I know that you stated V3 was removed (#49) but shortly after I saw your post, I went to the site and V3 was still up. I thought at the time that you may have been mistaken because I think I went there one day after you posted. Anyway, I have checked several times over the weeks and it has always been there. I sent James an email about 2 days ago asking him if he would at least remove the download so that people would not have to pay for something that does not work (on 10.3.3 , at least). It is still there, however.
    edit: I do remember ONLY seeing V2.0.0.2 in the changelog however which I thought was strange.
    It's all rather strange but none of this is going to stop me from supporting BB10 developers. In fact, I've decided not to request my money back and hope that it goes towards a fix in a small way. I have been using Cobalt's app for a while now and I donated at the time, maybe it's time for a top up?
    01-20-17 07:18 AM
    BlackBerry 10.3.3 is new in the market now it will take a Lil time to Crack it don't worry u will be able to use snap on 10.3.3 on BlackBerry soon

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 12:31 PM
    BlackBerry 10.3.3 is new in the market now it will take a Lil time to Crack it don't worry u will be able to use snap on 10.3.3 on BlackBerry soon

Posted via CB10
    I respectfully disagree with you. The app has been publically down for 2 full months, it should never take a dev this long to have found a fix, especially for a paid app. Secondly, the dev would have had a beta developer version of the app to test their current apps out before the new OS was released, the autoloaders for the dev beta were released in May, 2016, a full 6 months before 10.3.3 was released publicly, plenty of time to discover the issue and fix it before the upgrade. Add the 2 months since the app went down and the dev has had 8 months to fix this issue.

That's bad enough, but add into that the completely lack of communication and updates and you have a dev who either can't fix the issue or can't be bothered to fix the issue. Either way, I'm done with Snap and am back with Cobalt, I suggest you check it out.
    01-21-17 07:00 AM
    This is a shame, I do prefer the Snap solution over Cobalt. I really can't stand all my apps telling me I need Google Play when Cobalt's is installed. Snap is just easier to use and more seamless.
    01-25-17 08:52 AM
    This is a shame, I do prefer the Snap solution over Cobalt. I really can't stand all my apps telling me I need Google Play when Cobalt's is installed. Snap is just easier to use and more seamless.
    Whether you use Snap or Cobalt, it has no bearing on whether an app needs Google Play services or not.

You are downloading the same app from the same source.
    01-25-17 08:59 AM
    Whether you use Snap or Cobalt, it has no bearing on whether an app needs Google Play services or not.

You are downloading the same app from the same source.
    Eh ... using Snap I don't get NAGGED about requiring Google Play services in the hub, while with Cobalt's solution I do.
    01-25-17 09:04 AM
    Eh ... using Snap I don't get NAGGED about requiring Google Play services in the hub, while with Cobalt's solution I do.
    Not possible. It's the identical app.

If you are getting HUB notices (and not from the app itself), you have something set up wrong.
    Last edited by conite; 01-25-17 at 10:08 AM.
    01-25-17 09:48 AM
    The simple fact is, though, is that you only have one option right now f you want to use Google Play; Cobalt. Snap has been dead for over 60 days now and, quite honestly, I don't think there's going to be a fix at all or at least in the foreseeable future. The dev's been ignoring Tweets and no doubt emails for 51 days now, not even willing to offer even a slither of hope or info to his/her own users.

Snap and 10.3.3-img_20170125_105526.png

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 10:01 AM
    Not possible. It's the identical app.

If you are getting HUB notices (and not from the app itself), you have something set up wrong.
    Snap and Cobalt are the 'identical app'? Beats me. Here was me thinking they were two approaches to achieving the same result, with the one (Cobalt) putting annoying nag notices into the hub and Snap not doing so. But you know better obviously.
    01-25-17 10:27 AM
    Snap and Cobalt are the 'identical app'? Beats me. Here was me thinking they were two approaches to achieving the same result, with the one (Cobalt) putting annoying nag notices into the hub and Snap not doing so. But you know better obviously.
    I'm in complete agreement with Conite on this one, I've never received Hub notices about Google Play Services while I've had Cobalt installed (I've used it on and off for a couple of years). The only notices I have received were/are about app updates and nothing more.
    01-25-17 10:46 AM
    Snap and Play Store are of course not identical. But the apps they download are. An app either has a Google Play SERVICES dependency or not. Regardless of which method you use to download the app.

Google Play Services is used in almost any app that uses Maps or Google Login. You can't get them to work without my solution.
    01-25-17 11:52 AM
    Curious the difference between what Google collects using the Play Store App and what Snap had been collecting for Google while it worked. Information collection is inevitable using Snap or your solution, but it would be good to know what information Snap provided Google as compared to the Play Store that you enable on BB10.

Thanks (and for your work).
    Last edited by DonHB; 01-25-17 at 08:21 PM.
    01-25-17 08:07 PM
    Snap is collecting the same information as Play Store.

The data is sent via the API when authenticating and downloading apps. So Google knows at least your email address, what you downloaded and some specs of your phone.

Additionally, snap collects it's own data about you and sends it to the Snap download server. That is fact and even stated in the legal notice that is built in to snap.

What is better? You decide...
    01-26-17 01:56 AM
    Snap and Play Store are of course not identical. But the apps they download are. An app either has a Google Play SERVICES dependency or not. Regardless of which method you use to download the app.

Google Play Services is used in almost any app that uses Maps or Google Login. You can't get them to work without my solution.
    Hi Cobalt. Thanks for taking the time to respond to this thread haha. You are obviously much more involved in BB10 than the dev of Snap and I appreciate it.

I can produce screenshots of what I am referring to. With yours installed I get constant hub notifications from Amazon Prime Music and LinkedIn that I need Google Play Services installed, but the apps work fine - it's just the NAG in the hub that is annoying (and the nags keep coming back even after being dismissed).

The NAGs in the hub don't appear when I'm using Snap.

The issue isn't that the apps don't work. They do work. But I cannot stand being constantly nagged in the hub. can I turn off hub notifications using your solution?
    01-26-17 07:25 AM
    Well, if you install my patched Google Play Services, the apps will notice that and try to access it. If the app isn't patched, you will see a nag, because the signature isn't correct.

There are two ways to solve that:

1. Use Play Store only WITHOUT installing Googe Play Services = No nag (if the app has the built in option to run without Play Services)
    2. Keep Google Play Services installed and PATCH the app that wants Google Play Services = No nag and full functionality
    01-26-17 11:48 AM
    The data is sent via the API when authenticating and downloading apps. So Google knows at least your email address, what you downloaded and some specs of your phone.

What is better? You decide...
    Thanks, but I am interested in the most Google gets through your adapted Play Services. Have you considered adding DTEK like features to it? You maybe able to sell the UI portion on BlackBerry World.
    01-26-17 12:07 PM
    I don't understand the problem with Google. Every company is collecting your data. Be it Google, Apple or Blackberry. If you don't want that, you should maybe sell your phone and cancel your Internet contract. Wearing a foil hat may also help.
    anon(9169048) and CNX66 like this.
    01-26-17 04:39 PM
    It would be good to know what they are actually collecting. As you are already familiar with Google's code, you are in an excellent position to provide to those using GMS enabled apps this information.

Do you know if BlackBerry actually licensed the VM from a third party? It would explain a lot.
    01-27-17 09:17 PM
    Read this for more details:
    https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

The BlackBerry runtime is a custom compiled Android version based on AOSP.
    01-28-17 06:01 AM
    You could provide actual information as compared to Google's general pronouncements and it could be on a per app basis. I would pay for a DTEK like app on BB10 and purchased on Appworld. What would you like to charge for an Android (presumably simpler than using Cascades) app that would talk to an updated GMS solution from you?

Was the runtime adaption to Neutrino entirely done by BlackBerry?
    01-28-17 02:17 PM
    For anyone wanting a somewhat Snap-like app, check out the Yalp Store from F-Droid.
    01-28-17 02:28 PM
    Damn me wish I'd have read the comments before paying for this :/ just wasted 3$

Posted via CB10
    01-28-17 07:08 PM
    Well, if you install my patched Google Play Services, the apps will notice that and try to access it. If the app isn't patched, you will see a nag, because the signature isn't correct.

There are two ways to solve that:

1. Use Play Store only WITHOUT installing Googe Play Services = No nag (if the app has the built in option to run without Play Services)
    2. Keep Google Play Services installed and PATCH the app that wants Google Play Services = No nag and full functionality

Ah I see that now. So I've got to manually run all my apps, one by one, laboriously through your patch program - bummer. Snap probably does that for me automatically, hence the reason I don't get nags. I donated for Snap so I might donate for yours if I like it, seems like a hell of a lot more work to get it going than with Snap though.
    01-29-17 04:41 PM
    Damn me wish I'd have read the comments before paying for this :/ just wasted 3$

Posted via CB10
    If the guy really has abandoned us he is a major d!ck ... website still taking donations ... but then again Chen is taking money off BBOS and BB10 customers even although he has abandoned them too. So I guess the Snap dev is taking lessons from Chen on how to be a major d!ck.
    01-29-17 04:42 PM
    Ah I see that now. So I've got to manually run all my apps, one by one, laboriously through your patch program - bummer. Snap probably does that for me automatically, hence the reason I don't get nags. I donated for Snap so I might donate for yours if I like it, seems like a hell of a lot more work to get it going than with Snap though.
    Snap does not patch anything.

As he pointed out, if you have Play Services installed you will have to patch and it doesn't matter if you got the app from snap or the Play Store.
    01-29-17 04:55 PM
136 12345 ...