With the announcement of TCL discontinuing BlackBerry branded devices, how long do you think that BlackBerry will continue to support and update its Apps on Android devices? I have a Google Pixel 3 XL and subscribe to the Hub+ suite including BlackBerry Password Keeper. I have been using it for years and I am concerned that they may stop supporting them. I have no information one way or the other, but what do you think?
    02-28-20 08:57 AM
    With the announcement of TCL discontinuing BlackBerry branded devices, how long do you think that BlackBerry will continue to support and update its Apps on Android devices? I have a Google Pixel 3 XL and subscribe to the Hub+ suite including BlackBerry Password Keeper. I have been using it for years and I am concerned that they may stop supporting them. I have no information one way or the other, but what do you think?
    Haven't seen an update in over 3 months, so.....
    02-28-20 09:23 AM
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not too concerned about anything other than Password Keeper. Any suggestions if I have to change to something else?
    Haven't seen an update in over 3 months, so.....
    02-28-20 09:34 AM
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not too concerned about anything other than Password Keeper. Any suggestions if I have to change to something else?
    Move to a proper cross-platform password keeper: Google, 1Password, or LastPass. No reason to use a closed, proprietary system. It's not a resilient solution.
    chain13, anki7 and brookie229 like this.
    02-28-20 09:38 AM
    My guess is development is over... and they'll see how much mileage they can get by leaving things static. Might not be much revenues, but it's somethings.

If Android 11 brings issues... they might evaluate the cost to "patch" these vs that revenue stream. Why I think it's important that everyone that likes the apps, pay for them.

The only thing we know for sure... is the developers haven't been posting here, and there isn't much going on in the beta program. What that means, is open to interpretation. Could all be working to get Android 10 ready for the new BlackBerry made and sold KEY3? (don't hold your breath).
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    02-28-20 09:46 AM
    If that's the case then I need to start evaluating a Hub replacement.

My requirements are pretty straight forward. All my email accounts in a unified in box and all conversation threads show my sent mails in the thread as well. Is that too much to ask??
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    02-28-20 09:55 AM

My requirements are pretty straight forward. All my email accounts in a unified in box and all conversation threads show my sent mails in the thread as well. Is that too much to ask??
    Could be if nobody else provides the requested features now. So, meanwhile, iOS users like me, learn to adapt to scary new environments...
    02-28-20 09:59 AM

Try Aqua or Nine.
    02-28-20 10:01 AM
    Try Aqua or Nine.
    I installed both. Not bad, but I still prefer the Hub. Ugh... the life of a BlackBerry fan is an accursed one! Why must they take away all of our nice things???
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-28-20 12:58 PM
    I installed both. Not bad, but I still prefer the Hub. Ugh... the life of a BlackBerry fan is an accursed one! Why must they take away all of our nice things???
    Because in the end we didn't support them...
    pdr733 likes this.
    02-28-20 01:05 PM
    Because in the end we didn't support them...
    I think "we" is too broad of a generalization. If by "we" you mean the folks who knew better than to keep spending their cell phone dollars on a company that clearly was not interested in competing in the hardware space and was just looking for an out, than you're right... "we" didn't support them. Those of us who kept blindly going back to get a piece of any of BB's table scraps, are not inclusive of that "we".

And if I sound bitter, I'm really not. I'm just a realist who is now existing in a world where BlackBerry is no longer a part of the mobile landscape. However, the minute a new BB miraculously gets announced, I'll be first in line to beg them to take my money.
    oldmangeddyboy and Mecca EL like this.
    02-28-20 02:26 PM
    Testing Outlook and Spark.
    I like the agenda in Outlook.
    02-28-20 03:59 PM
    Outlook is good and well supported. Spark is OK but NINE has always been my goto for email on android.
    Laura Knotek and wikison like this.
    02-28-20 04:39 PM
    Go to BB10.....that's confirmed supported for some time to come.
    02-28-20 10:27 PM
    BB10? What's that? The next generation BlackBerry concept phone?
    Go to BB10.....that's confirmed supported for some time to come.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-28-20 10:46 PM
    I think it's important that everyone that likes the apps, pay for them.
    +1. The CrackBerry of olde would have squashed The Hub piracy threads.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-29-20 12:51 PM
    I think "we" is too broad of a generalization.
    The "we" is everyone who felt the Hub was important at one time or another. Obviously, nowhere near enough of those people either bought BB-branded phones or subscribed to the Hub Plus app.
    03-01-20 12:43 AM
    Companies interested in BlackBerry Dynamics and other secure systems they don't view the Hub as useful says they would rather use outlook
    03-01-20 01:39 AM
    The "we" is everyone who felt the Hub was important at one time or another. Obviously, nowhere near enough of those people either bought BB-branded phones or subscribed to the Hub Plus app.
    I think the people who felt the Hub was important actually bought a BB device. What wasn't enough was the amount of people who felt that Hub was important.

Don't tell me that everything wrong with BB is "our" fault. We were nothing but supporting. We bought device after device. We bought experiment after experiment. We trusted over and over even when it was clear that they didn't care. We purchase half baked devices more than once. We spent our money in "inventory clearance" more than once.

"We" did our part. If there is somebody to blame, it sure ain't us.
    03-01-20 08:58 AM
    I think the people who felt the Hub was important actually bought a BB device. What wasn't enough was the amount of people who felt that Hub was important.

Don't tell me that everything wrong with BB is "our" fault. We were nothing but supporting. We bought device after device. We bought experiment after experiment. We trusted over and over even when it was clear that they didn't care. We purchase half baked devices more than once. We spent our money in "inventory clearance" more than once.

"We" did our part. If there is somebody to blame, it sure ain't us.
    Well "you" did but obviously there are not enough "yous" out there is what it comes down too.

Honestly the hub means nothing to the bottom line for BB Limited IMO. Sure it was a easy cash maker if it took off but just didnt happen. You are probably correct that most people that found the hub mostly beneficial bought the devices but again just not enough of those people exist. BBM was too late going cross platform and wasnt monitorized in the way others were.

They had nearly 80+ million people using BBOS devices at one point and only needed a fraction of those to migrate to BB10 and then BB Android and it just didnt happen. BB tried their best with the money they had but the writing was on the wall long ago and in the end mobile phones/software just wasnt going to be the route that BB could follow.
    03-01-20 10:30 AM
    However, the minute a new PKB miraculously gets announced, I'll be first in line to beg them to take my money.
    This for me
    03-01-20 10:49 AM
    Move to a proper cross-platform password keeper: Google, 1Password, or LastPass. No reason to use a closed, proprietary system. It's not a resilient solution.
    I would add to that list any of the open source KeePass versions that support v.2 of the database. They are ideal for people who don't want to trust a 3rd party service provider.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    03-01-20 10:53 AM
    I really don't have a problem going to one of those others, except that I don't see any way to import all of my passwords without entering each one manually into the new app. I could do it and I do have the time but there are more than 100 so it would be a PITA.

Oh, off topic here, but it appears that I like your advice so much that I cloned you into my Avatar. I hope you don't mind. I have seen this somewhere before but it's not a problem for me.
    Speculation about BlackBerry continuing support for Android Apps-screenshot_20200301-125229.jpeg
    03-01-20 12:01 PM
    Well "you" did but obviously there are not enough "yous" out there is what it comes down too.
    Yep, thats exactly what I said:

anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-01-20 12:36 PM
    I would highly recommend bitwarden for a password keeper. It is cloud, but is open source and has been audited. I have also combined it with a yubikey so that your account cannot be recognized by another browser / device without authenticating with the yubikey.
    03-05-20 06:45 AM
38 12