Really?
    Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-1466540000335.jpg  
    louzer, Uzi, gafpilot and 1 others like this.
    06-21-16 03:13 PM
    I have the G4 too, and have experienced battery problems with newest version of Services, as well as other issues. I have a feeling that the LG 6.0 (which we are stuck on) is the issue, and until they update us to 6.0.1 or beyond, things won't be right re the PRIV apps. I have uninstalled all but the BlackBerry keyboard.
    I have posted here re these issues, and have received no replies, but if there is a solution out there (especially if there are some hub widgets that become non-priv available), I will definitely reinstall Cobalt's apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Unfortunately, my G4 fell victim to the boot loop issue so it is now on its way to LG for repair. I am sad that I will be without it for a while but I think LG repairing it is a better alternative to getting a refurbished phone from Verizon. In the meantime, I am back to using my Z10. Hopefully when I get my phone back I can reload everything and it will work correctly.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 03:48 PM
    Cobalt - thank you SO much for this. I had been clinging to my Z30 way beyond time just because I didn't want to let the hub go. Now I have everything up and running like a dream on the S6. I can't believe it. I've donated - very happy to pay for this stuff. Shame BB don't offer it directly.

One small thing - text messages don't seem to be working properly in the hub. I see them OK, but when I tap to read them I get sent straight to 'New message' instead seeing the message. It happens on most but not all SMS that I receive. I can read the messages OK by using the native Message app but this seems a bit odd. Any ideas?
    06-22-16 05:31 AM
    For me, Google Messenger works better than the native Samsung sms app. Maybe give it a try.
    06-22-16 06:50 AM
    Great job Cobalt. Unfortunately my device still runs on android 5.1. I cant get HUB to work without Blackberry Services, any way i can get the previous version which worked for Android 5.1? Thanks
    06-22-16 11:06 AM
    Thank you! I'm so new to Android I didn't realise there were different apps for text messaging. Downloaded Google Messenger, set it to default and I can read all my messages just fine from the hub.

Thank you once again. You have NO idea how happy this thread has made me.
    06-22-16 11:10 AM
    Great job Cobalt. Unfortunately my device still runs on android 5.1. I cant get HUB to work without Blackberry Services, any way i can get the previous version which worked for Android 5.1? Thanks
    Check the mirror link in the first post. The 5.1.1 versions are in the recent folder.
    06-22-16 12:38 PM
    How to configure oneA9 to stock Android? Thanks in advance.
    06-22-16 03:24 PM
    How to configure oneA9 to stock Android? Thanks in advance.
    Read the instructions!!! Post #1
    06-22-16 03:34 PM
    Couldn't find out that post emoji58, plz help
    06-22-16 04:02 PM
    06-22-16 04:50 PM
    Cobalt,
    Thanks for making the updates so easy! I just had a notification that the Blackberry Manager had an update yesterday and quickly & easily updated all of the software.
    Today, I was reading a story about an update to Google's 2 factor authentication, which i use. When I updated my settings, my google account was showing that my phone was a Blackberry Priv.
    Since I had the Priv, for a hot second, I thought it was an old entry and tried to delete that phone, since I now have a S7E. I tried to remove it and then google would ask for my password and authenticator code, essentially I was caught in a loop.

It wasn't until I attempted this update to Google 2FA via a desktop that I noticed that due to the BB software that it shows up as a Priv on Google.

So, don't be alarmed if you have this software installed and you go to make an adjustment to your google authentication setup
    Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-screenshot_20160622-223334.jpg
    David Valuja likes this.
    06-22-16 09:55 PM
    No longer needed. Blackberry removed the battery critical parts.
    BlackBerry services is consuming 19% of my batt. Do I still need the telemetry fix?
    06-23-16 04:50 AM
    There is no telemetry stuff anymore...bb removed it
    06-23-16 04:53 AM
    There is no telemetry stuff anymore...bb removed it
    Wonder what's wrong with my phone. Power consumption for BlackBerry service is high after the update. LG G 4
    06-23-16 05:17 AM
    Im on 5.1 ive download the recent files, my problem is BlackBerry service "file not available"

06-23-16 06:30 AM
    Cobalt just to know, I have your BlackBerry Apps installed on several devices one of them is still on 5.1.1 my wife GS5. She selected the update for the manager and since it's had the only for MM message she deleted the manager and kept the individual Apps. I guess there will be no more 5.1.1 updates so no need for the manager and all app needed to be fixed can be downloaded from the mirror.
    To avoid confusion and complaining it will be great if you put the last 5.1.1 manager on the cloud in case a factory wipe is needed.
    Also if you can place a direct link for this manager on the first post so the new comers on 5.1.1 will select that one and have the ease of using the BlackBerry manager instead of downloading one by one from the cloud. This will help them do app fixes with ease.
    Thanks for your great work.

On a side note the other only person I knew personally who was a BlackBerry die hard like me (my best friend) just dropped his Z10 due to the Facebook and WhatsApp issue, AT&T has no Priv to offer and the Priv is too fragile for his line of work, he came to me with his new GS7 active very sad from leaving BlackBerry but impressed with the speed and feel of the GS7 active. I installed your APPS on his phone and he was really happy. Now he can live with Samsung until BlackBerry releases a phone for his needs or survive the BlackBerry addiction withdrawal.

06-23-16 09:10 AM
    God knows why Blackberry locked down the Blackberry Messenger that much, but anyway. This version is patched to integrate into the hub:

Blackberry Messenger 2.12.0.9:
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...0.9-cobalt.apk

Instructions:
    1. Remove existing Blackberry Messenger
    2. Install patched Blackberry Messenger

Do not try to update your existing Blackberry Messenger with the patched version. It won't work because of signature mismatch.

Attachment 391842

Does it support built-in ads?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 11:53 AM
    I have a S6 Active but it's on BES 12.4. Can I use the BB apps in this setup? I installed all following the guide but since they installed in the personal work space they don't see the BES mail account. How can I make this work with BES 12 installed?

Thanks,

Roveer
    06-23-16 02:14 PM
    Wonder what's wrong with my phone. Power consumption for BlackBerry service is high after the update. LG G 4
    I had exact same issue on my G4, and until it is resolved, I will not be using BB services. I am guessing that if and when LG rolls out 6.0.1, the issues (battery, calender crash) will go away.

06-24-16 02:34 AM
    BlackBerry Services constantly crashing on me. Once BlackBerry Services installed, then I install the HUB. Once I boot the hub, BlackBerry Services crashes. After that, every couple minutes, I get the crash message again.

Running Android 6.0.1 on Samsung S5.
    Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-1466774141516.jpg  
    06-24-16 08:15 AM
    BlackBerry Services constantly crashing on me. Once BlackBerry Services installed, then I install the HUB. Once I boot the hub, BlackBerry Services crashes. After that, every couple minutes, I get the crash message again.

Sorry to hear that. Don't know how to fix your problem, but I also have a GS5 with 6.0.1 and BB services and HUB are working perfectly. I'd try uninstalling all BB apps and reinstalling all of them again, starting by services.
    06-24-16 11:04 AM

Disable any Samsung app that uses Samsung accounts. Remove the Samsung account.
    06-24-16 12:17 PM
    I was successful in getting BB Priv apps on my Samsung S6 Active With BES 12. I had to install them in the KNOX secure work space which meant distributing them from the server side.

2 things I'm having trouble with

(2 accounts on BB HUB) Work email and a Gmail account

Problem One: Work Email - No notifications
    Gmail Account - Notifications seem to work fine

Problem Two: Can't seem to get the BB Keyboard working with BB HUB. It's working on all other NON BB Apps. Does not pop up on any BB apps, instead I get the Samsung keyboard. Have hunted all around and set everything I can to BB Keyboard. Must be missing something.

Any help is appreciated.

Roveer
    06-24-16 05:15 PM
    Thank you again Cobalt. I've been using your workarounds for a few years now. This one has let me put the BB keyboard on my Nexus 5. And now a Nexus 5X that I just got.

06-24-16 07:13 PM
6,064 ... 99100101102103 ...