Has anyone successfully switched from using Google Messenger to another Android texting app and still had the same level of Hub integration?

I tried with Hangouts, but it was buggy. However that was in the first few minutes of having my Priv.

Would probably switch to Textra if the integration with Hub was the same. Don't love Google Messenger.

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 05:26 AM
    I believe that once you download a new messaging app it would ask you to select it as the default text app. So when you tap on a text in hub it would then send you to the nrw app you downloaded

11-11-15 07:53 PM
    I believe that once you download a new messaging app it would ask you to select it as the default text app. So when you tap on a text in hub it would then send you to the nrw app you downloaded

Understood. But after I do that and completely stop it from using Messenger, I get the problems I described.

11-11-15 08:48 PM
    I just realized that I didn't describe the problems here. What happens is that clicking on the texts does bring up the new SMS app. However, new SMS's don't bring create a new "unread" yellow notification in Hub. The new SMS app does have its own notifications that work fine, but they don't make the conversation yellow in Hub.

In addition, Hub doesn't recognize some SMS apps as texting apps. For instance, Textra works, but Material Messaging does not.

So it works with other SMS apps but barely.

11-11-15 09:00 PM