Productivity Edge requires root access. I don't support apps that want to run in root context. And you shouldn't either if you care about security.
    What about the BlackBerry service update when will that come out?
    05-19-16 07:24 AM
    What update? My apps are the latest available from Play Store. If an update get available, you will be notified in BlackBerry Manager.
    05-19-16 07:28 AM
    What update? My apps are the latest available from Play Store. If an update get available, you will be notified in BlackBerry Manager.
    I am talking about your BlackBerry service fix can you push that through the manager?
    05-19-16 07:29 AM
    It will be included for all in the next services update.
    05-19-16 08:03 AM
    So this is how my sms group messages appear in the hub. No sender name and no message preview. Has anyone else experienced this or found a fix yet? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and have all my BlackBerry manager apps up to date. I've also tried switching my default messaging app with no luck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-4122.jpg  
    05-19-16 08:19 AM
    sorry but i couldn't read the whole thread so i don't know if someone has commented about this already... has anyone installed the hub in a htc 10? and if so, how does it work? thanks in advance!
    05-19-16 08:27 AM
    So this is how my sms group messages appear in the hub. No sender name and no message preview. Has anyone else experienced this or found a fix yet? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and have all my BlackBerry manager apps up to date. I've also tried switching my default messaging app with no luck.

Are those SMS messages from individuals or group texts. With the Messages app, the Hub only shows contact info and a message preview for text message conversations with an individual - not for group conversations.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the edge
    05-19-16 10:16 AM
    Great job Cobalt. I installed the app and everything worked fine for my Meizu Metal. But the launcher drains my battery heavily and at some point became really laggy. Hub also was laggy for me also and sometimes I have to unlock the phone to get notifications. It's really nice to have the BlackBerry experience again and for this I might consider getting the Vienna if and when it launches.
    05-19-16 01:21 PM
    Blackberry Contacts is crashing as soon as i open it
    (after I have gone through the introduction pages or clicked skip on them)

Please help

This is on a HTC One M9 - Android 5.1.1

Attachment 400125
    Attachment 400126
    Any help please
    05-19-16 02:50 PM
    For all LG G4 owners:

Use the patched calendar from this thread: List of working Blackberry APKs | BlackBerry Priv

It works under MM.
    Yes, I can confirm that this version of BlackBerry Calendar works*** on my LG G4 running MM together with the apps from Cobalt 's BB Mgr, except for BB Device Search, which closes as soon as it opens, with no error message.

*** I later discovered that there is a problem with received calendar invitations. These do not open up in the Calendar app, and therefore can't be directly accepted. Instead, an alert appears saying that there's a problem with permissions. Upon checking the application's permissions, I found that 3 second-tier permissions for Blackberry productivity Suite can't be sent to "on" .

Last edited by saescott; 05-23-16 at 06:43 AM.
    05-19-16 06:06 PM
    Use the messenger app from google play, it works well in the hub and disable the stock message app . Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.messaging
    05-20-16 06:51 AM
    I am now not getting any spark/hub notifications for Facebook on my S7 EDGE...all permissions set, all apps installed correctly, all notifications on facebook set properly...

Possible it has something to do with Facebook being a pre installed app on Samsung devices??

Anyone else with this issue? All other apps work just fine...
    05-20-16 07:47 AM
    Use the messenger app from google play, it works well in the hub and disable the stock message app . Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.messaging
    This does not seem to work for me. I set Google messenger as my default app, uninstalled the hub, restarted my device, reinstalled the hub, downloaded telemetry fix for services, with still no luck. I may just be the unlucky soul whose phone doesn't play well with the hub...

05-20-16 07:54 AM
    I am now not getting any spark/hub notifications for Facebook on my S7 EDGE...all permissions set, all apps installed correctly, all notifications on facebook set properly...

Possible it has something to do with Facebook being a pre installed app on Samsung devices??

Do you get spark notifications for other messages? Is Blackberry Launcher installed?
    05-20-16 09:14 AM
    Do you get spark notifications for other messages? Is Blackberry Launcher installed?
    Yup. Blackberry launcher installed, all other applications working flawlessly.
    05-20-16 09:17 AM

Try logging out of FB and back in. If I recall, I only got notifications for FB when I installed it after I installed Hub and all the other BlackBerry apps.
    05-20-16 09:45 AM
    Try logging out of FB and back in. If I recall, I only got notifications for FB when I installed it after I installed Hub and all the other BlackBerry apps.
    Great suggestion, but...Samsung doesn't allow a full uninstall of Facebook, it's baked into the OS. I have logged out and in to no avail.
    05-20-16 09:52 AM
    Great suggestion, but...Samsung doesn't allow a full uninstall of Facebook, it's baked into the OS. I have logged out and in to no avail.
    Ugh. Which carrier forces FB as a system app? I deleted it quickly from my VZW S7 edge
    05-20-16 10:31 AM
    Ugh. Which carrier forces FB as a system app? I deleted it quickly from my VZW S7 edge
    It's still available even if you delete..this is the AT&T variant.

But, ultimately I want spark/hub to work for Facebook as I use it all day for business and personal.
    05-20-16 10:35 AM
    It's still available even if you delete..this is the AT&T variant.

But, ultimately I want spark/hub to work for Facebook as I use it all day for business and personal.
    It was never pre-installed on my device.
    05-20-16 11:10 AM
    i am/was seriously considering the htc 10, even with no physical kb, with the idea to install the hub... but reading through the thread, despite the great work and effort from cobalt, i have the impression that the results could vary a lot from user to user, and there are some problems with stability... in light of that, since for me the hub is very important, i will hang in there with the priv, which is not a bad device at all... keep the hard work cobalt, even when i won't use your method for the moment, i will donate something for showing so much commitment to bb users... thanks a lot for that
    05-20-16 11:26 AM
    This does not seem to work for me. I set Google messenger as my default app, uninstalled the hub, restarted my device, reinstalled the hub, downloaded telemetry fix for services, with still no luck. I may just be the unlucky soul whose phone doesn't play well with the hub...

You're not the only one, the same thing happens to me with group sms chats. Doesn't matter what messenger I used. Tried stock, messenger, textra, and some other one I can't remember. I have an LG v10. Happened on 5.1.1 and 6.0

05-20-16 01:15 PM
    Go for a Nexus 5x. No need to worry about bloatware and quick (security) updates. Works very good.

BTW.

Anybody seen a list of the Apps that do have their notifications show up in the hub? Maybe twitter client other than the native one?
    05-21-16 12:09 AM
    I uninstalled as much FB as I could from my S7e and reinstalled FB from the Play store and that got my messages flowing and the spark working.
    05-21-16 06:38 AM
    I uninstalled as much FB as I could from my S7e and reinstalled FB from the Play store and that got my messages flowing and the spark working.
    Please elaborate on "how much FB you uninstalled"
    05-21-16 06:48 AM
6,064 ... 7980818283 ...