Hey... I have a blackberry keyone from a while actually but I have some issues with using snapchat the camera resolution is too bad in it and also when someone post a snap there's a space from the edges gone like the pictures is zoomed in but it's not also when I sent some snaps there's a black blank space in top and bottom of the screen when my friends see it... and even the filters like my place and these stuff they just appear like a half and half under screen which even look like that for my friends... and I have one more question when oreo update will be available for a it?
    06-07-18 08:27 PM
    Any solution?
    06-10-18 12:17 PM
    Snapchat is bad on many devices, they've even tried rebuilding it from the ground up. I have no experience with it myself, all I know is what I've read.
    06-10-18 01:44 PM
    SnapChat, the Android version, is a poorly written app from a technical point-of-view. They don't want to take the effort to correctly support non-popular phones, so on a lot of devices, instead of capturing the actual camera data, they simply take a screenshot of the phone's display, which is a MUCH lower resolution version of the picture. Android has had a modern Camera API for a couple of versions now, but SnapChat isn't using it. I'm sure they will eventually, but they're struggling as a company right now too, so that's also a contributing factor.
    06-10-18 05:22 PM
    SnapChat, the Android version, is a poorly written app from a technical point-of-view. They don't want to take the effort to correctly support non-popular phones, so on a lot of devices, instead of capturing the actual camera data, they simply take a screenshot of the phone's display, which is a MUCH lower resolution version of the picture. Android has had a modern Camera API for a couple of versions now, but SnapChat isn't using it. I'm sure they will eventually, but they're struggling as a company right now too, so that's also a contributing factor.
    They support Android's Camera1 API as of a few months ago but the Keyone's issues likely have more to do with the 3:2 aspect ratio.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/news...tware-0183974/
    06-10-18 07:39 PM