Could somebody please answer. I found no reference to activation of bb email service through the Hub , is it possible. If yes how ? An email from the it department with user email + activation password will work ?
    04-27-16 11:26 AM
    It's Facebook and Twitter causing the BlackBerry stopping, i had to delete FB and Twitter to let BlackBerry apps work, dilemma choice

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-27-16 11:27 AM
    Did you ever figure this out? I also just updated to the latest apps, and I always get the notification that "Accounts not syncing" Your messages are not being synced. I've reinstalled all of the apps, checked all the permissions. Everything was working perfectly prior to updating the apps.
    04-27-16 11:30 AM
    It's Facebook and Twitter causing the BlackBerry stopping, i had to delete FB and Twitter to let BlackBerry apps work, dilemma choice

That's crazy. My fiance would strangle me if I deleted Facebook off her GS5 lol
    04-27-16 11:40 AM
    Blackberry Services and the Hub were crashing for me after the updates. It definitely has something to do with facebook and twitter... I deleted/disabled facebook and twitter, and then re-downloaded the apps. Once re-downloaded, I turned off the Hub's retrieval of notifications for facebook and twitter... and all works again. As long as the Hub is not retrieving for facebook and twitter, it works. For Cobalt: the previous version worked perfectly fine. I'm on a Galaxy S6 android 6.0.1. No permissions were changed. Allowed everything when prompted, and enabled the options step by step as presented in the blackberry manager instructions.

UPDATE: Nevermind, you must be logged out of twitter for it to not crash. As long as you are logged in, the HUB will CONSTANTLY attempt to get you to authorize its use, and it crashes.
    Last edited by mkonop5; 04-27-16 at 12:02 PM.
    04-27-16 11:48 AM
    Very anoying... Everytime when an update comes is worst than previous . I really regret that i updated the apps

Bbnivende likes this.
    04-27-16 11:49 AM
    PS
    And the ****ty lollipop doesn't allow to change permissions

04-27-16 11:50 AM
    Now even the keyboard stop working... Rubbish update

04-27-16 11:59 AM
    I deleted facebook and all facebook services on a rooted S7 Edge and reinstalled all via BB manager and all works fine now.
    Reinstalled facebook from the playstore, and denied Galaxy **** access to facebook.
    Stable for now
    04-27-16 12:00 PM

Twitter kills it but a twitter client (I'm using TweetCaster) works just fine.

04-27-16 12:10 PM
    I have cobalt's patched apps running smoothly on a DuOS 5.1.1 installation on my Surface Pro 3. Really cool to have full Android with hub on a PC. Added benefit is that all PKB shortcuts work like on the PRIV. This may be the only way to get PKB functionality on a non-BB Android installation.
    mavsguy842 likes this.
    04-27-16 12:22 PM
    A lot of people seem to be having issues with the new apps. I removed all apps from my device (Samsung Galaxy S6), rebooted and installed everything from scratch. Everything works as expected. I still believe that the problems are related to not following the installing instructions.

I will again explain how I installed the apps on my device. Follow the steps EXACTLY or things may not work. This setup is for a device that has NO Blackberry apps installed. If you already have Blackberry apps installed, remove them ALL and reboot your device. Then follow the steps below.

1. Pre-requisite
    - Turn ON the ability to install apps from 3rd party sources
    - Turn OFF any kind of Antivirus or Security app (you can enable it again after you installed all apps)

2. Install Blackberry Manager
    - Go to BlackBerry Manager by cobalt232
    - Install BlackBerry Manager and run the app

3. Install Blackberry Services (This step is ABSOLUTELY crucial. BB Services MUST be the first app that you install)
    - Hit the BlackBerry Sevices icon and let the app download. After installation completed, click finish

4. Setting basic Permission
    - LONG click the BlackBerry Services Icon in BlackBerry Manager. The App details dialog will be displayed
    - Turn on all permission that are displayed (Calendar, Contacts, SMS, Storage, Location, Phone and one additonal permission)
    - Hit the back key and go back to BlackBerry Manager

5. Setting additional Permissions
    - In BlackBerry Manager, go to top right menu and choose Instructions
    - Click on "Notification Permissions" and enable notification permission
    - Click on "Admin Permissons" and enable if is is displayed in the list (may not be available for all apps)
    - Hit the back key

6. Installing all other apps
    - Install all other apps in the same way and be sure to run through Step 4 and 5 for every app that you install.

Hope that this helps.

Remember: The BlackBerry apps have been developed for Android 5.1.1 and Android 6.x. They may not work on a device with other Android versions!
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 04-27-16 at 01:36 PM.
    04-27-16 01:15 PM
    Hey All, Since the last update my clock widget does not keep time . It simply displays the time that I enabled the widget but does not keep time after that ....? Also before the update I was running Pro Clock 7 for a month or so with all the Priv apps installed and no clock problems. After the update the PC7 would also not keep time . Even widgets like the flashlight wont work, they are displayed but not functional . If I remove all BB apps related BB items and go back to stock all widgets work fine ...? ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE
    04-27-16 01:19 PM
    Hi Cobalt , After long press on BB Services I see permissions and a list but I see no way to turn these permissions on/off . The list is simply telling me what the app is capable of . What am I missing ? Thanks in advance. Running on a Note 4 with Lollipop 5.1.1
    04-27-16 01:32 PM
    Was the calendar widget removed?
    04-27-16 01:32 PM
    Hi Cobalt , After long press on BB Services I see permissions and a list but I see no way to turn these permissions on/off . The list is simply telling me what the app is capable of . What am I missing ? Thanks in advance
    On Android 5.1.1 the permissions may be set automatically during installation. If you can't enable then, they may be already set. On Android 6.x, they must be set manually.
    04-27-16 01:35 PM
    Was the calendar widget removed?
    No the calendar Widget is available .Also just noticed that the BB apps that have pop up widgets act the same way , they show , the widget, but the widgets are non responsive ?
    Last edited by richard bedford; 04-27-16 at 01:59 PM.
    04-27-16 01:42 PM
    No the calendar Widget is available .Also just noticed that the BB apps that have pop up widgets act the same way , they show , the widget, but the widgets are non responsive ?
    All widget are running. Check my post above about how to correctly install the apps.
    04-27-16 02:08 PM
    Ok , so i uninstalled BB Launcher and left all other BB apps in place and all widgets work fine using Touch Wiz ( stock phone launcher). Something in the BB Launcher update isnt playing nice on my Note 4. As I stated earlier I had been running for about a month with absolutely no problems . Hope it can be remedied I love the whole package that Cobalt put together , would really like to be able to use the launcher .
    04-27-16 02:17 PM
    All widget are running. Check my post above about how to correctly install the apps.
    Thanks Cobalt , I followed your install step by step. As I mentioned Im running Lollipop 5.1.1 and all permissions in step 4 have no on/off selection other than that all was follwed exactly as you outlined
    04-27-16 02:22 PM
    Thanks cobalt232! New BlackBerry Hub update add instagram!!!!! 🙌

can you also add theme options in BlackBerry keyboard? so everyone can change with their own favourite images
    04-27-16 02:24 PM
    Thanks for your work updating all these Cobalt!

On my Moto Droid Turbo 2 running MM, I just clicked update and reinstalled over the older versions... all seems good so far. Actually things are better, as before the update, if I restarted my phone I would have to go back into most of the BlackBerry App Permissions and re-toggle the "Additional Permissions" back on, as they would always turn back off. Now they are staying on, and I haven't seen a BlackBerry Service crash.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    04-27-16 02:34 PM
    A lot of people seem to be having issues with the new apps. I removed all apps from my device (Samsung Galaxy S6), rebooted and installed everything from scratch. Everything works as expected. I still believe that the problems are related to not following the installing instructions.

I will again explain how I installed the apps on my device. Follow the steps EXACTLY or things may not work. This setup is for a device that has NO Blackberry apps installed. If you already have Blackberry apps installed, remove them ALL and reboot your device. Then follow the steps below.

1. Pre-requisite
    - Turn ON the ability to install apps from 3rd party sources
    - Turn OFF any kind of Antivirus or Security app (you can enable it again after you installed all apps)

2. Install Blackberry Manager
    - Go to BlackBerry Manager by cobalt232
    - Install BlackBerry Manager and run the app

3. Install Blackberry Services (This step is ABSOLUTELY crucial. BB Services MUST be the first app that you install)
    - Hit the BlackBerry Sevices icon and let the app download. After installation completed, click finish

4. Setting basic Permission
    - LONG click the BlackBerry Services Icon in BlackBerry Manager. The App details dialog will be displayed
    - Turn on all permission that are displayed (Calendar, Contacts, SMS, Storage, Location, Phone and one additonal permission)
    - Hit the back key and go back to BlackBerry Manager

5. Setting additional Permissions
    - In BlackBerry Manager, go to top right menu and choose Instructions
    - Click on "Notification Permissions" and enable notification permission
    - Click on "Admin Permissons" and enable if is is displayed in the list (may not be available for all apps)
    - Hit the back key

6. Installing all other apps
    - Install all other apps in the same way and be sure to run through Step 4 and 5 for every app that you install.

Hope that this helps.

Remember: The BlackBerry apps have been developed for Android 5.1.1 and Android 6.x. They may not work on a device with other Android versions!
    Nope , doesn't work for me . Can we get the previous version ?

04-27-16 03:01 PM

Wow, same here. I did it exactly and still the same thing. Services keeps closing and the Hub has multiple Facebook entries.
    04-27-16 03:21 PM

Yes , did not work for me either. Oh well , at least the VKB works. How about two threads, one for the old and one for the new version.
    04-27-16 03:50 PM
6,064 ... 6566676869 ...