Whilst I am still struggling between the a Priv and a PP SE as next device after my old Z10 retires, the decision is not helped by fact that I got also a Galaxy Tab (a gift) and tried to install Swiftkey only to be welcomed by a prompt saying all I type except password will be shared with developer. What? Really?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:37 PM
    yes really everything you type can be seen its the most ridiculous crap im stuck as well using my classic and an android i have lying around that i use every now an then
    11-16-15 12:15 AM
    RIM used SwiftKey's technology to create the BlackBerry keyboard that so many people now use and love, correct? Your words coming through on their end are necessary for more accurate word prediction when using SwiftKey since it's supposed to continuously learn the way you type. I don't think it would be able to do that, though, without your words being available to them. So, I assume if you don't care about word prediction, you can just opt out of a few things. You can read through their privacy policy here, but there are options.

A few highlights...

• For users that opt in to SwiftKey Cloud, we will collect your email address, basic demographic information and information concerning the words and phrases that you use ('Language Modeling Data') to enable services such as personalization, prediction synchronization and backup. We may use data provided by you to develop and improve our Products.
    • If you are not logged into SwiftKey Cloud, language insights will not be transferred from your device. If you are logged into SwiftKey Cloud, these files will be automatically transferred over encrypted channels to our servers in order to enable our cloud-based services.
    • Your use of our personalization service means we may store and use data provided by you to develop and improve our Products. You have the right to have this data destroyed, as outlined below.
    • You may at any time withdraw your consent for our storage and use of personal data collected by any of our Products by going to the SwiftKey Cloud section in SwiftKey Settings. By withdrawing consent your personal data will be destroyed.
    • You may encounter an alert when installing our Products on your device, warning that third-party keyboards may collect or log sensitive data such as passwords, credit card numbers or street addresses. SwiftKey Products are designed not to receive, store or transmit any such sensitive data.
    11-16-15 02:33 PM
    Whilst I am still struggling between the a Priv and a PP SE as next device after my old Z10 retires, the decision is not helped by fact that I got also a Galaxy Tab (a gift) and tried to install Swiftkey only to be welcomed by a prompt saying all I type except password will be shared with developer. What? Really?

Posted via CB10
    Swiftkey was a huge problem for me. I constantly had to backspace to get correct letters to show up. As I know I type correctly it was a huge time waster and if you are a busy business person needing accurate response to high volume emails. Swiftkey was one of the worse.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-17-15 10:08 AM
    Swiftkey was a huge problem for me. I constantly had to backspace to get correct letters to show up. As I know I type correctly it was a huge time waster and if you are a busy business person needing accurate response to high volume emails. Swiftkey was one of the worse.
    Were you using SwiftKey again when you misspelled 'worst' at the end of your last sentence? Just messing with you.
    11-17-15 01:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I also use a Galaxy tab s and honestly swiftkey is one of worst. Error prone so get ready for wasting a lot time backspacing to get text input correct. See if you can find the BlackBerry android keyboard apk over at XDA.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-28-15 11:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is a standard warning message shown by the Android system whenever a new keyboard is installed and selected.
    The reality is the big name keyboards do not do things like that.
    It would say that about the Blackberry Keyboard as well
    12-04-15 03:49 AM