I started poking around today to see if Google Maps would run on My Classic and Q10. I found my way to the cobalt posts and installed his 3 files including the google play store. Quite amazing stuff.

I then installed google maps from the app store and got the messages and notifications about wanting another google component. I then found that you can't install that component but rather have to patch the maps apk. I also read that some had sucess with the classic just installing the latest maps and did not receive the nag msgs. Is that true?

In any event, where can I find the latest google maps apk that I can patch and install. I tried a few from Maps APKs - APKMirror

They patched and installed just fine but when I ran them the app started but I never got a map.

Seems like I'm pretty close, just need a little direction on this one.

Thanks,

Roveer
    05-31-16 07:36 PM
    I started poking around today to see if Google Maps would run on My Classic and Q10. I found my way to the cobalt posts and installed his 3 files including the google play store. Quite amazing stuff.

I then installed google maps from the app store and got the messages and notifications about wanting another google component. I then found that you can't install that component but rather have to patch the maps apk. I also read that some had sucess with the classic just installing the latest maps and did not receive the nag msgs. Is that true?

In any event, where can I find the latest google maps apk that I can patch and install. I tried a few from Maps APKs - APKMirror

They patched and installed just fine but when I ran them the app started but I never got a map.

Seems like I'm pretty close, just need a little direction on this one.

Thanks,

Roveer
    Get the latest from Google Play Store. It will be the correct one for your device. Then patch with Cobalt's Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    05-31-16 07:56 PM
    Get the latest from Google Play Store. It will be the correct one for your device. Then patch with Cobalt's Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    I must be missing something. If I download from the play store on my BB how do I gain access to the apk file to patch?
    05-31-16 08:35 PM
    I must be missing something. If I download from the play store on my BB how do I gain access to the apk file to patch?
    It places it in your downloads folder. Then transfer to PC, patch, transfer back, delete installed unpatched app, and install patched apk.

Take a look at your PM.
    05-31-16 08:49 PM
    It places it in your downloads folder. Then transfer to PC, patch, transfer back, delete installed unpatched app, and install patched apk.

Take a look at your PM.
    I followed your directions and it seems to have worked. I also did one other thing. When I patched it said that it would require a patched version of the gms apk so I went back to cobalts page and downloaded and installed his latest gms.

After that it seems to work now.

Not sure what you sent in PM but nothing showed up.

Roveer
    05-31-16 09:35 PM
    How to patch on pc

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 03:51 PM