Transferring WhatsApp data from BlackBerry 10 to Android

All WhatsApp platforms use different methods encrypting data backups and this makes the import and export of these formats between different platforms highly complex. Therefore the official stance from WhatsApp is there is not a supported method to do this.

But since most people are now migrating to Android with the BlackBerry Priv the platform
    developer for BlackBerry 10 has decided to issue a solution. You will also need an SD Card.

This currently is in Beta and is not supported by WhatsApp so backup your data first in case you need to repeat the process.

Open WhatsApp in BlackBerry 10
    Swipe down to access the Settings and go in to Media Settings
    You'll find a button called "Export for Android conversations"
    This process can take a long time so ensure your phone is fully charged or charging
    Once the data has been exported and saved to the SD Card you can now remove it
    Place it in your Android device
    I would recommend transferring the encrypted data to the internal storage before you proceed any further
    You also need to use the same number as your previous device for the import to work
    When you open WhatsApp you should be prompted with Restoring your data. If you haven't been offered the chance to restore than have a look at https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android

Please also visit the BlackBerry 10 thread where you can get further assistance with you BB10 device.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12086525
    Last edited by Acvdm; 11-18-15 at 04:53 AM.
    11-10-15 04:25 AM
    Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a way. The BB10 WhatsApp backups are stored as .crypt files and Android WhatsApp stopped using this about a year ago. It is now using .crypt8.

I've tried loading a version of WhatsApp from a year ago. I thought I could loads the .crypt files, update WhatsApp and WhatsApp would then store any future backup as .crypt8. Unfortunately WhatsApp blocks the use of older versions so it's in their hands.
    11-10-15 07:22 AM
    11-17-15 10:01 AM
    BlackBerry are lucky to have a dedicated developer like you @dkonigsberg_wa.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 02:59 PM
    Thanks mate. I'll edit my first post accordingly for you.
    11-18-15 04:10 AM
    Hi,

Good Morning, thanks for sharing such a information.

Mine issue is, I have BB priv and I want to import chat chat history, and I have just created an account in "Beta Zone" and it seems that registrations are closed and I can't get the What's App now...

Can you please guide me if there is any way to get the beta version of What's App which support the import of chats? that will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Aman
    03-01-16 12:49 AM
    Just keep trying Beta Zone. BlackBerry seems to keep breaking and fixing it, so it'll eventually work. From our end, nothing should be preventing you from downloading the app from there.
    03-01-16 11:02 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply,,,, I will try again, is there is any other way to do it?

Regards
    \Aman
    03-01-16 09:45 PM
    Is the procedure same if I want to import in android whatsapp app in my BlackBerry passpsort?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 12:58 AM
    Which name, type of the file manager for the Priv did you use after backing up the chathistory on your SD card?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 01:10 AM
    I didn't follow this procedure before trasnferring data using content transfer from my Passport to the Keyone naively thinking that Whatsapp messages would be transferred (as they DID with Telegram to be fair), only to realise that the Whatsapp chat history is practically all gone, can it now be recovered in some way?
    12-19-17 04:30 AM
    I didn't follow this procedure before trasnferring data using content transfer from my Passport to the Keyone naively thinking that Whatsapp messages would be transferred (as they DID with Telegram to be fair), only to realise that the Whatsapp chat history is practically all gone, can it now be recovered in some way?
    Assuming you haven't wiped your Passport I think the only way is to reactivate WhatsApp on that device, create an Android backup, and then reinstall the app on your Keyone with the backup in the correct folder.
    12-30-17 10:49 PM
    Good one.
    01-19-18 07:01 AM