does anyone have a fix for "Google Play connection error" in BlackBerry Manager? I've only noticed since the latest update. Google Play check in doesn't seem to fix it.
    02-12-18 01:19 PM
    Will do. Thanks

Update :
    Attached new logs :
    I've been looking at your logs and it things are very strange. PackageInstaller doesn't seem to be involved in the installation process. The call seems to be catched by an app called com.estrongs.android.pop, which seems to be the ES Explorer app.

I'm not sure what is happening, but maybe you should remove ES Explorer, reboot your device and then try to install the keyboard.
    02-13-18 08:38 AM
    does anyone have a fix for "Google Play connection error" in BlackBerry Manager? I've only noticed since the latest update. Google Play check in doesn't seem to fix it.
    That message indicates that BlackBerry Manager failed to fetch app data from Play Store. Maybe remove BlackBerry Manager and reinstall it.
    02-13-18 08:43 AM
    I've been looking at your logs and it things are very strange. PackageInstaller doesn't seem to be involved in the installation process. The call seems to be catched by an app called com.estrongs.android.pop, which seems to be the ES Explorer app.

I'm not sure what is happening, but maybe you should remove ES Explorer, reboot your device and then try to install the keyboard.
    I'm invoking the apk from my NAS via ESxplorer. Perhaps, that is what is being captured in the log. However, I have also attempted the process by loading the APK in local device to no different behavior. I will try running APK from local device.

Update :
    Tried 2 scenarios
    1. Removed/Uninstalled existing Keyboard version. With no keyboard, I attempted to install the version in question, to no luck
    2. Installed current version of Keyboard via BB Manager successfully. Had APK on local SD card and attempted to install again to no success. Attached log for scenario 2
    date[2018-13-02 18-07-54]-logcat.zip
    Last edited by gijoegijoe; 02-13-18 at 05:16 PM.
    02-13-18 09:29 AM
    That message indicates that BlackBerry Manager failed to fetch app data from Play Store. Maybe remove BlackBerry Manager and reinstall it.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still receive the same error. Any other thoughts? Haven't had an issue with anything before and I've had this running smooth forever on both a Nexus 5x and Pixel xl
    Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-133800.jpg  
    02-13-18 09:44 AM
    Can you verify the permissions of BlackBerry Manager?

Edit: I've just tested BlackBerry Manager on an official Pixel image (API 26). No issues at all.

What account are you using for the Manager? Has the account previously been used with Play Store? Are all app permissions set?
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 02-13-18 at 10:56 AM.
    02-13-18 10:28 AM
    i dont recieved hub notification (for e-emails) after the last update from the repo.
    02-14-18 12:50 AM
    Can you verify the permissions of BlackBerry Manager?

Edit: I've just tested BlackBerry Manager on an official Pixel image (API 26). No issues at all.

What account are you using for the Manager? Has the account previously been used with Play Store? Are all app permissions set?
    Not sure why it worked but I deleted and reinstalled again then did BlackBerry Hub+ repair and all is working as it should again. Thanks for the help Cobalt.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-14-18 02:08 AM
    i dont recieved hub notification (for e-emails) after the last update from the repo.
    I uploaded the latest betas to the repo.
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    02-14-18 02:59 AM
    I uploaded the latest betas to the repo.
    Thanks a lot Cobalt!
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-14-18 03:45 AM
    Update :
    Tried 2 scenarios
    1. Removed/Uninstalled existing Keyboard version. With no keyboard, I attempted to install the version in question, to no luck
    2. Installed current version of Keyboard via BB Manager successfully. Had APK on local SD card and attempted to install again to no success. Attached log for scenario 2
    date[2018-13-02 18-07-54]-logcat.zip
    @Cobalt232 - Did you happen to have a chance to review updated log? If not I will wait on official release for the Keyboard Update.
    02-16-18 12:10 PM
    @Cobalt232 - Did you happen to have a chance to review updated log? If not I will wait on official release for the Keyboard Update.
    I'm sorry but the logs don't give any hint why install is failing. It might be a compatibility issue with your OS. On the official Oreo emulator the app installs fine.

Edit:
    Can you try the following:

1. Tap clear cache in the BlackBerry Manager options menu
    2. copy the new keyboard apk to folder sd\blackberrymanager
    3. rename the apk to com.blackberry.keyboard.apk
    4. in BlackBerry Manager, use repair installation on Keyboard

Does that work?
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 02-18-18 at 04:08 AM.
    02-18-18 03:15 AM
    Just in case nobody noticed: I've updated the repo with the latest beta updates from yesterday (whole suite).
    gijoegijoe likes this.
    02-18-18 03:17 AM
    Cobalt I did a factory reset on my GS5 and reinstalled al BlackBerry apps from BlackBerry Manager but keyboard keeps given the can't install app. I tried using the app from the repository no luck. it's on Android 6.0.1. any ideas?
    02-18-18 09:10 PM
    Another help required, I use sms organizer from Microsoft but it does not open from the hub. It just shows me a blank and sort of new message box rather than the sms.

I am on oreo on oneplus 5T
    02-20-18 06:24 AM
    I'm sorry but the logs don't give any hint why install is failing. It might be a compatibility issue with your OS. On the official Oreo emulator the app installs fine.

Edit:
    Can you try the following:

1. Tap clear cache in the BlackBerry Manager options menu
    2. copy the new keyboard apk to folder sd\blackberrymanager
    3. rename the apk to com.blackberry.keyboard.apk
    4. in BlackBerry Manager, use repair installation on Keyboard

Does that work?
    Hey Cobalt - Attempted the above steps to no luck. Repair install ignored the renamed apk and downloaded and installed existing version. I know its a bummer. BTW I'm on 6.0.1 if that helps.
    Last edited by gijoegijoe; 02-20-18 at 02:12 PM.
    02-20-18 08:53 AM
    Cobalt I did a factory reset on my GS5 and reinstalled al BlackBerry apps from BlackBerry Manager but keyboard keeps given the can't install app. I tried using the app from the repository no luck. it's on Android 6.0.1. any ideas?
    +1 aka I'm running into the same issue.
    02-20-18 02:15 PM
    The new Keyboard seems to have issues on some device types. Is is related to some native libraries that can't be copied to the device during installation process.

Unfortunately, I can't fix that with patching. I hope that our friends at BlackBerry are reading this and can step in with a fix.
    02-20-18 03:24 PM
    The new Keyboard seems to have issues on some device types. Is is related to some native libraries that can't be copied to the device during installation process.

Unfortunately, I can't fix that with patching. I hope that our friends at BlackBerry are reading this and can step in with a fix.
    I see. Oh well it certainly helps. Hopefully it gets fixed. Thank you again for looking into it.
    02-20-18 05:21 PM
    [QUOTE=prateek.samtani;13140683]Another help required, I use sms organizer from Microsoft but it does not open from the hub. It just shows me a blank and sort of new message box rather than the sms.

I am on oreo on oneplus 5T[/QUOTE @cobalt any idea on this issue ?
    02-20-18 11:44 PM
    You should post this information to one of the running Hub+ threads. The issue is not related to patching.
    02-22-18 11:13 AM
    A new Keyboard is available (3.2.0.14529). Not sure if it is a beta, so I uploaded it to the repo.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-22-18 04:26 PM
    You should post this information to one of the running Hub+ threads. The issue is not related to patching.
    Okie thanks.
    02-22-18 10:13 PM
    A new Keyboard is available (3.2.0.14529). Not sure if it is a beta, so I uploaded it to the repo.
    Getting the message my phone is not compatible with the app when trying to intall the keyboard in S8 running Android 7...
    Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-screenshot_20180223-091211.jpg  
    02-23-18 07:14 AM
    Update through BBManager works perfectly... I am on OP5...
    02-23-18 07:36 AM
6,064 ... 212213214215216 ...