Hello all, just wondering is the media from whatsapp(android) can be set to autosave on sd card just like the one in bb10 os???

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-22-17 06:12 AM
    Nope
    05-22-17 07:30 AM
    If you set your SD as adoptive storage it will save all media to SD card but the app itself will occupy the internal memory and can not be moved
    05-23-17 03:40 AM
    If you set your SD as adoptive storage it will save all media to SD card but the app itself will occupy the internal memory and can not be moved
    If I set my sd card as adoptable, will I be able to transfer pics/videos to my pc for safekeeping? what's the downside of doing just that?

Android whatsapp s**ks. No wonder all the android phones lag in no time..

05-23-17 07:35 AM
    You will through usb cable or some WiFi method, you just won't be able to use that SD in your card reader when out of the phone...
    05-23-17 07:39 AM
    You will through usb cable or some WiFi method, you just won't be able to use that SD in your card reader when out of the phone...
    Thank you for the answer! Appreciate it.

05-23-17 08:01 AM
    Upside is that your sd card will be protected just as the internal memory. Set picture password and no one except for you after unlocking the phone can access your sd card. If you lose it, whoever finds it can't just put it in an sd reader to see your data.

Downside: you really need a fast and reliable sd card or the phone slows down.
    05-25-17 06:08 AM
    Upside is that your sd card will be protected just as the internal memory. Set picture password and no one except for you after unlocking the phone can access your sd card. If you lose it, whoever finds it can't just put it in an sd reader to see your data.

Downside: you really need a fast and reliable sd card or the phone slows down.
    Thanks for the reply! Any recommendation on the sd card?

05-25-17 07:30 AM
    Thanks for the reply! Any recommendation on the sd card?

No problem! I'm using a Samsung Pro 128Gb for about 8-9 months now without any trouble. Had bad experience with top of the line Sandisks prior to that (good performance but cards dying on me in several devices prior to PRIV). Frequent backup is, as always, crucial and good to have in case of card failure ;-)
    05-25-17 08:10 AM
    No problem! I'm using a Samsung Pro 128Gb for about 8-9 months now without any trouble. Had bad experience with top of the line Sandisks prior to that (good performance but cards dying on me in several devices prior to PRIV). Frequent backup is, as always, crucial and good to have in case of card failure ;-)
    Thank you!

Why can't android whatsapp have the same option to save media to sd card? So backward..

05-25-17 08:13 AM
    Thank you!

Why can't android whatsapp have the same option to save media to sd card? So backward..

But it does :-) Look at the screenshot I just took. Setting the card up as internal storage is needed, yes, but along with encryption it works perfectly fine for me. And secure.
    05-25-17 08:22 AM
    But it does :-) Look at the screenshot I just took. Setting the card up as internal storage is needed, yes, but along with encryption it works perfectly fine for me. And secure.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1ff492a879.jpg
    Just afraid that if the sd card corrupted then everything is gone....

06-15-17 08:47 AM
    But it does :-) Look at the screenshot I just took. Setting the card up as internal storage is needed, yes, but along with encryption it works perfectly fine for me. And secure.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1ff492a879.jpg
    If the sd card corrupted then everything in it is gone..

06-15-17 08:48 AM