I've removed BBM because it no longer integrates to Hub. We'll see if I can fix that some time.
    Integrating BBM into the hub would make life easier. Thanks!
    10-03-18 08:56 PM
    Hi Mr. Cobalt, thanks alot for your great job make BlackBerry Keyboard works very well on my Samsung Note 8.

But, why does words suggestions didn't appear on some app or some text field and mostly on Google app?
    Sorry if double post or someone else already ask and solved it, but after a couple hours searching on this thread i can't find any clue about it.
    Also copy, cut, paste, select all, undo and redo Ctrl keyboard shortcut doesn't work on most Samsung note essential app like browser, S note, etc.

For future could you patch for extension like translate, gif picture, writing pad or long press customisation for symbol instead accented characters.
    Very appreciate if you can reply moreover solved it for me.
    Thanks
    10-04-18 05:43 AM
    Not to speak for @Cobalt232... again (I see I've done this before), but I'm not sure he can do what you ask. He has a way to patch the app to work on other phones, but he can't change how the app itself works.

Honestly, I've had no trouble using the keyboard app on my S8, but I also don't use the specific apps you mentioned.
    10-04-18 11:20 AM
    Hi Mr. Cobalt, thanks alot for your great job make BlackBerry Keyboard works very well on my Samsung Note 8.

But, why does words suggestions didn't appear on some app or some text field and mostly on Google app?
    Sorry if double post or someone else already ask and solved it, but after a couple hours searching on this thread i can't find any clue about it.
    Also copy, cut, paste, select all, undo and redo Ctrl keyboard shortcut doesn't work on most Samsung note essential app like browser, S note, etc.

For future could you patch for extension like translate, gif picture, writing pad or long press customisation for symbol instead accented characters.
    Very appreciate if you can reply moreover solved it for me.
    Thanks
    Hi

Blackberry Keyboard respects the programmed settings of an input field to protect your privacy. For that reason, auto suggestions don't show up in some fields. If suggestions can be shown is decided by the developer of the app.

Example:
    In chrome, auto suggestions don't show up in the address input field because if they did, an other user of your phone would see from the suggestions where you have been surfing. For that reason, Google has flagged the input field not to show keyboard suggestions. BlackBerry Keyboard respects this setting.

Regarding your other issues: I'm just providing compatibility and anti advertising patches. No feature changes.

Regards
    dark0ne_ and AmritD like this.
    10-05-18 09:10 AM
    Anyone running into "Failed to apply patch" for BB Hub+ services when updating to 1.6.1.52563. @Cobalt232 any thoughts??
    Last edited by gijoegijoe; 10-11-18 at 02:03 PM.
    10-10-18 12:38 PM
    failed to apply patch.Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-screenshot_20181011-212416.jpeg
    10-11-18 10:26 PM
    BlackBerry Manager only changes a few bytes when patching. If something doesn't work, there's a 99% probability that the issue is on the BlackBerry side.
    Can confirm patch issue with latest Hub+ Services app running BlackBerry Manager 1.0.0.53

Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-7528.jpg
    10-12-18 12:00 AM
    Can confirm patch issue with latest Hub+ Services app running BlackBerry Manager 1.0.0.53

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7528.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	440702
    Hub+ Services updated to 52563 on my S8 the other day just fine.
    10-12-18 07:03 AM
    There are no issues that I know of in BlackBerry Manager 1.0.0.53. Updated fine on Samsung S6 and S8.

What you can try:
    * Clear cache in BlackBerry Manager (swipe in menu from left, clear cache)
    * Verify, if there is enough space on internal SD

Post a logfile with ADB Logcat if problem persists.
    10-12-18 10:46 AM
    Solved! Cache showed 0 files even if I chose to clear it, so I did a repair install on the BlackBerry manager from within BlackBerry Manager app: cache showed 1 file at 24 MB, cleared cache and updated Hub+ Services successfully.

Thanks for an awesome set of apps! I don't think I could have lived with an Android phone without them.

🍻 Cheers!
    gijoegijoe and Cobalt232 like this.
    10-12-18 12:11 PM
    Solved! Cache showed 0 files even if I chose to clear it, so I did a repair install on the BlackBerry manager from within BlackBerry Manager app: cache showed 1 file at 24 MB, cleared cache and updated Hub+ Services successfully.

Thanks for an awesome set of apps! I don't think I could have lived with an Android phone without them.

������ Cheers!
    Repairing Blackberry Manager did the trick. Clearing cache did not help. Thanks @Cobalt232 stepping in as always. Thanks @spAzz77

Cheers
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    10-12-18 02:41 PM
    Blackberry Manager 1.0.0.53

I keep getting Waiting to Retry and then Request Timed-Out. Happens with Hub+ 1.6.1.52563 Update as well as Repair Installation for any app including BlackBerry Manager. Cache is cleared.
    10-14-18 01:04 PM
    Blackberry Manager 1.0.0.53

I keep getting Waiting to Retry and then Request Timed-Out. Happens with Hub+ 1.6.1.52563 Update as well as Repair Installation for any app including BlackBerry Manager. Cache is cleared.
    Network problems. Try again later or use other wlan access point. Alternatively turn off wlan and try over Mobile only.

Good luck!
    10-15-18 06:28 AM
    Thanks. I use an app called DNS Changer (set to 1.1.1.1). Got things working when I temporarily turned off the app. For most other things, that DNS setting doesn't usually interfere.
    10-15-18 08:11 AM
    Thanks. I use an app called DNS Changer (set to 1.1.1.1). Got things working when I temporarily turned off the app. For most other things, that DNS setting doesn't usually interfere.
    Looks like Android DownloadManager doesn't like your app ;-)
    10-17-18 12:52 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

Awesome installer, love it!!! Still getting the above issue. Tried u installing BlackBerry services, clearing cache - same issue.
    11-09-18 09:01 AM
    Looks like Android DownloadManager doesn't like your app ;-)
    Hi Cobalt - thank you for all your help.

I keep getting "app not installed" message when trying to install Hub+ Services.

I have the keyboard installed, but no other blackberry apps. I'm on a Samsung 9+ if that matters.

Thank you
    11-12-18 08:42 PM

I keep getting "app not installed" message when trying to install Hub+ Services.

I have the keyboard installed, but no other blackberry apps. I'm on a Samsung 9+ if that matters.

Thank you
    Strange. Sure that no other BlackBerry App is installed from Play store?
    11-14-18 10:56 AM
    It worked for me... Must be your system or configuration!

Thank you
    11-14-18 02:33 PM
    I have been happy using many of the apps on my Galaxy S7 since early this year. I have been having trouble with the Hub recently as sometimes I cannot view emails. I disabled "battery optimization" to stop the phone from putting Hub+ Services to sleep and cleared the cache but it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    11-14-18 02:43 PM
    Strange. Sure that no other BlackBerry App is installed from Play store?
    I was able to get it to load a day later after a reset. Not sure what issue was.

All apps seem to be working great except for password keeper. Which doesnt allow cloud backup/restore.

"To backup passwords please use an authorized version of password keeper"

I deleted it from BlackBerry Manager and then tried to download from playstore, but then it asked me to update hub services - when opening password keeper.

I didn't want to mess up the other BlackBerry apps so I didn't update hub services.

Do I need a subscription to hub services?

Thank you! I find this forum and people very helpful.
    11-15-18 06:22 AM
    Happy to hear that everything is working. For Password Keeper you'll have to use the import/export option in settings. Cloud Backup is not supported. I you want to use cloud backup, you'll can subscribe to the BlackBerry service. You can continue to use the BlackBerry Keyboard if subscribed, even though it isn't part of the package.

Hope this helps.
    11-15-18 07:56 AM
    Happy to hear that everything is working. For Password Keeper you'll have to use the import/export option in settings. Cloud Backup is not supported. I you want to use cloud backup, you'll can subscribe to the BlackBerry service. You can continue to use the BlackBerry Keyboard if subscribed, even though it isn't part of the package.

Hope this helps.
    Yes - thank you very much for clarifying.
    11-15-18 11:13 AM
    I stopped getting updates since two months. Is it me or?
    11-16-18 04:50 AM
    I stopped getting updates since two months. Is it me or?
    Most of the apps had their last official update in June. The Hub Services was updated in early October. So, no, there just hasn't been much in the way of updates.

All the activity has been on the beta side. But, I think they are getting close.
    dark0ne_ likes this.
    11-16-18 07:03 AM
6,064 ... 226227228229230 ...