I use the swipe-down notification shade to view Whatsapp messages and they open perfectly in the app. But once I've dealt with them I always find the same message in the Hub. Why aren't they automatically marked as read? It's pretty annoying.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-21-16 05:38 PM
    try having whats app msgs on hub only rather than both ( in settings).
    02-22-16 01:15 AM
    I have the same issue and vice versa. When receiving 3 msg in a group it shows 3 separate new messages in hub after reading them in whatsapp.
    02-23-16 01:46 PM
    It's a known "issue" right from the release of the Priv, the majority of reviews also mentioned this. AFAIK it has to do with how the Hub is built. Since it is just a seperate app, both BlackBerry as well as an app developer need to adjust their apps to work correctly. BlackBerry done their part as in supporting WhatsApp for the Hub, but WhatsApp also need to update their app in order to fully support Hub integration.

Maybe I got it wrong though, but that is the basic situation. You always need to clear things twice, one of the reasons why some people just deactivated their Hub and use other apps instead.
    BhargavaBVN likes this.
    02-24-16 08:46 AM
    Yes the issue is having to mark items as read twice. Sometimes after reading whatsapp msg in the app, hub has a new msg notification, but when opening it there's nothing new and after closing it the notification is gone.
    02-25-16 12:19 AM
    Yes the issue is having to mark items as read twice. Sometimes after reading whatsapp msg in the app, hub has a new msg notification, but when opening it there's nothing new and after closing it the notification is gone.
    As already said, it is a problem which most likely needs to be adressed not only by BlackBerry, but also WhatsApp. There is no "solution" at the moment and every Priv owner has to live with it.
    02-25-16 02:19 AM
    try having whats app msgs on hub only rather than both ( in settings).
    Where to do the setting?

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    03-02-16 11:09 AM