Is Cobalt232 still updating BB Keyboard app?

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt never updated the Keyboard app - that's for BlackBerry to update. Cobalt just made it so non-BB android phones could load it.

That's it.

He can't actually make changes to the apps themselves.
    12-27-20 06:29 PM
    Cobalt never updated the Keyboard app - that's for BlackBerry to update. Cobalt just made it so non-BB android phones could load it.

That's it.

He can't actually make changes to the apps themselves.
    Which the Keyboard app hasn't been updated by BlackBerry in a really long time. But there have been some updates to the other apps.... are those updates tricking through his BlackBerry Manager?
    12-28-20 07:55 AM
    Which the Keyboard app hasn't been updated by BlackBerry in a really long time. But there have been some updates to the other apps.... are those updates tricking through his BlackBerry Manager?
    Yes. All the other app updates from November 19 came through.
    12-28-20 08:17 AM
    Which Priv apps + BB Manager are now the latest " final " versions?

BlackBerry Manager = 10.0.0.0.59

BlackBerry Keyboard = ?

BlackBerry Password Keeper = ?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-21 04:33 AM
    Is Cobalt's BlackBerry manager still available somewhere? His Github is 404. Sorry if an updated source was posted somewhere between pages 1 and 242 ������
    05-06-21 06:05 PM
    Is Cobalt's BlackBerry manager still available somewhere? His Github is 404. Sorry if an updated source was posted somewhere between pages 1 and 242 ������
    It's been taken down. Copyright infringement notice was given to Cobalt. Plus, the app itself can't check into Google Play and get the apps anymore, so someone is blocking it as well.

The fact that this is recent after all these years when BlackBerry obviously turned a blind eye makes us suspect that maybe some IP related to those apps was sold off. Just speculation, of course.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-06-21 06:18 PM
    Checkin and download still working here. Shouldn't be affected.
    bh7171, eldricho and VITOS72 like this.
    05-07-21 05:11 PM
    Same here. Just updated some BlackBerry apps too
    VITOS72 likes this.
    05-07-21 05:32 PM
    Same here. Just updated some BlackBerry apps too
    I'm getting Google Play Connection Error on both my S20 FE and Amazon Fire HD8 tablet. They both lost it about 2 weeks ago at the same time.

I uninstalled the apps I was using on the phone earlier this week to try Outlook (I like some aspects of it, but don't care for other aspects of it). And BlackBerry Manager can't even find the apps to download again.

I've never had that issue before, so I just assumed the Google Play checking was being blocked or something.

If that's not the case, I guess I'll try reinstalling the Manager.

Edit:

After uninstalling the BlackBerry Manager, rebooting the phone, then reinstalling... no change. Can't connect to Google Play.

Is there some other trick I can try?
    Last edited by joeldf; 05-07-21 at 08:10 PM.
    05-07-21 06:53 PM
    I'm getting Google Play Connection Error on both my S20 FE and Amazon Fire HD8 tablet. They both lost it about 2 weeks ago at the same time.

I uninstalled the apps I was using on the phone earlier this week to try Outlook (I like some aspects of it, but don't care for other aspects of it). And BlackBerry Manager can't even find the apps to download again.

I've never had that issue before, so I just assumed the Google Play checking was being blocked or something.

If that's not the case, I guess I'll try reinstalling the Manager.

Edit:

After uninstalling the BlackBerry Manager, rebooting the phone, then reinstalling... no change. Can't connect to Google Play.

Is there some other trick I can try?
    First you are using Amazon and Samsung devices so that use their native app stores update everything in sight and then search for Google Play. You may be able to update on those app stores then open Google Play and update from there.

If Google Play does not update you will need to delete the Google Play play updates that are already on the system.
    Then you can hope that the updated is automatically picked up or use Chrome browser search for Google Play app in the Google play store and install from there
    05-08-21 03:44 AM
    First you are using Amazon and Samsung devices so that use their native app stores update everything in sight and then search for Google Play. You may be able to update on those app stores then open Google Play and update from there.

If Google Play does not update you will need to delete the Google Play play updates that are already on the system.
    Then you can hope that the updated is automatically picked up or use Chrome browser search for Google Play app in the Google play store and install from there
    No, both devices have Google Play. The Samsung comes with it. The tablet, I had to sideload the Play Services and store to get Google Play Store on it.

Google Play itself works perfectly on both devices.
    05-08-21 12:26 PM
    Since you said the download of BlackBerry Manager has been taken down, how did you reinstall it? Just had a copy saved locally?
    05-09-21 02:41 PM
    Since you said the download of BlackBerry Manager has been taken down, how did you reinstall it? Just had a copy saved locally?
    I still have the original downloaded apk, yes.
    SatoshiX likes this.
    05-09-21 04:11 PM
    Link die, can you help me @Cobalt232?
    05-10-21 08:29 PM
    I still have the original downloaded apk, yes.
    Can you send via mail [email address removed]? Thank a lot!
    Last edited by Ecm; 05-16-21 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Do not post personal info on these forums!
    05-10-21 08:32 PM
    05-10-21 10:02 PM
    Thank you for the provided link.

I hope that those apk files are the final, latest version of Cobalt232 's BlackBerry Priv apps.

I can install it on my SG S10 Plus 1TB device.

Posted via CB10
    drtiendiep likes this.
    05-13-21 04:57 PM

I hope that those apk files are the final, latest version of Cobalt232 's BlackBerry Priv apps.

Posted via CB10
    They are the latest...

You might be better paying for the apps going forward... if they are still updating them.
    05-14-21 11:09 AM

I'd be careful posting links to files that we know the DMCA are going after.... especially if it's one of your main accounts.

Junk Google account, no problem if they shut it down. But if it's an account you have been using for years....
    05-14-21 11:12 AM
    I went ahead and got the real Google Play versions. Of course, I'm now in that 30 day trial. I'll see if the ads bother me enough to pay for it in a month.

I know it's only a buck a month - it's just yet another charge I have to keep track of. I'd have paid for it long ago if they had a one time outright purchase - up to like 20 or 30 bucks would have been fine.

MS Outlook had a lot of things going for it, but I just didn't like some things about it. The fact that the calendar stays internal was a problem and I couldn't get the native calender to sign in saying account was already used. And my calender widget I use couldn't get to it either.

Some other email apps had things about them I didn't like as well.

The one thing the BlackBerry inbox does is show the different e-mail account colors on the Samsung AOD screen, so that the envelope icon is in the color of the account. Outlook and even Samsung's own email app doesn't do that.

It's a small thing, but I've come to rely on it.
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-14-21 01:52 PM
    I went ahead and got the real Google Play versions. Of course, I'm now in that 30 day trial. I'll see if the ads bother me enough to pay for it in a month.

I know it's only a buck a month - it's just yet another charge I have to keep track of. I'd have paid for it long ago if they had a one time outright purchase - up to like 20 or 30 bucks would have been fine.

MS Outlook had a lot of things going for it, but I just didn't like some things about it. The fact that the calendar stays internal was a problem and I couldn't get the native calender to sign in saying account was already used. And my calender widget I use couldn't get to it either.

The one thing the BlackBerry inbox does is show the different e-mail account colors on the Samsung AOD screen, so that the envelope icon is in the color of the account. Outlook and even Samsung's own email app doesn't do that.

With my Droid I loved the HUB+, but with my Samsung the native apps were hard to bypass.... And by that time the HUB+ had hit a very buggy stage, I moved on.

Bottom line is use what works for you, but I really don't see getting use to something with no future at this point.
    05-14-21 02:54 PM
    With my Droid I loved the HUB+, but with my Samsung the native apps were hard to bypass.... And by that time the HUB+ had hit a very buggy stage, I moved on.

Bottom line is use what works for you, but I really don't see getting use to something with no future at this point.
    Oh, I've been used to the Hub on Samsungs since 2017. But if I have to revert, it would probably be to Samsung Email. Just wish they did the thing with the envelope icon color too. It will show separate icons for each account on the AOD screen, but uses the same app color for both - orange.

Like I said - it's a small thing, but something I've been used to for almost 4 years.
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-14-21 07:14 PM

HUB/Inbox are always the first apps downloaded on my Samsung slabs. I despise ads so have paid .99/mo since early '17 and we kicked our DTEK50's to son and friend. Never had any issues with them on S7 Edge, S7, S9 or A71 5G. Well in fairness @ a month ago ads popped up on the banner while using on Wi-Fi at the house. I emailed support and they were gonzo a few hours later.
    05-14-21 07:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by "final"?
    Is BlackBerry discontinuing the Inbox , calendar, contacts apps?
    05-24-21 12:35 PM
    What do you mean by "final"?
    Is BlackBerry discontinuing the Inbox , calendar, contacts apps?
    I think he meant more "the current versions".

BlackBerry has made no comment about the future of the apps. They seem to be offering minor patches still, but no efforts to add new features or to make any big changes like they did for the first few years. Pretty much in maintenance mode at this point, hopefully an update to Android 12 will be within their budget.
    05-24-21 01:24 PM
6,064 ... 240241242243