I just recently purchased Solid Explorer as a file manager for my Priv but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer downloads from internal device storage to my SD card through this app.

Anyone have some insight they can share?

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    06-17-16 09:41 AM
    You should have two panels open (swipe left and right to swap between them). One panel should be Internal Memory > Download, the other should be SD Card > Downloads (or wherever). Select whatever you want on the internal panel, tap the orange arrow, tap "Move to" and it should move your downloads to the SD card.
    06-17-16 10:55 AM
    I just recently purchased Solid Explorer as a file manager for my Priv but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer downloads from internal device storage to my SD card through this app.

Anyone have some insight they can share?

Hopefully you didn't set up your SD card as extended storage during MM update.
    06-17-16 10:57 AM
    Hopefully you didn't set up your SD card as extended storage during MM update.
    I put my SD card into the phone after updating to MM. Swapped it right out of my Z30.

Last edited by Carmels; 06-17-16 at 10:53 PM.
    06-17-16 08:15 PM
    So I can move pictures off the SD card onto internal memory through the SE file manager app. But I can't seem to move them from internal back to the SD card.

What am I not doing right?

06-18-16 08:28 PM
    So I can move pictures off the SD card onto internal memory through the SE file manager app. But I can't seem to move them from internal back to the SD card.

What am I not doing right?

You might be missing permissions for Solid Explorer to be able to write to external storage. I assume you're on Marshmallow, if so enable it in DTEK. Then the first time you write to the card, it'll ask you to browse to the ROOT folder of the SD card and grant the permission.
    06-18-16 08:41 PM
    Crisis diverted! Lol! I managed figure out why I couldn't copy from internal to external and it wasn't due to permissions.

After you select and cut what you want to move, I was trying to move it from internal to the SD card via the yellow arrow button in the bottom right hand corner. What I needed to do was cut and then swipe from the lift to show the panel so I could select the SD card section and then I could navigate to the folder I wanted to paste too.

I'm glad I figured it out but in comparison to BlackBerry 10 native filing app, this thing was a ball breaker to figure out!

06-19-16 04:17 AM
    Crisis diverted! Lol! I managed figure out why I couldn't copy from internal to external and it wasn't due to permissions.

After you select and cut what you want to move, I was trying to move it from internal to the SD card via the yellow arrow button in the bottom right hand corner. What I needed to do was cut and then swipe from the lift to show the panel so I could select the SD card section and then I could navigate to the folder I wanted to paste too.

I'm glad I figured it out but in comparison to BlackBerry 10 native filing app, this thing was a ball breaker to figure out!

It's a bit easier if you turn the Priv to landscape. Then both internal and SD are next to each other on the same screen.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-19-16 09:16 PM
    It's a bit easier if you turn the Priv to landscape. Then both internal and SD are next to each other on the same screen.
    Good to know I'll try that.

06-19-16 09:46 PM
    Good to know I'll try that.

Also, there's really no need to cut and paste. Just find the file you want to move, touch, hold and drag it to the folder you want it in. It will then give you the option to copy it or move it.
    croman likes this.
    06-24-16 01:06 PM
    BlackBerry should definitely make its own file manager. There are only a few managers that are worth anything. SE is one, file manager is another and so is the Asus one. The first 2 use material design. I am in the trial phase for SE. I will likely purchase.

I'd rather have BlackBerry give me a file manager that allows cloud storage and LAN, ftp etc. Come on BlackBerry make a world class file manager.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Nels likes this.
    07-11-16 06:52 PM
    You might be missing permissions for Solid Explorer to be able to write to external storage. I assume you're on Marshmallow, if so enable it in DTEK. Then the first time you write to the card, it'll ask you to browse to the ROOT folder of the SD card and grant the permission.
    Can I ask how you do this with DTEK? I'm on Marshmallow B7.

07-18-16 01:18 PM
    Can I ask how you do this with DTEK? I'm on Marshmallow B7.

Stop an app from accessing your personal info - DTEK by BlackBerry - 1.1

Do the reverse of Deny.
    07-18-16 01:50 PM
    BlackBerry should definitely make its own file manager. There are only a few managers that are worth anything. SE is one, file manager is another and so is the Asus one. The first 2 use material design. I am in the trial phase for SE. I will likely purchase.

I'd rather have BlackBerry give me a file manager that allows cloud storage and LAN, ftp etc. Come on BlackBerry make a world class file manager.

Solid explorer allows a myriad of cloud drives. I use it with Dropbox and onedrive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    misterabrasive likes this.
    07-19-16 09:57 AM
    Es file manager is good.......
    08-03-16 06:53 AM
    Es file manager is good.......
    No it's not. POS adware.

http://www.xda-developers.com/psa-la...ur-lockscreen/
    08-03-16 10:34 PM
    Does the paid / Pro version have adds?

Thinking of buying it but not if there are adds

Posted via PRIV on Verizon - not as good as my Passport but getting there