Hello friends! What will You prefer?
    How will BlackBerry Apps work on Galaxy devices?
    Or is it better to buy Priv?
    What are Pros and Cons?
    Thank You!
    03-15-16 01:20 PM
    They are working smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy s7. I think they would be a little more useful with a pkb though. I love this new phone and the hub!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-15-16 01:40 PM
    Runs perfectly fine on my s7 edge too.

Would definitely recommend the s7 over the priv...
    Still using my Passport (typing from it now) as I transition over (reluctantly).

To put it simply...

There's less compromises for me on Android than there is on bb10 and the way it's going, or not going for that matter.

Would I pay for the hub etc on android? Yes. But BlackBerry have missed a trick, so Cobalt gets the donation and Blackberry miss out on potential revenue as a "software and services" company.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:42 PM
    They are working smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy s7. I think they would be a little more useful with a pkb though. I love this new phone and the hub!!

Thank You!
    And what is PKB?
    03-15-16 04:25 PM
    Runs perfectly fine on my s7 edge too.

Would definitely recommend the s7 over the priv...
    Still using my Passport (typing from it now) as I transition over (reluctantly).

To put it simply...

There's less compromises for me on Android than there is on bb10 and the way it's going, or not going for that matter.

Would I pay for the hub etc on android? Yes. But BlackBerry have missed a trick, so Cobalt gets the donation and Blackberry miss out on potential revenue as a "software and services" company.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Why are You still loving Your Passport? In which things it is more useful? Wider screen? Physical keyboard?
    03-15-16 04:27 PM
    Thanks! Why are You still loving Your Passport? In which things it is more useful? Wider screen? Physical keyboard?
    The keyboard is great although SwiftKey on Android is pretty good, the passport gives me more confidence when typing.

The OS is just much nicer, flowing through apps, not that there are many but switching is far better natively.

I miss the gestures, have tried apps for gestures on Android but it's not the same.

I really like my s7 but I keep picking up my passport, I receive emails on both and choose the passport to open and reply.

Overall the s7 will eventually become my daily driver, it's a good replacement for the passport and will take time to adjust to a totally different way of working
    lang007 likes this.
    03-15-16 04:38 PM
    I'd like to continue this thread for a healthy discussion on Priv versus S7 or other android device that has Cobalt's solution implemented. My Z10 that I'd love to be able to keep forever is giving me some frustrating reset problems.

I can't seem to find a legitimate side-by-side comparison of the two devices. I don't care about specs. I care about what is practical about the two and who does what better.

But my first question: what is the risk of Cobalt's solution on non-BB devices? Can BB break it? Do we need to rely on Cobalt to push out the updates, or will the BB apps update through Google Play once they're installed?

Can anyone make a solid case for Priv over an S7 with Cobalt or vice-versa, please.

I'm really having a hard time deciding here. But those are a few of my first questions.

in other words, I'm torn. I'm just not sure what to do. I need a replacement device and I'm having a hard time committing to one or the other. really could use some helpful data.
    03-15-16 05:21 PM
    A solid case?

I've had the blackberry storm, 9000, 9900, playbook, z10, q10, passport.

So I'd like to think I'm well versed with blackberry, and quite frankly I feel as though the Priv needs to make the case to me, and via blackberry this hasn't been done.

My frustrations with my S7 would still be present if I got the Priv because they're both Android.

The underlying OS is the same, the S7 in my opinion has way better hardware, after using the fingerprint scanner on my Ipad I appreciated the convenience (S7 has fps), the camera is better.

SAMSUNG KNOX blows out anything blackberry could even dream of, it's free for us mere consumers, a private workspace.

The Knox alone is worth it here's how I use it..

I have my personal eBay, fb, twitter, instagram, banking, PayPal, email and a whole host of other apps... Then in my Knox, I have the same apps but for my business, the Priv can't offer me that unless I pay for bes.

The hub, keyboard, contacts work fine on my S7, so yeh, Samsung makes a better case to join the galaxy family
    Last edited by imz; 03-26-16 at 07:02 AM.
    bobaloo likes this.
    03-15-16 05:44 PM
    I am here, because I am happy user of BlackBerry Classic. My previous devices were iPhone from 3g till 6s plus! But I was not very productive with them, as I am now on my Classic. You understand what I mean: hub, email, file system and etc.
    Now I think to buy PP SE or Galaxy S7 Edge (use it with BlackBerry Apps) to be more productive. (I had Priv (I was not satisfied with productivity and build quality of this device).
    What do You think?
    03-15-16 08:03 PM
    I'm productive on my 6s+? Or my Samsung notes... I say get use to one system and learn it well...
    03-15-16 08:35 PM
    A solid case?

I've had the blackberry storm, 9000, 9900, playbook, z10, q10, passport.

So I'd like to think I'm well versed with blackberry, and quite frankly I feel as though the Priv needs to make the case to me, and via blackberry this hasn't been done.

My frustrations with my S7 would still be present if I got the Priv because they're both Android.

The underlying OS is the same, the S7 in my opinion has way better hardware, after using the fingerprint scanner on my Ipad I appreciated the convenience (S7 has fps), the camera is better.

SAMSUNG KNOW blows out anything blackberry could even dream of, it's free for us mere consumers, a private workspace.

The Knox alone is worth it here's how I use it..

I have my personal eBay, fb, twitter, instagram, banking, PayPal, email and a whole host of other apps... Then in my Knox, I have the same apps but for my business, the Priv can't offer me that unless I pay for bes.

The hub, keyboard, contacts work fine on my S7, so yeh, Samsung makes a better case to join the galaxy family
    You mentioned frustrations with S7. Would you elaborate, please.

I'm a dedicated BlackBerry fan. I loved my original storm for 3 years and was efficient lightyears beyond friends with competing devices. Same with my 9850 for two years. And now z10 for three years, but even more efficient. I just love this freaking phone and I'm having a hard time reconciling the inevitable.
    03-15-16 09:47 PM
    Well, friends, I have made my choice. Today I have purchased BB PP SE+case+screen protector for 400 pounds. I think that on this wide screen and with BB10 System I will be more productive and happy. After I will receive it, I will sell my Classic.
    Sorry - S7 edge or Iphone 6s plus - maybe in the nearest future I will buy one of these two devices.
    zocster and Q10Bold like this.
    03-16-16 04:31 AM
    Well, friends, I have made my choice. Today I have purchased BB PP SE+case+screen protector for 400 pounds. I think that on this wide screen and with BB10 System I will be more productive and happy. After I will receive it, I will sell my Classic.
    Sorry - S7 edge or Iphone 6s plus - maybe in the nearest future I will buy one of these two devices.
    Your absolutely crazy.

Michele Guzzini likes this.
    03-16-16 05:05 AM
    Your absolutely crazy.

Why?
    03-16-16 05:10 AM
    You did what is right for you.
    Congrats on your new device.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    03-16-16 05:20 AM
    Why?
    They've ended development pretty much. That's �400 you could have put to better use.

Best of luck with your decision though.
    so crow likes this.
    03-16-16 09:24 AM
    They've ended development pretty much. That's �400 you could have put to better use.

Best of luck with your decision though.

Nobody knows whether they really stoped development or not. Hope there will be some good updates in future. Very cool OS, much better than iOS or Android.
    03-16-16 09:31 AM
    Nobody knows whether they really stoped development or not. Hope there will be some good updates in future. Very cool OS, much better than iOS or Android.
    I agree with the much better comment, I just don't like what I am seeing, the signs are on the wall, but no one is saying anything, which is disheartening for someone like me who has been a faithful.
    Cobalt232 and Michele Guzzini like this.
    03-16-16 09:57 AM
    So if we can get back on topic, can anyone give me some insight as to the differences between S7 with BB apps and a Priv. For instance, if I were to choose S7, what would I be missing out on that the Priv has/can do. Please feel free to be as nitpicky as you'd like. Those are likely the things I'm most interested in. Also, the physical keyboard is obvious, so you don't need to make a big deal about that.

Thank you in advance for your input. I'm really trying to get the right info to make the right decision for me
    03-16-16 11:42 PM
    So if we can get back on topic, can anyone give me some insight as to the differences between S7 with BB apps and a Priv. For instance, if I were to choose S7, what would I be missing out on that the Priv has/can do. Please feel free to be as nitpicky as you'd like. Those are likely the things I'm most interested in. Also, the physical keyboard is obvious, so you don't need to make a big deal about that.

Thank you in advance for your input. I'm really trying to get the right info to make the right decision for me
    the only thing stopping me from getting the Priv is carrier support. I would love to try, but I am not about to parallel import something that is going to give out on me on arrival.

Things to consider, sure S7 has the latest and greatest hardware, but touchwiz is a pain at times, even though it has vastly improved.
    Inability for Priv to get into recovery mode, also may cause issues in a distant future. Can't clear cache partition
    03-17-16 09:55 AM
    the only thing stopping me from getting the Priv is carrier support. I would love to try, but I am not about to parallel import something that is going to give out on me on arrival.

Things to consider, sure S7 has the latest and greatest hardware, but touchwiz is a pain at times, even though it has vastly improved.
    Inability for Priv to get into recovery mode, also may cause issues in a distant future. Can't clear cache partition
    Thank you. I appreciate this conversation and your input.

I keep hearing that Touch Wiz is a pain, but I don't have enough experience with Android to know what would be a pain about it. Do you mind going just a little in depth on that.

Honestly, I'm leaning a little toward the Priv, but if there is no functional benefit to the Priv or detriment to the S7 if the S7 has the Priv apps installed, then I just don't know if I see the point in getting the Priv. It probably makes way more sense to get the S7 in that case.

But since I'm vzw, I don't know if I'll get continued and prompt updates on the S7 like BB seems committed to do on the Priv. I don't know if the Cobalt solution is reliable long term.

I'm having a hard time with this one. Whatever decision I make will be multiplied by two because my wife needs a new phone as well. I also would like to keep my unlimited data, so I'd need to pay full retail... So I really need to get this right.

Again, I thank you for taking the time.
    03-17-16 11:48 AM
    The Passport SE is a fantastic device. I bought it, and gave it to my dad, while I kept the black Passport for myself, and have been kicking myself ever since.

Depending on what apps that you'll need, the Passport SE might be just as good or an even better purchase than the androids and iOS's iut there. The future of BB10 is a bit more unsure though, so might not be as future proof. But hey... It's a great device.

03-18-16 12:59 AM
    You mentioned frustrations with S7. Would you elaborate, please.

I'm a dedicated BlackBerry fan. I loved my original storm for 3 years and was efficient lightyears beyond friends with competing devices. Same with my 9850 for two years. And now z10 for three years, but even more efficient. I just love this freaking phone and I'm having a hard time reconciling the inevitable.
    Sure.

* I find I keep hitting the edges of the phone with my palm, so it breaks my flow
    * There is no physical Play/Pause button on the phone (just volume up & down) unless I'm missing something?
    * Stock earphones are much better, but no mute button on hands free like BB, just volumes, answer/end
    * 3mm jack is at the bottom, preferred it at the top like Passport
    * The "home" button, requires a press which I feel is slightly more than what it needs to be
    * There is a whole host of things I don't like with Android that BB10 masters out of the box but thats not a Samsung problem, its Android
    * The "Edge", I find... I very rarely use this, except to show people, although I'm trying
    * LED, I find is weak and pathetic compared to Blackberry, just doesn't have that same oomph
    * The speakers, (loudspeaker), I would have thought would be louder, Passport seems to smash it on this front

There are a few other things but all in all, the above are things I personally am compromising on and the Pro's of the S7 Edge far far farrr outweigh Blackberry Passport & Priv.

As a disclaimer, I still use my Passport, but would not even consider the Priv.

If you want BB10, the Passport is the way to go by far.
    If you want Android, go for an S7

The Priv in my personal opinion is not good at being a "blackberry" nor is it a good at being an "android".

Slap on Cobalts Blackberry Services and the S7 is a far better Blackberry than a Blackberry Priv.

Blackberry, a better Android than an Android phone? No.
    Samsung... a better Blackberry than a Blackberry Priv? YES!
    03-26-16 07:22 AM
    Have you managed to get Blackberry Hub on your S7? How does it work? Can someone recommend how i can get it working on a S7, not the best when it comes to tech.

Is the BB Hub on a S7 like the BB hub on regular BB device?
    03-26-16 09:36 AM
    Download BlackBerry manager and install the apps from there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12231296
    03-26-16 12:51 PM
37 12