Had my Priv for a year but only now do I feel like retiring my PassportSE as my daily driver.

2 aspects I am not enjoying is the UI/design of both contacts app as well as the sms/text app. Both are the stock apps that came loaded on the phone, which I believe are BlackBerry's app package for android. The color scheme for both seems to confuse me for no apparent reason, and looks childish IMO.

Bottom line is what are other people using?
    11-11-17 11:33 AM
    Had my Priv for a year but only now do I feel like retiring my PassportSE as my daily driver.

2 aspects I am not enjoying is the UI/design of both contacts app as well as the sms/text app. Both are the stock apps that came loaded on the phone, which I believe are BlackBerry's app package for android. The color scheme for both seems to confuse me for no apparent reason, and looks childish IMO.

Bottom line is what are other people using?
    The SMS App isn't a BlackBerry App. It's the pre-loaded android App. I use textra myself and have the stock SMS App disabled. Textra looks nicer in my opinion and it's much more feature filled with dark theme as well.
    As for the contacts App, that one is a BlackBerry App and I don't mind it so haven't tried alternatives.
    11-11-17 03:06 PM
    ok, I wasn't such if BlackBerry had a sms app in their bag of goodies. I have heard of others using textra and will probably give it a try.

as far as contacts, what's with all the different colors? are they from different contact accounts?
    11-11-17 03:10 PM
    does textra come through on the Hub?
    11-11-17 03:26 PM
    BlackBerry not having their own SMS app that support in-line reply in Hub is a real shame. Disappointing to say the least.
    11-11-17 03:26 PM
    does textra come through on the Hub?
    Yes it does.
    11-11-17 03:35 PM
    BlackBerry not having their own SMS app that support in-line reply in Hub is a real shame. Disappointing to say the least.
    Not a huge deal when using textra actually. It's pops up an overlay to reply and doesn't open the App.
    11-11-17 03:36 PM
    Not a huge deal when using textra actually. It's pops up an overlay to reply and doesn't open the App.
    Not bad, true. Not the real deal though.
    11-11-17 05:57 PM
    Not bad, true. Not the real deal though.
    In every interview that BlackBerry has given since 2015 on the Android topic, they always say that they will not spend time or resources creating redundant apps for their Android devices. Hub for Android will never be a true cognate for Hub for BB10.
    11-12-17 07:31 PM
    In every interview that BlackBerry has given since 2015 on the Android topic, they always say that they will not spend time or resources creating redundant apps for their Android devices. Hub for Android will never be a true cognate for Hub for BB10.
    Such a shame and simply the wrong approach as it has nothing to with redundancy, rather it is all about usability and productivity. The only way to create a seamless flow is to spend resources and create a no compromise fully fledged app suite that revolves around Hub.

They did it very will with Calendar and the same should be with SMS.
    11-12-17 07:38 PM
    Buy Adguard Premium or download it from onhax on your own risk and enjoy ad-free Android.
    11-13-17 10:39 AM
    i think this is gona be as close as you get.. but i think this piggy backs on your default messaging app.. i believe it's coming in a future update.. when? i have no idea

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1121847-new/

EDIT: and then i see that YOU created that thread, so nevermind!! LOL
    11-13-17 02:48 PM
    i think this is gona be as close as you get.. but i think this piggy backs on your default messaging app.. i believe it's coming in a future update.. when? i have no idea

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1121847-new/

EDIT: and then i see that YOU created that thread, so nevermind!! LOL
    LOL, I did create that thread didn't I...

It's not coming at all as it was deemed an unsuccessful beta trial that was finally axed by the development team. It had many different issues hence I always advocated BlackBerry developing their own SMS app.

'Piggy backing' doesn't work in an Android world that 'sandbox' apps, that is apps are operated within themselves and cannot affect other apps behavior which is why this solution wasn't very successful.
    11-13-17 04:02 PM