anything I miss here ?
    thks
    Don't know the solution but that happened to me with bb10
    02-25-16 09:41 PM
    when using the bb calendar and sync to an outside calendar it seems that
    appointments are one hour off does not happen with standard phone calendar
    anything I miss here ?
    thks
    Had this problem as well on my z10. Turned out outlook had a different time zone than what was set on the phone. Check if that's the case.

Posted via  Z❿
    02-26-16 08:01 AM
    Shame on failure to support push notifications for Gmail and iCloud. It would have been perfect.
    Anyway, thanks for the good work!
    Does this mean that I'm not the only one who can't get push working? I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the BlackBerry apps as well as all my accounts with no luck. Everything else works great but no push. Would someone confirm this or please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
    02-26-16 10:35 AM
    just installed on my Samsung edge 6+. the first night, I was receiving SMS fine in the hub. now nothing is showing up.. any fixes?
    02-26-16 11:36 PM
    Check permissions
    02-27-16 06:21 AM
    I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge to Android 6.0.1 (official update). All apps are working as before with 5.1.1. There seems to be no impact on functionality with Android 6.0.1.

It is very important that you MANUALLY grant all permissions to every single app that you install, otherwise it will not work (i.e. force close).
    02-27-16 07:50 AM
    I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge to Android 6.0.1 (official update). All apps are working as before with 5.1.1. There seems to be no impact on functionality with Android 6.0.1.

It is very important that you MANUALLY grant all permissions to every single app that you install, otherwise it will not work (i.e. force close).
    What I was waiting to hear before grabbing a S6 edge myself. Thanks Cobalt!
    02-27-16 08:14 AM

Can you tell me what permissions you have for the calendar please? It's the only one I can't get to work but I know it's nothing to do with my android version as a different apk for calendar works.
    02-27-16 08:15 AM
    Here are my permissions:
    Attached Thumbnails Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-1456583954937.jpg  
    02-27-16 08:39 AM
    The additional 3 permissions are not set.
    02-27-16 08:40 AM
    Same as what I have set.
    The calendar app still doesn't work when I download it through the manager. Hmm. Will have to play with it
    02-27-16 08:48 AM
    Right if I disable the calendar permission I don't get the "Unfortunately calendar has stopped" message. But then the calendar is useless.
    The other permissions have no effect on that message.
    Any ideas why this apk is not playing nicely with my calendar services?
    Tried wiping the cache.
    02-27-16 09:08 AM
    No idea. I use the full BlackBerry stack and added all accounts in BlackBerry hub. Also I turned off all device account sync options.
    02-27-16 09:19 AM
    Right if I disable the calendar permission I don't get the "Unfortunately calendar has stopped" message. But then the calendar is useless.
    The other permissions have no effect on that message.
    Any ideas why this apk is not playing nicely with my calendar services?
    Tried wiping the cache.
    I also set all permissions but I Just noticed that the Last 3 are not sticking! If you back from the secondary screen, those settings will remain disabled =( maybe thats why its not working in si me devices, can someone else check this behaviour? Im using an LG G4

Update: This is happening with all the other apps too, not sure if a problem with no LG G4 or only with the BlackBerry apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-27-16 11:09 AM
    I also set all permissions but I Just noticed that the Last 3 are not sticking! If you back from the secondary screen, those settings will remain disabled =( maybe thats why its not working in si me devices, can someone else check this behaviour? Im using an LG G4

Update: This is happening with all the other apps too, not sure if a problem with no LG G4 or only with the BlackBerry apps

No cobalt confirmed that these permissions do not need to be set

If you try disabling the calendar permission does it let you open it successfully?
    02-27-16 11:18 AM
    My quick launch icons and my soft keys overlap so it's really hard to use my quick launch icons...I am using the BlackBerry Launcher on an Xperia C5 Ultra. Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?Attachment 392357
    I looked again into the launcher, specifically into the part where the available screen size is calculated. There method that I currently use doesn't seem to work on all devices. This screenshot above is a result of a wrong determination of available screen size. So I reworked that part again, this time with a new approach.

Here is a new version that uses the modified detection method. It works on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, but I need some feedback from other devices. So if your home screen is a mess, you should give this a try.

Blackberry Hub 1.0.0.4082 (Build 3)
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...-cobalt-B3.apk
    02-27-16 01:29 PM
    Just a note to people that want to set their sync to Never, know that you will only get notifications when you refresh the app, they will not be automatic I have tried this on both an exchange account and on an outlook.com and Gmail account

From me to you
    02-27-16 01:53 PM
    ...but I need some feedback from other devices.....

Blackberry Launcher 1.0.0.4082 (Build 3)
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...-cobalt-B3.apk

Seems to work of on my tab4. My screen is not a mess, just awkward looking with the column and row spacing seemingly ported over from what works with the Priv.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    02-27-16 02:22 PM
    This ability to download BlackBerry apps on Android intrigues me! But from reading the thread I wonder if it's legal???

I am interested in getting the Priv. But it looks like I could get a Samsung Galaxy 6S edge and still get all the BlackBerry goodness.

Question - Is the Priv more secure? Doesn't BlackBerry have the CPU somehow coded or registered to use BlackBerry servers for a more secure phone?

Not trying to diss Cobalt's work - just trying to figure out which way to go!

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 02:45 PM
    This ability to download BlackBerry apps on Android intrigues me! But from reading the thread I wonder if it's legal???

I am interested in getting the Priv. But it looks like I could get a Samsung Galaxy 6S edge and still get all the BlackBerry goodness.

Question - Is the Priv more secure? Doesn't BlackBerry have the CPU somehow coded or registered to use BlackBerry servers for a more secure phone?

Not trying to diss Cobalt's work - just trying to figure out which way to go!

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    The apps do not make it secure.
    You can have BlackBerry apps but the priv will still have the security.

This is no different then when people put HTC's or other oems apps on bb10 through the android run time
    02-27-16 02:51 PM
    Thanks Darkehawk.

Maybe I will toy with Colbalt's method of installing Google playstore on my passport instead!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 03:08 PM
    My swift keys and quick launch icons on my Sony Xperia C5 Ultra don't overlap anymore! Thanks Cobalt.
    Before:
    Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-screenshot_2016-02-27-15-55-56.jpg
    After:
    Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-screenshot_2016-02-27-16-10-28.jpg
    02-27-16 03:28 PM
    Tried it on my Z10 and I got the unable to install this app message. Guess it won't work on BB10...

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-27-16 04:00 PM
    Android 5.0 or better only.
    02-27-16 04:30 PM
    Just a note to people that want to set their sync to Never, know that you will only get notifications when you refresh the app, they will not be automatic I have tried this on both an exchange account and on an outlook.com and Gmail account

From me to you
    I get around this problem by pinning the Hub after viewing recently viewed apps via the square soft key. This allows the hub to stay open even after closing all apps. This way, I have no problem getting emails and alerts even when the phone is shut off after having dismissed the hub.

02-28-16 02:11 AM
6,064 ... 2223242526 ...