Why do you need to? The messaging system on BB10 is awesome. Only thing that's better than Android and iOS
    moody likes this.
    01-25-16 08:00 PM
    It's actually recommend by Google to use messenger instead of hangouts
    03-16-16 10:41 AM
    Textra works great. Dark theme option too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-16-16 10:26 PM
    textra fixed my group message issue of losing messages and not opening pics. loving Textra so far over Messenger

03-19-16 11:05 PM
    Textra for me. Love the customization and ios emoji integration

03-20-16 12:35 AM
    Wait. I'm thinking of getting a Priv, but I guess I haven't finished enough research clearly... SMS and MMS are handled with an app on Android?

Using my Verizon BlackBerry Z30
    03-20-16 12:40 AM
    Yeah, it's not built in. That's how Android is for most things. If you find the right app though, no big deal.

03-20-16 01:02 AM
    I cannot figure how to disable the annoying popup style reply method that textra uses. I would much rather it display the full app when checking messages in the hub. Does anyone know if there is a way to change this feature?

03-20-16 02:52 PM
    I cannot figure how to disable the annoying popup style reply method that textra uses. I would much rather it display the full app when checking messages in the hub. Does anyone know if there is a way to change this feature?

Bump!

Anyone?

Z10 ---> Passport ---> PRIV
    03-24-16 10:27 PM
    Bump!

Anyone?

There is a setting for behaviour. Just switch it from pop up with keyboard, which is default, to open full app.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-24-16 10:34 PM
    Wait. I'm thinking of getting a Priv, but I guess I haven't finished enough research clearly... SMS and MMS are handled with an app on Android?

Using my Verizon BlackBerry Z30
    BB10 text messaging is an app also so not sure what you mean.
    The Priv comes with the stock android text app pre-loaded but if you don't like it you can use other apps.

03-24-16 11:06 PM
    Yeah, it's not built in. That's how Android is for most things. If you find the right app though, no big deal.

Not true. The Priv has a stock text app, some people just prefer other apps some of which are superior.

03-24-16 11:10 PM
    There is a setting for behaviour. Just switch it from pop up with keyboard, which is default, to open full app.

I cannot find this setting. I can find "action" under notifications, which has these options, but this is only for notifications. When clicking a text from in the hub, it still opens a popup window rather than the full app.

Mind letting me know where this 'behavior' setting is?

03-25-16 09:41 AM
    Not true. The Priv has a stock text app, some people just prefer other apps some of which are superior.

Sorry, I meant it's not handled by the hub itself or built into the OS, but as a separate app. I used Hangouts previously, which was pre-loaded, and I forgot there was another one it was set to by default that I must have removed/disabled when I first got the Priv.
    03-25-16 11:00 AM
    I cannot find this setting. I can find "action" under notifications, which has these options, but this is only for notifications. When clicking a text from in the hub, it still opens a popup window rather than the full app.

Mind letting me know where this 'behavior' setting is?

You're right, that's notifications, which I thought the hub counted as . Oh well, no options for it. Try another text app? The default Messenger one has the behaviour you describe.

03-25-16 12:50 PM
    You're right, that's notifications, which I thought the hub counted as . Oh well, no options for it. Try another text app? The default Messenger one has the behaviour you describe.

Yup. Back to Yaata for me!

03-25-16 01:36 PM
    My biggest problem with textra is I'm missing unread texts b/c it doesn't make them obvious in the list. I would love to have bold heading for unread.

I really liked yaata in the beginning. Spent DAYS customizing it just right. Then found it buggy. I'd have to force close every chathead. Sometimes the led didn't work or sound was hit or miss.

Textra is missing custom led for contacts as well.

Nothing I've found seems to come up to the level of bb10 w/ hub++ notifications
    03-27-16 07:20 PM

My "stock" app was/is 'message +' by Verizon. Pitiful little fellow, it is.
    03-27-16 07:23 PM
    Per Michael Clewley: "For an improved Hub/SMS experience on #Priv download v1.8 of Messenger from Play Store. No more orphan multi-chat windows" .
    03-30-16 06:02 PM
44 12