I recently switched from YAATA to Textra for text messaging on my Priv. For some reason, none of my text messages are pulling into the Hub, though. I don't know what setting I need to change, but I really dislike having a separate app for SMS. I uninstalled both apps, installed Textra again, restarted my phone, but no joy.

Can anyone help me? I'm still very much a novice to BlackBerry Android.
    07-08-17 10:02 PM
    I assume you have disabled the stock Messenger app? Haven't used Textra in over a year, but it used to work well.
    Out of curiosity, why are you switching away from Yaata, which does work with the hub?
    07-08-17 10:16 PM
    yes, disabled the stock app. I used YAATA for about a week, but I moved to Textra because I like the customization options.

I should add that YAATA does not show up in the Hub, now, either. It's odd.
    07-08-17 10:24 PM
    I did the opposite now - uninstalled Textra and installed YAATA, and still nothing in Hub. Confused.
    07-08-17 10:37 PM
    I suppose I could uninstall Hub and start over with it. I have no idea what changed.
    07-08-17 10:42 PM
    As stated above make sure you change the default SMS app to Textra. Works perfectly for me.
    07-09-17 11:28 AM
    I deleted every sms app, installed Textra, set as default, reset phone, and nothing has changed. Text messages do not show up in Hub.

I see now how frustrating the most basic of tasks can be on Android. I have to open a separate app just to read text messages.
    07-09-17 02:33 PM
    Something is off, it's not supposed to be like that. I never had any issue with Textra, by far the best SMS app out there IMO, more specifically when it comes to Hub integration. Sorry but I suggest re-installation of both apps otherwise something is blocking the integration; if it still doesn't work send a bug report to bbsupport as Textra is a confirmed integrated app and should work just fine.
    07-09-17 02:44 PM
    Uninstall Textra and YAATA, disable the hub, clear the cache, then do a 32 second power button reset.
    Then enable the HUB, make sure it's up to date and stock messenger is still disabled, then install which ever app you want to use.
    What makes Android cool is all those apps. What makes Android frustrating is, all those apps.
    07-10-17 08:33 AM
    Uninstall Textra and YAATA, disable the hub, clear the cache, then do a 32 second power button reset.
    Then enable the HUB, make sure it's up to date and stock messenger is still disabled, then install which ever app you want to use.
    What makes Android cool is all those apps. What makes Android frustrating is, all those apps.
    What is a 32 sec. power button reset? How is it done and what does it do?
    07-10-17 09:23 AM
    Will try this today. Thank you.
    07-10-17 09:28 AM
    What is a 32 sec. power button reset? How is it done and what does it do?
    Hold the power button down for at least 32 seconds, it 'simulates' a battery pull, according to BlackBerry.
    The phone will vibrate at times and flash symbols on the screen, ignore all that, and make sure it's at least 32 seconds, longer won't hurt a thing.
    37201xoIM likes this.
    07-10-17 10:36 AM
    I have seen no change after trying those steps. Text messages still go to Textra, and not the Hub. I disabled Hangouts, since it was asking me to use that as my default SMS app. Further, Textra is not listed as one of the accounts in Hub, although Hangouts is. The Hub app is up to date as of last night. If there is some way to add the account manually, I'd be curious to know.

At this point, I'll probably wipe the phone and start over. I am really frustrated by something so simple being made so difficult.
    07-11-17 09:18 AM
    You did go into Hub, added the account to your view?
    07-12-17 02:52 PM
    In Hub settings, I see all my accounts listed, including Text Messages. How/where do I add Textra to my View?
    07-13-17 11:32 AM
    double check and make sure that in your SETTINGS --> Apps --> Select Cog icon in upper right --> Default Text messaging has Textra listed
    07-13-17 08:02 PM
    Textra is set as my default SMS app in Settings.
    07-13-17 10:22 PM
    I appreciate everyone offering advice. I received a text message today and it went to the Hub. There is one contact whose messages are still going only to Textra, however. What could possibly be the reason for that?
    07-15-17 01:20 AM
    I don't know why or how, but the messages that weren't showing up in Hub from that one contact now are. I appreciate everyone who offered help.
    07-16-17 01:33 AM
    I think your phone is haunted.
    07-16-17 05:04 AM
    I can't deny that possibility.
    07-16-17 05:19 AM