As much as I love the BB Hub, I feel like it could still be much better. The interface is starting to look a little dated and there are certain bugs that never get fixed. I wish BlackBerry supported the app a little better.

That being said, I have yet to find another app with similar functionality as the Hub. Does anyone know of any? I would love to compare and contrast to see if there is something else out there that better suits my needs.
    10-04-18 09:27 PM
    The only thing similar was Samsung Focus and it's dead now from a development perspective - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android.focus Kinda funny since at one time it was considered a challenger to Hub.
    asiayeah likes this.
    10-04-18 09:32 PM
    The interface is starting to look a little dated and there are certain bugs that never get fixed.
    I cannot agree more regarding the interface but I don't think we can expect any major design update any time soon. That's true the entire app suite.

What bugs are you aware of that never get fixed?
    10-04-18 10:45 PM
    The only thing similar was Samsung Focus and it's dead now from a development perspective - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android.focus Kinda funny since at one time it was considered a challenger to Hub.
    But its not compatible for my Keyone
    10-04-18 11:14 PM
    But its not compatible for my Keyone
    The APK worked once upon a time, now even that doesn't work.
    10-04-18 11:20 PM
    The APK worked once upon a time, now even that doesn't work.
    Ok. I'll try.
    Thx Bla1ze
    10-04-18 11:23 PM
    It's not exactly like the Hub but the new Microsoft Launcher update might be worth a look if you use their apps.

https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...pport-and-more
    10-04-18 11:33 PM
    Thanks for replying Bla1ze, I actually did some minor research before posting here and came across Samsung focus. It's interesting but it doesnt quite have the functionality that i'm looking for. It's incredible that no one has come out with a proper alternative to Hub. It makes you really appreciate BlackBerry's efforts.
    10-05-18 01:01 PM
    What's crazy about the fact there isn't an alternative to BlackBerry Hub is that it's just a brilliant idea! Since first using it on BB10, I can't live without it now on Android. How no-one else has decided to take the concept forward is beyond me.

What's a real shame is that BlackBerry seem to not really care about it. It may not set the Android space alight but it would help to make people take BlackBerry seriously as a software company if they made their apps truly attractive, both aesthetically and from a functional perspective.
    10-10-18 04:41 AM
    As much as I love the BB Hub, I feel like it could still be much better. The interface is starting to look a little dated and there are certain bugs that never get fixed. I wish BlackBerry supported the app a little better.

That being said, I have yet to find another app with similar functionality as the Hub. Does anyone know of any? I would love to compare and contrast to see if there is something else out there that better suits my needs.
    I think the development priority has switched now to Blackberry Spark and in that light, you can expect a different variant of the integrated hub to include I.O.T. for home and work and transportation vehicles.
    10-10-18 05:06 AM
    Hub need better UI everything is so high on the screen and if you have one of those tall devices it's really not balanced properly. Actions regarding items and selections should adjust to your current finger position to kill any unnecessary hand travel, there should be reverse listing option for those who prefer to hold their phone on the bottom of the device, etc.

I also wondered why Hub listing is not supported by BlackBerry hardware keyboard like first item on the list could be viewed by pressing number 1 on keyboard (W) and so on for next 9 items. Items could be marked by holding the number. That's pretty much straight forward.

Hub is great but webOS synergy that merges all of your communication under one contact is even better, unfortunately something like that will never see light of the day because many factors that someone didn't think through when developing Android.
    10-13-18 08:04 AM
    Hub need better UI everything is so high on the screen and if you have one of those tall devices it's really not balanced properly. Actions regarding items and selections should adjust to your current finger position to kill any unnecessary hand travel, there should be reverse listing option for those who prefer to hold their phone on the bottom of the device, etc.

I also wondered why Hub listing is not supported by BlackBerry hardware keyboard like first item on the list could be viewed by pressing number 1 on keyboard (W) and so on for next 9 items. Items could be marked by holding the number. That's pretty much straight forward.
    These are all excellent ideas! Please post them here: /blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/suggestions-ways-further-improve-hub-1103719/
    10-13-18 05:10 PM