notifications Blackberry Hub is set to allow notifications as well as blackberry launcher.

If I install all BB apps over in the personal space and just add a pop3 account and make the settings per the instructions I do get the splat notifications but trying to use the apps from the personal side will not allow me to configure my work email account.

I guess its possible that the KNOX container is preventing this from working. Is there anything else I could try or do to try and make this work? It's the only thing preventing this from being perfect for me.

Roveer
    06-29-16 01:23 PM
    Hub is still white and blah. Need dark theme.

06-29-16 01:26 PM
    I've managed to get the BB launcher into my KNOX folder on my S6 and make it the default launcher. I'm still not getting any splat notifications on email.

Following the instructions in the first post if I go into KNOX other security settings / device administrators I have turned on blackberry launcher. There is NOT a setting for blackberry mail but there is a setting for "email" with the blackberry services icon. That is turned on as well.

in app notifications Blackberry Hub is set to allow notifications as well as blackberry launcher.

If I install all BB apps over in the personal space and just add a pop3 account and make the settings per the instructions I do get the splat notifications but trying to use the apps from the personal side will not allow me to configure my work email account.

I guess its possible that the KNOX container is preventing this from working. Is there anything else I could try or do to try and make this work? It's the only thing preventing this from being perfect for me.

Roveer
    You should probably ask your BES admin since it sounds like a permissions issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the edge
    06-29-16 04:33 PM
    Aahh, but I am the BESAdmin. I've been over the IT Profile several times in BESAdmin. All of the areas that could possibly pertain to this situation have already been allowed.
    06-29-16 04:38 PM
    Missing permissions. Use BlackBerry Manager to install.
    I did, I followed the instructions in the first post. Bb manager then bb services first and then the rest

06-29-16 04:39 PM
    Cobalt, any chance of porting priv's picture password, even if it requires root?
    06-29-16 06:36 PM
    Sorry, no. Only apps that are officially on Play Store. No ripped apps from a device.
    06-29-16 06:47 PM
    Aahh, but I am the BESAdmin. I've been over the IT Profile several times in BESAdmin. All of the areas that could possibly pertain to this situation have already been allowed.
    May not work well together with knox. Did you try the prepatched BlackBerry Services from the mirror? Does it make any difference?
    06-29-16 06:50 PM
    May not work well together with knox. Did you try the prepatched BlackBerry Services from the mirror? Does it make any difference?
    Prepatched from the mirror is the one I have been using. Have been installing all apps from the mirror. Seems like I'm so close. Everything else works, just not splat. If I install all on personal side and configure for a pop account then splat works. Installing in KNOX whether pop or company email, splat does not work. So bummed. Last bug I'm trying to squash.

Roveer
    06-29-16 07:08 PM
    Hi, can i install it on my rooted Nexus 5 with android 6.0.1? thx
    06-29-16 11:15 PM
    Did you try it? Should work very well on a clean android like the Nexus.
    06-30-16 01:14 AM
    Why does bb services keep stopping all the time. I uninstalled it, reboot my samsung s5 6.0 android. It worked perfect and now it doenst. Please help. I really like bb manager!!

06-30-16 02:24 AM
6,064 ... 101102103104105 ...