I am using the Madefire app that allows me to buy, download and read books through the app. I am now trying to find out where the app is downloading the books to see if I can use a differnet app to read them (the built-in reader is somewhat limited).

I am having some difficulty locating these books though. In the past, I accessed an Android app's data by opening the File Manager and navigating to misc/android/Android/data/<app name>/ and it was there.
    I don't see a directory for the app though and I can't find those books anywhere else in File Manager. I'm suspecting that the books are being stored somewhere that is not accessible by File Manager.

Finally, I tried to ask the developer for help but their support insisted that I can't do what I want and that I can only access those books through the app.

Please can anyone help me find out where those books are being downloaded to and/or access them without the app. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    10-14-16 09:41 AM
    I found that using an Android File Manager like Ghost Commander... usually worked better.

That said.. most apps that are dealing with "protected" documents, make it hard to just grab some file that you would be able to manipulate outside of the app.
    10-14-16 09:47 AM
    Maybe they're only stored in a cloud?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 09:44 AM
    Thank you for the replies.
    I found that using an Android File Manager like Ghost Commander... usually worked better.

That said.. most apps that are dealing with "protected" documents, make it hard to just grab some file that you would be able to manipulate outside of the app.
    I am aware of that benefit of an Android file manager. I just haven't needed it so far.

Are you saying that what I am asking for is not possible or is there a way (but difficult)?

And no, the books are not cloud based. If I buy a book, the only option I have for that book in the app is to "get". After I've "downloaded" it, I now have the options to either read or remove the book. Also, the books take about a dozen seconds to "get" it but open instantly once they are downloaded.
    10-15-16 10:37 AM
    Thank you for the replies.

I am aware of that benefit of an Android file manager. I just haven't needed it so far.

Are you saying that what I am asking for is not possible or is there a way (but difficult)?

And no, the books are not cloud based. If I buy a book, the only option I have for that book in the app is to "get". After I've "downloaded" it, I now have the options to either read or remove the book. Also, the books take about a dozen seconds to "get" it but open instantly once they are downloaded.
    I'm not familiar with Madefire, but many new Comic Book type readers do store the files encrypted, they can only be accessed from within the app.
    10-17-16 07:24 AM